Start Your Own Mobile Phone Loading Business
Edited by Christine Cruz, Doug Collins, Eng, Dougie and 19 others
"I need a job!" says 15-year old Grace. Grace is still studying but is experiencing a hard time paying for her tuition fees, and other expenses. Her allowance is limited because her family is undergoing a financial crisis. Too bad, she is just 15 years old. She can't even try to apply for jobs. It is difficult for minors like her to find one. How can she, at her young age, earn money to pay for her expenses?
- 1 What's a loading business?
- 2 Make It Happen
- 3 An Example of a Loading Business
- 4 With GLOBE
- 5 SMART/TALK N' TEXT/RED
- 6 Load All Telecom Method
- 7 Make it Reasonable
- 8 Watch Out
- 9 Character
- 10 Questions and Answers
- 10.1 Open a loading business in Philippines?
- 10.2 Is there a mix carrier loading business?
- 10.3 What are the requirements to be a globe sub-dealer?
- 10.4 Does the bank still need to be able to reload the GCASH?
- 10.5 How much are the membership fees?
- 10.6 Mobile phone Globe - how can I advance the expiry date using pass-load strategy?
- 10.7 Does this work if I am in another country?
- 10.8 Are there any cellphone load companies that offer more than a 7% or 10% profit margin?
- 10.9 How will you achieve promotion?
- 10.10 How is it possible to be a distributor?
- 10.11 How am I going to use my retailer's SIM in order to start selling load?
- 11 Comments
What's a loading business?
In this article, we are going to talk about mobile phone loading. There are countries where Telephone Companies allow dealers and retailers to offer credits. You don't necessarily have to own credit cards or have a job to acquire registered phone numbers. Thus, in some places, mobile phone loading is guaranteed to earn you money. Most people these days own a cellphone, even the kids have them. This means having a cellphone requires that you load it with credits. That also means money. You convert your cash to load, and you can use that load to send text messages and call. This equates to you earning lots of money.
So, where do you come in?
Be a Load Retailer. Be the one your family and your friends ask for a load for their cell phone. Make it a business. It's time for you to earn. Acquire the necessary requirements to start your own loading business.
Make It Happen
- 1If your area allows a phone loading business, search for the best loading business to venture into. Compare one from another. Ask for results from others who have tried it. Weigh your options. Compare weaknesses and strengths. Arm yourself with all the possibilities.Conduct a Research.
- 2After conducting the research, the selection is next. You have to be wise in choosing what kind to venture on. The foundation of your business depends on your decision, so choose wisely!Choose Wisely.
- 3Do all the requirements, and don't miss a thing. Register and fill out the forms. Buy the necessary materials. A better start - a better preparation - better results.Get Your Phone Ready.
- 4If it fails, make sure that you have a backup plan. There will always be a margin of error to everything even in a loading business. Consider all the things that might go wrong, and plan solutions for them.Have a Backup Plan.
- 5Make sure your phone is loaded. There will always be unexpected things to come like large amounts of load someone needs to buy in a hurry?Get Loaded.
An Example of a Loading Business
Loading Business in the Philippines
We are going to cite an example of a loading business that can be found in the Philippines. Similar systems may be in place in your country. You just have to follow the steps required in your location. Below are two Telecom Companies in the Philippines: Globe and Smart.
Individual Telecom Loading Method
This section provides the individual loading system provided by each telephone companies to ensure loyalty from the retailers. Obviously, it is beneficial to avoid unnecessary fees and wasted credits.
Why use Individual Loading Method?
- 1Some companies provide rewards and privileges to those dealers and retailers of the company. These are only provided to their loyal dealers and retailers. Also, these vary from company to company.Rewards and Privileges.
Globe Autoload Max SIM Kit
This SIM card can be purchased through registered outlets near you. This SIM is basically designed for customers who wish to venture into the loading business. In fact, the area where you registered may contact you for events where rewards and privileges may be given to you.
This SIM card has a Globe LOAD menu that you can access to buy and sell load, check your inventory, check for promos, share-a-load, GCash, and change your pin settings.
This loading method is provided with a rebate system. You will earn money in such a way that if you sell 10Php load, your account will be deducted less, according to the rebate percentage provided by Globe. For example, if Globe allows 7% rebate, you will have 7Php rebate after you sold 100Php of load.
GCash is a virtual wallet provided by Globe that lets you send money, pay bills, buy stuff online or locally, and most importantly, buy load. The thing with GCash is it gives you up to 10% rebate from your load transaction. Meaning, if you load yourself 100Php, it will only deduct 90Php from your load wallet. That's 3% more when using GCash.
