Spy on Contacts, Call Logs, and Text or SMS Messages with mSpy for iPhones
Edited by Friday, Eng
The process of cell phone spying can be difficult to understand. However, spying on contacts, call logs, and text or SMS messages is a great place to start. One of the best cell phone spy applications out there for any non-jailbroken iPhone is mSpy. It is extremely powerful. Not only does it allow you to spy on iPhone messages and call logs without access to the target phone, but it also stores that information for you. That means if someone is deleting sweet messages to the person they are cheating on you with, you'll still see those messages. That's important, because if you don't know what someone's doing behind your back, you may never find out what they've been doing to you. In the tutorial below we will show you how to spy on the contacts of someone with mSpy. We will also show you how to spy on the call logs, and even read text and SMS messages from their phone.
Spy on Contacts
One of the most important parts of spying on someone's iPhone is knowing who their contacts are. This is because in some cases they may not save the person's name accurately if they trying to hide their relationship with that person from you. Sometimes you might spy on call logs, or spy on SMS and text messages with mSpy, but not really understand the relationships at play. By knowing the contacts, and being able to tell whether a contact is saved as the real person, or a fake person, you can get a pretty good idea of whether someone's cheating or lying to you. Read on to learn how you spy on contacts from a non-jailbroken iPhone.
- 2In the contacts window you will see a list of all contacts for the person. This is a very detailed list. In fact it has more detail than most people are aware of. We will explain each of these details in the section below.
- 3The status indicates whether a person is currently saved, or has been deleted but was previously saved.
- 4The contact name obviously indicates the name of the person. Contact names are sorted in alphabetical order from A to Z.
- 5The age of the person is based on any saved information about the person's birthday in the contacts. This is a great place to start looking for information on someone, because generally speaking only important people have a birthday saved in someone's contacts.
- 6Next is the primary phone number for the person. This is their primary phone number, but they may have additional phone numbers, email, and even addresses saved under the more info option.
- 7More info is a gold mine for anyone spying on contacts on an iPhone with mSpy. That's because more info includes additional phone numbers, email addresses, and even physical addresses. It's a great way to get more detail about someone you are spying on.
Spy on Call Logs
If you're trying to spy on someone, knowing who they call, who calls them, and when those calls were made is critical to understanding what's really happening. While calls are just part of the picture, they do represent a big part of that picture. Especially if someone tells you they didn't have any phone balance, or that they haven't been calling someone, but you are able to use mSpy to see their calls and know that they are lying to you. Below we will show you how to spy on call logs with mSpy.
- 1To spy on a person's call logs, simply click the call logs option on the main menu to the left side of the mSpy dashboard. This will open the call logs window.
- 2Outgoing calls will be listed with a blue circle and a white arrow. This arrow will point away from the contact name.
- 3Incoming calls will be shown with a green circle and a white arrow. This arrow will point towards the contact.
- 4Next you will see the call duration, or an indication that the call was missed. It's important to note that sometimes calls deleted within two minutes of being received may not be shown. Unfortunately it's not realistic for mSpy to check the phone every moment, otherwise it completely drains the phone battery. Therefore call logs are only scanned every two minutes by mSpy for the iPhone you are spying on.
- 5Last you will see the date. This is simply the date the call was received, made, or missed.
- 6You may search calls within specific date ranges by using the search function at the top right side of the page. This function can be used to search for specific days, weeks, or months.
- 7If you wish to perform a detailed search, select 'Custom' from the drop-down menu. Then enter in the beginning date range, and the final date range. This will search the calls for that specific range and allow you to see what was happening on specific days and times.
Spy on SMS and Text Messages
A lot of information is exchanged in text and SMS messages. In fact, if someone's cheating on you, there is probably a lot of flirting and secret messages sent between lovers. The same holds true of children planning things they don't think parents are aware of, or dishonest business associates planning to meet and exchange documents or accept illicit payments. Awareness is key to understanding what's really happening. With mSpy you will be able to spy on SMS messages and text messages sent or received on the non-jailbroken iPhone you are spying on.
- 1To spy on text messages and SMS messages, simply click the 'Text Message' option on the left side menu from the main mSpy dashboard. This will open up the SMS window.
- 2The first thing you will see is the type of message. Incoming SMS messages are in a green circle with a white arrow that points towards the message.
- 3Outgoing SMS messages are in a blue circle with a white arrow that points away from the message.
- 4Following that you will see the name of the person registered in the contacts. Note that in some cases, if a person is not registered in the contacts list, it will simply be a phone number. As a general rule of thumb, if you are spying on someone, these phone numbers are the ones you likely be most interested in.
- 5After that you will see the type of message. Generally speaking this will simply be SMS. However other types of media and MMS messages can also be shown, depending on the carrier they are using.
- 6After this you will see the actual message. Longer messages will not be shown in full, however you will see at least an excerpt of the beginning of the message.
- 7Two view a message that is longer, simply click the message. This will open up a small pop-up window and show you the details of the message.
- 8Finally you will see the timestamp of the message. Note that this time is listed according to the phone your spying on. Therefore if someone has their time set differently than the actual time zone they are in, message times may be different.
- 9You may search messages as well. Searches are performed according to date. The default option is 'All time', however you can search by week, month, or even day.
- 10To perform a custom search, select 'Custom' from the drop-down window. Then enter in the date or date ranges you would like to search. This show you all messages for the given time.
- Remember that deleted calls may not show up in the call log if they were deleted within two minutes of being made, received, or missed.
- Note that internal SMS messages, such as WhatsApp, BlackBerry, or other third party messaging tools are not tracked unless you are on a jailbroken iPhone, or using the WhatsApp feature to spy on an iPhone.
Categories : Suspicions
Recent edits by: Friday