Signs He Is Taken
Edited by Kathy McGraw
You've met this amazing guy, and he is everything you could ask for in a boyfriend. When you are together, you feel like you are his whole world: he hangs on your every word, he brings you gifts, the whole nine yards. The problem is that when he is not with you, it's like you don't exist in his life. You can't ever get a hold of him unless he contacts you and it really feels like he's sectioned you off from the rest of his life. Could he have a wife and a family back home? It's starting to look an awful lot like it. So, are you his side-chick? If any of these 23 signs seem like they fit your situation, then he probably is taken.
- 1You're curious. Will he have some time to spend with you this weekend? If his answers are vague, such as saying that he doesn't know if he tells you that he is doing something but won't say who he is doing it with or is cagey about it, then it's obvious that he is hiding something, or rather, someone from you.He always gives vague answers about his plans.
- 2You want to spend your weekends with him and you'd love to have Christmas or Thanksgiving together, but he's never available. That's because he's spending that time with his wife and family.He's never around on the weekends or holidays.
- 3Guys like to keep photos of their families in their wallets. If he makes it a point to never show it to you, then he's hiding something in there, something like pictures of the two kids, the dog, and his lovely wife who are waiting back home for him.He never lets you see the inside of his wallet.
- 4Pet names are cute and all, but if you're always honey, sweetheart, babe, or love, and he never uses your name, then he is likely trying to avoid referring to the wrong name when he is with his wife.He doesn't call you by name.
- 5If he treats his phone like it contains top secret information, then there's probably something on it that he doesn't want you to see. Yes, some people are more private than others, but if he snatches it off the table before you can even see the wallpaper on its screen, then something's up.He doesn't let you see his phone.
- 6You've never seen where he lives, ever. You always spend time together at your house or apartment, and if you ask to try spending time at his, he quickly changes the subject of makes a lame excuse for why you can't.He never takes you over to his place.
- 7He always takes you out somewhere far away from where you both live.When you go out, it's always to some remote location or another town.You get the feeling that he doesn't want anyone who knows him to see you together.
- 8This is tell-tale sign number one: a tan line on his left ring finger. Unless he's a guy who normally wears a lot of rings, that white line around his finger means that he normally wears a wedding ring.There is a white band of skin on his left ring finger.
- 9Unless he's told you that he has kids from a past marriage, finding toys in the car means that he's a family man looking for some action without his family, especially if you have been with him for more than a month and he hasn't brought it up.You find children's toys in his car.
- 10When you try to reach him, your calls always get shunted to voicemail; he never, ever picks up the phone. Of course, he could just be busy or terrible at getting his calls, but if he never answers, then there's a reason he isn't doing it, and it's probably the wife sitting beside him on the couch.He doesn't answer your calls.
- 11If you haven't met his friends or any members of his family, then he is making no attempt to integrate you into his life. He has you in a compartment, hermetically sealed off from the rest of his world.He hasn't introduced you to his friends and family.
- 12While not everyone is into social media, if he says that he doesn't have a Facebook account, but you later find out that he does, then that's a big sign that he's got a wife and family he is hiding from you.He tells you he isn't on social media.
- 13It doesn't have to be a seedy dive, like you see in the movies, it can be the Marriott or the Holiday Inn, but if he asks you to meet him at a hotel, then you might want to question why that's even necessary. Why not go to his house, or yours, for that matter?He meets you at a no-tell motel.
- 14He stays for three hours, no longer, and he always leaves in the wee hours of the morning. It's almost like he needs to be back home at a certain time...like he has someone waiting for him…hmm.He never spends the night with you.
- 15He meets you only when he can fit you into his schedule; you are always the one who has to shift priorities so that you can see him.Meetings are always on his schedule.
- 16Whenever you try and find out where your relationship is going, he always changes the subject. If you have been together for a while, then it means that he is either afraid of commitment or he is committed to someone else and is unwilling to leave them for you.He deflects any conversations about the future.
- 17We're forever losing our earrings in places, so if you find an earring or piece of one that doesn't belong to you in his car, then some other woman has been riding with him, quite possibly his wife. True, he could have given a ride to a female coworker or friend, but taken together with any of the other signs, it's probably his wife's earring.You find a piece of an earring that isn't yours on the floor of his car or in the seat cushions.
- 18You can't count the times that he has cancelled plans to spend time with you just the day before or on the day of your date. And his excuses are lame. Sorry, honey, the story about how the car had a flat tire only works once.He's always canceling dates with you on short notice.
- 19You only ever see him for a couple of hours after or before work, or after midnight. Sure, some guys have weird schedules, but, if he only ever sees you during these times it's a problem.He sees you only during specific hours.
- 20I'm not talking about the occasional dinner here and there, this is a pattern. We live in an electronic society, and unless he's some kind of survivalist or privacy nut, paying for everything with cash means he wants to to avoid leaving a trail that someone else, such as a wife at home who does the bills, can trace.Or he could be a criminal on the run. Either way, you don't want to be with this guy.He pays for everything in cash.
- 21He never asks you to accompany him to the company dinner or any other special event where he can take a companion. That's because someone else is his plus-one: his wife.You're never his plus-one.
- 22While it's true that not everyone is comfortable with showing affection in public, most guys will at least hold your hand or put their arms around your shoulders. If he refuses to touch you in public and looks around nervously at who might be watching him when you're together, something is up.He eschews all PDA.
- 23Sure, the businessman or sailor with women in every city or port is a stereotype, but stereotypes exist because there is a kernel of truth in them. The fact that he travels a lot on its own is not evidence that he has a wife back home, but taken together with any of the other signs, it's a good indicator that perhaps you're the other woman.He travels for work.
Categories : Relationships