Another great thing is that you can also send load to others with the same rebate. In the GCash website, you can view the rebates - continually updated.
To register, just type *143# on your phone then find the GCash option. A simple registration will follow. To verify your account, also called KYC Process, just go to Globe centers and Villarica Pawnshops. If you can't find any, there will be a list of suggested centers from Globe that will allow you to verify your account.
After verifying your account, you can already load your GCash from registered centers, too.
How to Buy Load?
- 1Select GCASH and then select Buy Load. Proceed to the instructions provided, to successfully buy your credit.Go to the Globe Postpaid or Globe Prepaid Menu on your mobile phone.
- 2To purchase load for yourself, just type LOAD<space>AMOUNT<space>4-digit PIN and send to 2882.Another method is by sending a text message.
- 3Example: LOAD 30 1234 and send to 28829172343454To buy load for others, just type LOAD<space>AMOUNT<space>4-digit PIN and send to 2882+10-digit mobile number of the recipient.
- 4The available denominations are any amount from P10 - P150, P300, P500, and P1000.
- 5You can visit any Globe Business Center or GCASH outlet near you to convert your cash into GCASH.
SMART/TALK N' TEXT/RED
Smart Load Retailer Kit
Like Globe's, this SIM card can be purchased through registered outlets near you. The SIM pack provided by Smart is basically designed for customers who wish to venture into the loading business. In fact, the area where you register may contact you for events where rewards and privileges may be given to you. This SIM card has a Smart LOAD menu that you can access to buy and sell load, check your inventory, check for promos, Pasaload, and change your pin settings. This loading method is provided with a rebate system.
Load All Telecom Method
There are companies in the country that provide business opportunities to their customers. A simple activation is required so you can access every telecom loading.
Why use this method? This guarantees a wide range of customers. You will be able to serve them anytime and anywhere with no worries of incompatibility. This will eventually attract more customers, too. You can search them so you will be able to choose what company to use.
Make it Reasonable
There are things that you should be reminded beforehand, in order to successfully start your own loading business. Keep these things in mind to have a successful and profitable business.
- 1In every business, you have to be open-minded. Open-minded to anything that may happen. There's no absolute guarantee of success in any business. There's always a danger of failure, resulting to bankruptcy. You need to be ready for all possibilities.Keep an Open Mind.
- 2A loading business needs a great amount of patience. It doesn't give you instant earnings. There may come a time when income slows down or even comes to a stop. You need to be patient for the business to boom.Be Patient.
- 3You have to have a pocketful of techniques and strategies. Keep in mind that you need to attract a lot of customers to keep the income coming. Research ideas to do just that; and to continue increasing your client base.Strategic.
- 4You cannot accomplish anything if you don't take risks. In this case, earning money requires that you take a risk. Don't be afraid to make money. No risk, no income.Take Risks.
- You should be wary of scams. Nothing defines a bad day like getting caught in a scam.
- Be alert. Don't be fooled, as you will make a fool out of yourself. Thieves will always be around looking for someone to fall for their scams.
- Double-check everything you do, and if you aren't sure, research research research.
- Keep it going. Availability matters. You gain customers with your availability.
- Be nice to customers. A simple smiley will attract customers.
- Keep yourself up-to-date with the latest, the changes, your clients - everything that can improve your business.
Questions and Answers
Open a loading business in Philippines?
If you want to open a loading business in the Philippines, you have to consider the amount of capital you'll need to get started, and your location of the business.
Actually, you do not need a lot of capital to open a loading business. You can actually do this from your own home, or just put up a small stall in front of some schools or stores.
You can even start with a capital of P5,000 to P10,000 as long as you have a cellphone and reloading SIM. You can get the Globe Autoload Max SIM or SMART Retailer SIM and SUN Retailer SIM at your reloading outlets, and you could start your business right away.
This is a good business opportunity since almost all people nowadays have their own mobile phones.
Is there a mix carrier loading business?
I mean one loading system for globe, smart, sun, etc.
Yes, actually there are numerous mix carrier loading businesses in the Philippines that allows members to load using one virtual account or SIM card to different mobile networks in the Philippines like Globe, Smart, Sun, and others. A good example is the Vmobile Technologies Inc. powered by Load Extreme in the Philippines. Vmobile stands for Virtual Mobile, which allows members to load to almost 300 virtual products, different mobile networks (Globe, Smart, Sun, Talk and Text and others), online top-up game cards, landlines (PLDT, DIGITEL, and others) and much more using one virtual account. Another good example is the Loadcentral, which also allows members to load to almost 300 virtual products using only one pre-activated SIM card. To sum it up, there are mix carrier loading businesses in the Philippines that allows users to use one loading system to load to multiple network providers like Globe, Smart, Sun and other telecommunication companies in the Philippines.===How can I start as a dealer of load?=== I want to be a dealer of e-load how can I start this business? My boss told me and offered me a small business like a loading station. But I don't know how to start it.
