Sleep Peacefully at Night
Edited by Christine Cruz, Jonathan, Eng, Alma and 2 others
"Five minutes more!" yelled fifteen year old Kaye from her bed. Her mother tugged at her sheet once more, and then proceeded to open the Windows to let the sunshine in. With the sun's glare on her face, Kaye had no choice but to open her eyes and let sleep slip out of her.
Too familiar!!? This is a common day-to-day scenario in the morning in most neighborhoods, even at your own home. This is because some people have a hard time waking up in the morning, but did you know that if morning persons are already rare nowadays, nocturnal individuals are too common today? There are people who are too active at night that they suffer from insomnia.
They have a hard time hitting the hay and even if they succeeded in succumbing to their unconscious mind, restlessness is still definite to follow them in their dreams. Some resort to bad and even to the most perverse ways just for them to be able to sleep peacefully. Unfortunately, these people are not informed enough that there are ways, traditional or scientifically-proven, for them to combat sleeplessness.
If you are suffering from this dilemma, you can follow and do the techniques given below to be able to sleep peacefully at night.
- 1 What is Insomnia?
- 2 Types of Insomnia
- 3 How to Sleep Peacefully Again?
- 4 Simple Habits to Develop
- 5 Tips
- 6 Questions and Answers
- 7 Comments
What is Insomnia?
When an individual suffers from trouble with sleeping, inability to calm down enough to sleep, and frequent nightmares, they are usually categorized as people who have a disorder in sleeping better known as people who are insomniacs.
Types of Insomnia
- 1From the word itself transient which means fleeting or passing, this is a type of insomnia where a person usually only suffers for a very short period of time. The person's symptoms of insomnia only last for a few days and to an extent of some weeks.Transient Insomnia.
- 2Acute Insomniacs usually suffer the symptoms for a short period of time, but longer than those who suffer from transient insomnia. The symptoms continue for more than a few weeks.Acute Insomnia.
- 3If the symptoms persist for a longer period of time, usually some months or to a year, the insomniac suffers from chronic insomnia that may be caused already by some other disorders.Chronic Insomnia.
How to Sleep Peacefully Again?
- 1People usually avoid recognizing the problem at all. The first step to recovery is not to find a cure, but to admit that you have a problem to solve. Admitting that you have a difficulty in sleeping focuses your mind at the dilemma thus, paving the way to finding the solution.Acknowledge that you have a problem at hand.
- 2Identify the causes of sleeping troubles.
- 3It is now the time to take action. The moment you realized the cause of your sleeping troubles, it is easier to point out the solution. This is where the method Avoid-Carry Out comes in. Avoid what you should not do, and do what you should.Find a solution.
Simple Habits to Develop
Find the best nightly routine that best suits and helps you achieve a peaceful and restful sleep at night.
- 1If there are people who are active at night, diurnals are individuals who perform better during the day. Having this kind of lifestyle helps you drain your energy enough for your body to want to sleep and recover easily at night. Expending your get-up-and-go compulsions during the daylight will help the recuperation at night, thus make you feel the need to sleep better.Have a Diurnal Lifestyle.
Always keep in mind to get help only from the people you trust. Have the goal set in your mind to sleep peacefully during the night and avoid stress.
Questions and Answers
I am not able to sleep during the night, and I stay irritated during the day?
I am not able to sleep during the night and I stay irritated during the day. I have tried: I have taken Anxit tablets on a couple of days and slept peacefully. I tried to take a drink - Milk, hot water , Whisky , Rum ...All gives me incomplete sleep. I think it was caused by: I don't know...My mind is active in the night
Some of us are more creative and productive at night than during the day, but we are forced to stay up during the day, which creates some problems. However, it is possible to avoid them partially (unless you have insomnia, which requires a complex solution with a therapist). Here are some direct tips for those of us who are owls (active at night):
- exercise every other day for 3 hours at the gymnasium;
- while going to the gymnasium, take vitamins and minerals daily (they should be bought at sport stores after a consultation with a doctor);
- go to a sauna after exercises for 10 - 15 minutes;
- get up earlier and do not postpone getting up by thirty minutes or an hour. It should be ten minutes maximum: this allows us not to postpone our sleeping later during the day;
- take power naps during the day to compensate for some missing hours. The technique requires just a relaxed sitting position. You can drift into sleep and wake up;
- exclude coffee and caffeine drinks from your diet;
- watch the ASMR videos online (just look them up on https://youtube.com);
- exclude alcohol;
- if you are lactose intolerant, exclude milk: it may irritate your stomach;
- practice different relaxation techniques when you are about to sleep.
If you have problems with any of the steps in this article, please ask a question for more help, or post in the comments section below.