Signs That He Likes You on Facebook
Edited by Donna, Maria Quinney, Eng, Alma
Ways to Tell If A Guy Likes You On Facebook
Are you wondering if that man, who suddenly seems to be a presence on your Facebook page or in your Facebook chat box likes you? Here are some ways that you can investigate the matter.
- 1Whether you know him or not, the fact that he has friended you is usually an indicator of whether or not he is interested in you. However, before you assume anything, look at his pages to make sure he is single. Just a reminder that it is best to look at his Relationship Status and a few photos to find out if he is single. You should also check to see if there are a lot of women in his life, as it could mean that he is a bit of player. Most women do not want to be part of somebody's social media harem on Facebook.Advertisement
- 2He LIKES and frequently comments on your posts and engages in conversations about them with your other friends. A man who wants a relationship with you wants your friends to like you and he takes part in commenting to show that he wants to be part of your life. The comments should not be dark in any way, but encouraging and relate to what you are posting.Advertisement
- 3Does he text you often on the Facebook messenger feature? Texting is the tool of flirtation on social media. If he is making friendly overtures to you, then that is a sign that, he likes you. Your next move is to send him a message back. If he replies right away and is very receptive, then he probably likes you. If the reply is a bit curt or distant, there may not be anything going on at all. He may simply be a chronic texter of strange women because he is bored or drunk and may be texting a lot of women at once.
- 4He posts or sends you news items, job advertisements or types of information that might help you with your career. This is a very positive sign that he likes you because a man who is encouraging you like this, wants to let you know that he loves you for your brains, as well as your beauty. A suitor who is doing this is well worth pursuing a relationship with. It also demonstrates that he has researched your interests and career in a good way and that he might be more willing to listen to you.
- 5He writes in full sentence ad paragraphs when he texts you and he tries to use proper punctuation and grammar. The lengthier his texts are, the more interested he is because men don't really love writing a lot on social media. It means that he wants to share his day with you, and even his hopes and dreams. A man who just leaves an icon or Gif for you to look at is showing that he is thinking of you, but it is not as personal as a message. Furthermore, the man that is using proper punctuation and grammar is showing respect for you. Only teenagers overuse the Facebook icons.
- 6He will send you a message asking if you like a post that he liked or posted on Facebook. This is his way of checking up on you and to make sure that you are focusing on him. It is also his way of keeping a dialogue alive between you.
- 7He either posts or sends you pictures of things that are romantic. Examples of this type of image would be a picture of a sunset, cute kittens, and puppies or an exotic destination. He is doing this because he wants to make you laugh or touch your heart in some way.
- 8He tags you or sends you news of when something exciting happens to him. A man who does this, wants you to be proud of his accomplishments. This is his way of telling you that your opinion really does matter to him.
- 9He tags you in the photos and memes that he posts on his page. By doing this is he sending the subtle message that he wants to include you in his circle of close friends. If he only tags you, then it means that he is thinking of you quite often and wants to seek your attention. If he tags you a lot, it can also mean that he is trying to show other men, that you are his, because his name will show up quite frequently on your page.
- 10He comments on or LIKES older photographs of you. If he does that, it means that he is taking the time to go through your posted Facebook history, and investigating the possibility of a romance.
- 11He acts a little jealous if you interact with other men on Facebook. He might do this by messaging you or even messaging the person that you have tagged. He might also start quizzing your friends about men that you are seen within photos with online. This can indicate that he is feeling romantic and territorial.
- 12He shares his invitations to his events, events he is attending or messages you to tell you which events he is going to in the near future. The man who does this wants to check you out in person. It means that he definitely want to meet you and thinks there is potential for a romance in the future.
- 13If you don't post on Facebook for a while, he gets worried and checks up on you by sending you or your friends a message. As texting on the Facebook Messenger service is the only way he can get a hold of you, it might be a bit of a dire matter if you are suddenly inaccessible. When you return, he might even send you a message that says, "Did you miss me?"
- 14A man who really likes you will send you texts in the evening or even after midnight. Night time is the right time for love, so if he only sends you messages at day's end, it is an indication that he romantically or sexually interested in you. Of course, if you don't like him messaging at night, you need to set a boundary with him, especially if it is keeping you up too late and making it hard for you to get up in the morning.
- 15You can analyze how much he likes you by looking at the history of your friendship on Facebook. How often does he click Like, Love or Laugh on your status or engage with you in a comment? Interaction with each other is key. To find out just how much the two of you actually interact with each other on Facebook, click the SEE FRIENDSHIP button. This will tell you how often they click on your status and the nature of the communication and whether it is critical, humorous or encouraging. A man that is trying to make you laugh or smile, is more likely to be a man who wants to get to know you better. One who is starting arguments with you or your friends is more likely to be someone who is just a drunk or someone seeking negative attention.
Ways to Let Him Know That You Like Him Back On Facebook
Once you have detected that he interested there are some steps that you can take to let him now that you like him back.
- 1Send him a message out of the blue. If he replies right away and is very receptive, then he probably likes you. If the reply is a bit or evasive or non-existent, then you may not have anything going with him at all. If he always promptly responds to you, it indicates interest because it means that he is watching for messages from you.Advertisement
- 2Respond quickly and kindly to any messages he sends you. Be slightly flirtatious and always welcoming and he will always respond in kind. Make sure that you decorate your messages with Emoji unless you think this is going to be a more emotionally mature relationship that is beyond that. Sometimes sending too many memes, icons and cute pictures can backfire because it makes you look more emotionally driven and less intelligent.
- 3Tag him in news items, memes and other posts that you think might be of interest to him. This lets him know that you are thinking of him, and would like to continue on with your friendly interactions.
- 4Text him at night. Make the texts a little more personal and tell him about your day. This will make him feel a little more involved in your life. If he likes you, he is going to be very responsive that you are sharing your experiences with him. It is also a good idea to start talking about your dreams for the future, hobbies or fun things that you like to do.
- 5Send him a picture of something that you are doing at the moment. It does not have to be sexual. You could send him a picture of the banana cake you just baked, the amusement ride you were just on or of some kind of interesting sight or place. Don't send what you post to him anywhere else on Facebook and this will make him feel special.
- 6Be sure to like the photos and posts that he puts up and also comment on them quite frequently. This also sends him the psychological message that you like him and are enthusiastic about being involved in his life.
- 7If you want to meet him, then create an event and make sure he is invited, along with a few other friends. This is a good way to be introduced to each other in a fun setting that you can control, without going through the pressure and awkwardness that can be part of a first date. If it turns out that you don't like him in person as you did online, your friends can help him get the hint.
Tips and Tricks
- He may be showing you and the world that he likes you, but before you explore this further, you should make sure that he is not married or in another relationship
- Sometimes these identities are not real and belong to "catfishers", which are men who will borrow money from you and not repay it, so make sure that any romance that you enter into is with a real person
- Be aware that sometimes a man may seem to be flirting with you on Facebook, but his real intention is to get the attention of another woman who is close to you and either make her jealous or spark her interest
- Not all social media flirtations lead to an actual relationship and in fact, there are all kinds of people that simply like flirting on Facebook because it is entertaining and have absolutely no intention of going ahead with anything
- Some men only text women on social media when they are drunk or high and then have no memory of talking to you or posting to you the next day
- If a man is constantly tagging you in posts you can set your Facebook permissions so that his photos do not appear on your wall
- The best way to get rid of a man who is annoying you with too much attention on Facebook is to ignore his comments and never respond to them
Categories : Relationships
Recent edits by: Eng, Maria Quinney, Donna