The first thing to check is what competition you may have. Study your future competitors to see if you can figure out how they run their promotions so that you can be ahead of them from time to time. Then you will want to research the companies of which you will purchase the bulk credits from. Make a list of the good and the bad with each one so that you can pick who will be your supplier. Then you can begin setting up your business plan and company.
What are the requirements to be a globe sub-dealer?
I wish to be a globe sub-dealer so I can sell load to a retailer, but I wonder what the requirements are to have that simple business. I hope you can help me with this. Thank you.
You would start here and purchase credits to begin sub dealing them to the public.
See more questions like this: I need to know how to become a sub dealer with Globe?
Does the bank still need to be able to reload the GCASH?
Does the bank still need to be able to reload the GCASH?
GCash lists 4 Ways to Reload GCash. Once you have a GCash account, you can go to your nearest Globe retail location and reload the GCash wallet. If this is not an option then look into the other three methods listed.
How much are the membership fees?
How much are the membership fees?
Globe requires an initial investment of 1,000 P.
Mobile phone Globe - how can I advance the expiry date using pass-load strategy?
It appears that Globe does not allow a receiver of a shared load to share it back to the original giver. I am the owner of both Globe SIM mobiles in question. So, what do you guys say? Can I just send the load in question from the second SIM to a third SIM? As the owner of this third Globe SIM, can I use it to send the load in question to my first Globe SIM phone, which is the one I use all the time for communication?
I mean will Globe also prevent this last share a load, and why and how? When does Globe not know that all three mobiles belong to the same owner? The fact is that someone in the office used to receive a shared load from me on one of his phones, and he uses another phone to share an equal amount of load to me. So that no one between us two has to shell out new cash. I want to advance the expiry date of the load in my phone while receiving a shared load from a giver. Cost of doing a share a load is one peso which Globe debits from the giver's load.
You will have to test it. Globe changes their rules from time to time. You can ask in their Community Portal, but just be careful how you word the question. I would phrase it as "I would like to purchase credits to share a load for my employees' company cell phones." They do allow that in the business setup pages under their Enterprise tab on the website.
Does this work if I am in another country?
I'm interested in the loading business, but can I operate this if I'm here in the USA?
You could start an E-load company from the USA marketing overseas, but it is recommended to have someone there that can help you grow your business with marketing or setting up physical loading machines.
Are there any cellphone load companies that offer more than a 7% or 10% profit margin?
Are there any cellphone load companies that offer more than a 7% or 10% profit margin in the Philippines. What about volume discounts?
Globe has gone as high as 15%. You will want to search the current market as Sun and Smart often will change to compete with what Globe is doing. Perhaps you should consider going with a central load business that offers credits for all competitors to maintain the optimal profit margin.
How will you achieve promotion?
The financial goal about the market
Don't tie to one supplier. This will give you the power over which promotion benefits you the best every time you go to reload. Pay close attention to marketing wars amongst the companies in order to gain new sub-dealers. You can often go directly to one of their locations or call and request you be honored in that promotion and they will honor it for you even though you are an existing sub-dealer.
How is it possible to be a distributor?
Being a distributor for Smart Talk n Text. Sun. Globe. TM. I have tried: Not yet. I think it was caused by: No
The process is explained on this page. Each company has a pretty standard 1,000P initial investment.
How am I going to use my retailer's SIM in order to start selling load?
I recently purchased both smart and globe retailer's SIM without asking the how of it (my fault). Getting home later, I tried to use them to load my brother's number. In my phone's services menu there are globe load and smart load but for some reason, I can't successfully load. Using smart, I go to services then choose globe load then press regular load then a "please wait" message always appears. This goes for the globe SIM. Yes, I've waited but nothing happens until it drained my battery (it did!). I've tried the process over and over...same result. The smart retailer's comes with a thousand peso load. I received a message confirming that 1,000 worth of load have gone down to my load wallet. So,an empty load wallet could not be the problem here. What could be the matter? Do these SIM cards need activating? I'm resolve to go back to the store where I bought the SIM cards but can't do it right away. My place is far from the store's location. Any ideas? I haven't read any article talking about a situation same as mine. I have tried: Nothing except trying to do the loading process again and again. I think it was caused by: The SIM cards perhaps need activating first or it may be that I'm not doing the loading process right
VisiHow QnA. This section is not written yet. Want to join in? Click EDIT to write this answer.