Stay Safe when Jogging or Running
Edited by Pia Marie Villamante, Eng, Lynn
Jogging or running is a good physical exercise. It helps us stay fit and healthy and keeps us away from illnesses. It also boosts our stamina. Being safe when jogging or running is an important thing, especially for women. Safety is one of the biggest issues neglected today. Jogging can be considered recreational and can be done with friends or family, but just remember always stay safe in everything you do.
- 1Always bring your money and your ATM card/credit card/debit card. Having extra cash in your pocket is a must, especially when you step out of your house. This way, when an emergency comes about, you'll always have some money handy. And whenever you need something to drink or a bite to eat, you're always prepared.Advertisement
- 2Always bring your ID (identification card). Never forget to bring your ID. Just in case something happens or something comes up, you'll have something to be identified with.Advertisement
- 3Bring your cellular phone. Always bring your cellphone, wherever you go, as this would be your way of communicating with others.
- 4Run with others. Never run alone, as it is simply dangerous. You don't know what might happen, especially at night. If possible, bring your friends with when running or jogging.
- 5Wear bright colored clothes. Runners and joggers should wear bright colored clothes so that you will be noticeable and visible to everyone and you can avoid getting hit by a car.
- 6Never wear headsets. Wearing a headset while running is a big no-no. It would prevent you from hearing if there are some other runners, cyclists or cars in the area. This is also to avoid possible danger.
- 7Do not wear any jewelry. If you have earrings, bracelets, watches, necklaces, etc., leave them at home! Before leaving your house, leave your valuable things which you will not be needing.
- 8Always trust your instincts or your intuitions. If you feel bad or weird about someone or something stay away from it.
- 9Don't talk to strangers. Don't just talk to someone you don't know. This could be their trick on doing or preparing for something.
- 10Use your head. Be prepared. Make sure you have everything you need.
Things You'll Need
Techniques for Good Running
- 1Stay focused.
Benefits of Jogging
- 1Reduces weight. Who wouldn't want to get slim, fit and sexy? Jogging is the best way to lose your weight and stay in shape.
- 2Stress reliever. Jogging can relieve stress and lift up your mood.
- 3Circulates blood flow. Improves your blood flow.
- 4Removes toxins within your body. Jogging could help remove excess waste in your body.
- 5Boosts the immune system. Regular jogging helps fight diseases and improves your body's performance.
- 6Strengthens bones and muscles. Exercising just like jogging and running makes our bones and muscles strong.
- Bring bottled water.
- Wear comfortable running shoes.
- Wear white or bright colored clothes.
- Drink a few ounces before jogging.
- Stay positive.
- Never run or jog when you experience these things:
- Chest pains
- Over fatigue
- Heart palpitations
- Trouble breathing
There is no user reviews.