Signs He Is No Longer Interested
Edited by Kathy McGraw
Ladies, I am going to be totally honest with you: if you are wondering whether or not a guy is still into you, then he probably isn't. Why? Because guys are not that complicated; when it comes to women and dating, they're pretty much an open book about what they want and who they want to do it with. If he is giving you signs that it just isn't happening for him, even if he showed interest in you before, then it's time to move on to someone else who will treat you like the special lady you are.
Look, I have been there: I've been in situations with men where I was so sure they were as into me as I was into them. But then something changes in their life and the spark totally fizzles for them, if it ever was there in the first place. It hurts, there's no doubt about it. However, you are better off knowing where you stand now than after investing months in pursuing a guy who will never feel for you the kind of love and attraction that two people in a healthy relationship should feel for each other. If you can relate to more than two of the any of the signs below, then he is just not interested in you anymore.
- 1He never texts or calls you. When a guy is really interested in a girl, he is going to pursue her like crazy. He'll be blowing up your phone with texts, at least, just to stay in contact with you. If you're always the one initiating the contact, then beware: he doesn't care whether he talks to you or not.Advertisement
- 2He doesn't remember anything you tell him. Think about your conversations with him. When he speaks to you, don't you hang on his every word? Don't you remember the details of your conversations? I am pretty sure that your answer is yes. Now, think back again and ask yourself: was there a time when it seemed like he felt the same, but recently he doesn't even remember your favorite drink? If so, he has no real interest in what you have to say and doesn't care about you one way or another.Advertisement
- 3He treats you no differently than he treats anyone else. When a man is interested in a woman, he acts differently around her. For instance, if he normally swears a lot, he may clean up his language in front of you or he may get a little flustered in your company. If, on the other hand, his language is just as blue with you as it is with his best buds or he is as relaxed with you as he is with everyone else, then, yup, you've been friendzoned.
- 4He never asks any questions. He never asks you how your day was, about your hobbies, or about where you grew up. He doesn't show any interest in you as a person, and that means that he's just plain not interested.
- 5He doesn't accept your friend requests on social media. You sent him a friend request on Facebook a few days ago and he hasn't accepted it yet. You know he's been online because you've seen his updates. Hey, if a guy won't even accept your online overtures, he isn't going to accept them on a personal level, either.
- 6He never touches you. If he never wraps an arm around your shoulder or even gives your hand a squeeze, he's telling you that he has no interest in getting closer to you.
- 7He doesn't like it when you touch him. If he pulls his hand away when you reach for it or shies away from you when you try and hug him, the man can't be more clear about his lack of interest.
- 8You're constantly pursuing him. When a guy likes a girl, he goes after her. He calls her, texts her, and tries to be around her every chance he can get. When you are the one who is always doing the chasing, he could care less about you.
- 9He takes longer than 24 hours to respond to your texts. Sure, guys can be busy and might take a while to get back to you, but if he cares about you, he will respond as soon as he is able to, or at least find some way to get in contact with you if he can't text you himself.
- 10He talks to you openly about other girls that he likes. Oh, boy, this is the ultimate friendzone moment: when he talks to you about some other girl that he likes as if you're just one of the boys. Yeah. Ouch.
- 11He's always busy. There's busy, and then there's busy. If he is always too busy to make time for you, then you are not a priority for him. If he were interested in you, he would make time for you.
- 12He's only available late at night. If he only has time for you late at night, then he either wants one thing from you or he's bored.
- 13Never takes you on a real date. You've spent time at his place or yours watching Netflix and sharing a pizza, but he's never asked you out to dinner and a movie, or even a picnic in the park. You're someone to hang out with when he has some downtime, nothing more.
- 14He doesn't want to meet your friends and family or introduce you to his. If he were interested in being your boyfriend, he would want to integrate you into his life and be integrated into yours. This means meeting friends and family, you know, actually becoming part of your life.
- 15He never interacts with you on social media. So, there's a line between being someone's fan and being their friend or more. If you are sending him messages or mentioning him in posts, but he's not reciprocating, then you've become his fan.
