Signs She Is Taken
Edited by Kathy McGraw, Eng
So, you met a girl, and everything is going well, except for the fact that you feel like she is holding something back. There's something off about her behavior that has you questioning whether she might be married and cheating on her husband with you. In fact, more and more, you're feeling like you're just her boy toy; something to play with when it suits her and put away on the shelf when it doesn't. Well, you have reason to be concerned: a recent Kinsey Institute study found that women now cheat on their spouses at the same rate as men. Yay for equality? Perhaps not.
21 Signs that She is Taking on the Run
Is she, as in the classic REO Speedwagon song, Taking On the Run? If you can identify with any two or more of these signs, then you might want to turn around and walk away from her.
- 1While not everyone is down for PDA, most girls (and I am speaking from experience here, since I am one) enjoy their guy giving them a hug, holding their hand out in public. It's cute and normal. But the real kicker is this: if she's all shy and demure in public, but then is all over you the minute you get behind closed doors, then there's something afoot, and it might be a husband back home.She pulls away whenever you try to show affection for her in public.Advertisement
- 2Does this girl even have a home? If she does, you've never seen it because whenever you're together, it's always at your place, or some hotel far away from the town you both live in. Could it be that she's got a husband and family she's keeping a secret from you?You don't know where she lives.Advertisement
- 3She says she's a busy woman, so she gave you a strict rule about what times during the day she can take your calls. Sure, some people can't take personal calls while they're at work, but if this rule is in place every day, even on weekends, then it's logical to ask why she doesn't want you calling her outside of the specific times she's given you.You can only call her between certain times.
- 4When you start a relationship and you're getting to know someone, it's expected that you'll talk about each other's families and your upbringing. If she doesn't bring it up at all or changes the subject whenever you try and bring it up, that's a red flag that she's hiding something pretty important.She never brings up her family.
- 5If you have been with this girl for a while and she never wants to have "the talk" about where your relationship is going, then she is either not serious about you, or she's got a husband waiting for her back home.She is unwilling to discuss the future.
- 6You go to pick up her phone, even if it's just to hand it back to her, and she immediately snatches it before your hand even closes on it. What's on there that she doesn't want you to see? Is it maybe pictures of her family, including her husband? Things that make you go hmm…She doesn't let you see her phone.
- 7You've taken out your wallet and shown her pictures of your siblings, your dog, you being goofy with your friends, but she hasn't reciprocated the gesture. It's almost like she only exists as a person when she is with you.She doesn't share her photos.
- 8You've never once seen any of her friends, and you haven't met her folks. Is she ashamed of you, or is something else going on, like maybe she's got kids and a husband at home? It's either that, or she's just having a fling with you.She doesn't introduce you to her family or friends.
- 9Have you ever wondered why your dates with this girl are always somewhere other than the town where you live? You'd like to stick close to home sometimes, but she won't hear of it; it has to be some out-of-the-way place. Ask yourself why is that?You're always going to secluded places.
- 10In fact, the only time you can talk to her on the phone is when she calls you. Even when you call during her carefully prescribed hours of availability, she never picks up. What if you had an emergency and needed to get a hold of her? Think about it: is it okay that it seems you are at her beck and call, but she has no time for you when you're not together?You can never get a hold of her when you call.
- 11Like the dating in out of the way places, always meeting in some random Home Depot parking lot is never a good sign. Whenever meeting your girlfriend feels more like an illicit drug deal or mob drop-off, like in the movies, you know something is seriously messed up.She always wants to meet you in parking lots.
- 12You can never do things with your girlfriend just because. You can't call her up and say "hey, let's go hang out at the beach today," or "my friend gave me tickets to the symphony tonight, want to go?" All of your dates have to be planned out at least a week in advance, and even then, she may cancel last minute.She can never be spontaneous.
- 13It's always you who has to adapt to her schedule; she never changes her schedule to accommodate your needs. At best, your relationship is not equal on who decides when you spend time together.While that might be okay if one of you has a hectic job, and the other doesn't, but as a rule, relationships work best when each partner gives and takes in a balanced measure.You are at the mercy of her schedule.
- 14While she could just be a clean-freak, it may be that she is trying to wash your scent off her before she goes home to him.She always takes a shower after you've been together.
- 15You have never spent the night together, not in all the time you've been together. She always has some excuse as to why she has to leave, but after a while, you almost feel used, like she's gotten what she wants from you and now wants to be gone from your sight.She has never spent the night with you.
- 16Yes, girls are generally more careful with their clothes than guys are, but if she insists on hanging up her t-shirt and jeans because she doesn't want even a strand of hair from your cat getting on it, then that's something to question.She's always careful with her clothing.
- 17Holidays are always off-limits for you. You can't see her or even talk to her then, and no matter how much you want to share those special times with her, it's non-negotiable. Even if she isn't married, she isn't making time in her life for you even for those days where it's normal that couples would want to spend time together.She can never spend the holidays with you.
- 18If her phone rings while she is with you, she either grabs it and takes the call in another room or she lets it go to voice mail. While it could be that she's just a private person, if she never takes a single call in your presence, it's suspicious behavior at the very least.She always has to take her calls in another room.
- 19While it's true that not every person is a social media junkie, most people keep some kind of online presence out there, even if it's a Facebook account they never use. If she denies any social media connection, and you find out that she is on Instagram or something, then you may want to question her about why she lied to you about something so innocuous.She tells you she isn't on social media.
- 20You barely see her as it is, and even then it's only for a couple of hours at a time. It seems she always has someplace else to be. At the very least you might question how serious she is about your relationship if she can't make time for you beyond an hour or two here and there.You never spend more than four hours together at a time.
- 21Ooh, if this happens, she is busted! Of course, it could be her brother, but it's definitely something to ask her about. If she acts sketchy about it, though, you have your answer.A receipt falls out of her purse, and when you pick it up, you see that it has another man's first name.
Categories : Relationships
Recent edits by: Kathy McGraw