Stay on Budget with Christmas Craft Ideas
Edited by Pia Marie Villamante, Robbi, Lynn, Eng and 2 others
You can make this Christmas season more fun and exciting if you stay on budget and at the same time enhance your creativity to make your own Christmas craft. You can gather your family members inspiration to create your own Christmas decorations made from either a recycled or indigenous materials.This is a good bonding experience. Here are some creative ways to stay on budget with Christmas craft ideas:
Make Your Own Christmas Tree Craft Ideas
Christmas Tree from your garden plants
- 1Ornament balls, you can use any size.
- First, spray paint your Christmas bulb with the color white as your bottom coat and let it dry.
- After that, you can choose any color that you want to use and spray it all over again as your second coat.
- Use glitter as a part of the design. You can sprinkle it all over or just on some parts. Form any design or figure out what you want to do. Get a string and hang it on your tree.
- 2Hanging flowers, all you need is a colored paper.
- Choose any color. All you have to do is to fold into a shape of a flower.
- Use your creativity.
- 3Christmas lights.
- It's preferable if you use LED lights as they are brighter.
- Use different kinds of color so that your Christmas tree would look colorful. More color more fun!
Things You'll Need
Do's and Don'ts When Making Christmas Crafts
- 1If you are doing the crafts for your house, consider if that is something that people around you will be able to appreciate. For instance, if you have children, you may want to opt for brighter colors as that is more attractive to them.Do consider the personality of the people around you as you create your crafts.
- 2Read through different materials or look around you and your neighborhood. For sure, there will be some elements in your surroundings that you will be able to get inspiration from. For example, if you see there's a lot of ice covering the garage, you may want to create snowman crafts. Keep your design attuned to what's actually going on in your area.Do get the inspiration from different sources.
- 3You do not need to spend a lot of money in making these interesting Christmas crafts. If you look around your house, you may be surprised to find some really useful materials. In other words, a bit more of resourcefulness and you are sure to be able to save a lot of money yet come up with some really nice pieces.Do make use of readily available materials.
- 4You can even use it as a way to bond with the other family members. It should not be like a chore that you have to finish. Enjoy the process. The more happy you feel while doing it, the more beautiful products you will be able to come up with.Do keep your craft making session interesting and fun.
- 5If you keep your materials organized and within sight as you do your craft, the more productive you become and you avoid having to urgently buy things you thought you didn't have but need.Do remain organized when making your crafts.
- 6Just keep them neatly in a box. You will realize in the future that you will have use for them. Just because you are not able to use them now does not mean that they are already useless.Don't throw away remaining materials.
- 7Enjoy and use this exercise as a way to de-stress and relax. You will be proud of your output after that.Don't rush the entire process.
Categories : Holidays & Traditions
Recent edits by: Florence I. Edim, Eng, Lynn