- 16He flirts with other women in front of you. Sure, guys are going to check out other girls, but if he actively flirts with other girls in front of you, then I'm afraid you're solidly in the friendzone.
- 17He has no excuses for not spending time with you. If you ask him if he wants to do something with you and he refuses without giving you a reason, or just comes out and says that he doesn't want to, then you know that he doesn't care if he spends time with you or not.
- 18His feet are pointing away from you. Studies of human body language have shown that when a man is interested in a woman, his feet will face toward her. The same is true for his body. If either is turned away from you, then his mind and heart are elsewhere.
- 19He doesn't make eye contact. He looks everywhere but into your eyes. While this can happen with shy guys, as well, if he totally avoids looking at you or just seems preoccupied and wanting to be through with the conversation, then you know where you stand with him, which is nowhere.
- 20He plays with his phone when he is with you. If you are sitting with hm and he is constantly looking at his phone's screen instead of at you, then he is showing you that he is not really listening to you and couldn't care less that you're in the room at all.
- 21If he never makes plans in advance. Whenever you see each other, it's usually a last minute thing. It's never anything he has planned for, it's more of an afterthought.
- 22No PDA. When a guy is interested in you, he's all over you. He's got his arm around your shoulders and he's looking for any way to make physical contact. If not, then he isn't attracted, period.
- 23He blows hot and cold. While it can be confusing when you get mixed signals from a guy, what you can be certain of is that he is at least ambivalent about having a relationship with you, which really means he isn't all that interested after all.
- 24He's vague about your relationship. He may say that he doesn't like labels, but come on, let's call a spade a spade. If he can't call you his girlfriend, or at least someone special, then he can't be too hot for you, can he?
- 25You made a move and he hasn't responded. It can't get any clearer than this: if you have tried to progress the relationship, but he hasn't followed through, then you know that he is not interested in pursuing anything with you.
- 26He goes days without contacting you. When days go by and he hasn't called, texted, or even sent you an email, you know that he doesn't care if he talks to you or not. You're not important in his life.
- 27He doesn't care whether he sees you or not. If you go long stretches of time without seeing each other and he doesn't try and make plans to see you, then you know it's not a big deal to him if you are out of the picture.
- 28If he calls you bro, man, dude, etc. If he calls you by any masculine sounding appellations like this, then to him, you are one of the guys.
- 29You pay for everything. It's one thing to pay for him occasionally, but if he never makes the effort to at least cover his own expenses, then not only does he not care about you, he is using you!
- 30He doesn't seem to enjoy your time together. He frowns when he is around you and seems out of it. He answers your questions with monosyllabic responses. He doesn't want to be around you.
- 31He does the opposite of what you are doing. When two people are attracted to each other, they start to mirror each other. If he is consistently doing something else while you are together, and ostensibly doing something with each other, then he's showing his lack of connection with you.
- 32He doesn't flirt or tease. I'm not talking about a shy guy who may not tease or flirt because he's bad at at it or at least not used to it, I am talking about a guy that you know can flirt with the best of them, but just doesn't do it with you.
- 33He isn't excited and happy for you when you share good news or do something amazing. You've had some amazing news, but when you share it with him, he simply tells you "good for you" out of politeness. This shows that he is not invested in you and as much about you and your accomplishments as he would any acquaintance of his.
- 34He doesn't notice when you wear sexy clothes or change your perfume. If he doesn't notice that you're wearing a that new little black dress that shows off your legs, or that you smell divine, then he is showing a definite lack of interest.
- 35He never gives you gifts. When guys are smitten with a girl, they will do anything to show her that they're into her, and one way is by giving little gifts. If he doesn't even bring you a rose once in a while, then he isn't pursuing a relationship with you.
- 36He avoids you. If he leaves the room consistently when you enter it, then he is actively trying to stay away from you, which is not something that someone who wants to be in relationship with you would do.
- 37He doesn't call you unless its business or work related. If you work with him, but he only contacts you about work-related stuff, then he is telling you that he has no interest in getting to know you personally.
Categories : Relationships