Single Tongue the Trumpet
Edited by Toradze, VisiHow, Eng, Hotelier
You're watching VisiHow. This is a video tutorial series on how to play the trumpet. In the previous tutorial, we discussed how to buzz when playing the trumpet. In today's tutorial, we will show you how to single-tongue the trumpet.
- 1Types of articulation include slurring, staccato, double-tonguing, triple-tonguing, short and long tones, Correct placement of the tongue against the teeth and the gums, as well as the proper embouchure helps produce good quality sound. When you speak, you pronounce plosive sounds such as "t" and "k". The dental enunciation ("t") is single tongue. "T" is used when playing short notes on the trumpet, which is very important for marcato and staccato. This dental enunciation allows you to have shorter sustained attacks. When making the "t" sound when playing the trumpet, your tongue should touch the area between your upper gums and teeth. This tongue placement will give you a plosive "t" sound.The tongue is a muscle in the mouth that is required for all types of articulation.
- 3In this video, the Bach Stradivarius 72 Bb trumpet is used.As a daily exercise, practice playing "ta-ta" five times as the 1/16 - 1/8 (dotted) note G.
That was a tutorial on how to single-tongue the trumpet. Please make sure to view our next tutorial on how to gain the endurance to play long notes on the trumpet. If you have any questions or comments, please leave them in the space below. Thank you for watching VisiHow!
See more tutorials on playing the trumpet:
- Tune a Trumpet
- Play Staccato on the Trumpet
- Stand in the Correct Posture While Playing the Trumpet
- Play Legato on the Trumpet
- Empty Spit out of the Trumpet
- Play with Lips Trills on the Trumpet
- Improve Double Tonguing Notes on the Trumpet
- Play Arpeggios on the Trumpet
- Play C Chromatic Scale on the Trumpet
- Play Intervals on Trumpet
- Do Buzzing Exercises When Playing the Trumpet
- Use Your Diaphragm for Playing the Trumpet
- Buzz with Lips when Playing the Trumpet
- Buzz When Playing the Trumpet
- Hold the Trumpet
- Single Tongue the Trumpet
- Gain Endurance to Play Long Notes on the Trumpet
- Play the Trumpet with the Correct Embouchure
Video: Single Tongue the Trumpet
Categories : Music
Recent edits by: Eng, VisiHow, Toradze