Setup OK Google to Search by Voice on Any HTC One M8 Screen
Edited by Thor, Gordon, Eng
Hello, and welcome to VisiHow. This is a tutorial on how to set up OK Google to start a voice search from any screen on an HTC One M8.
- 8If this option is turned off, we will not be able to access the "From any screen" option. The circle next to "From the Google app" should be blue. We will set up OK Google to start a voice search from any screen. What this means is that, from any screen, if we say the words, "OK Google", it will automatically open a voice search in the Google Search application.Ensure the "From the Google app" option is turned on.
- 9This setting will set OK Google to respond to your voice. It works when the screen is on or the device is charging. This will start the setup process for voice search on any screen. To use the function, say, "OK Google" to search, even when your device is locked or while using your favorite app.Tap the switch icon next to "From any screen" to turn the option on.
- 11Once this is complete, we will receive a notification that the process is complete. The notification will tell us that the app will recognize our voice when we say "OK Google", and will respond to "OK Google" whenever the screen is on or the device is charging. Search queries will be tied to our Google Account. We can view and delete them in our Account History. We can change these settings at any time in the Google Search application.Say, "OK Google" three times to calibrate the app to the sound of our voice.
- 13Speak the words we would like to search for, and pause. The search will be initiated. In this example, we use "England rugby team". The search results will appear.Now that the setup is complete, we can say "OK Google" to the screen in a nice clear voice, and the phone will open up a voice search screen.
- 14If you have any questions or comments about this video, please post them in the comments section below. Thank you for watching VisiHow.This concludes the tutorial on how to set up OK Google to start a voice search from any screen on an HTC One M8.
Video: Setup OK Google to Search by Voice on Any HTC One M8 Screen
If you have problems with any of the steps in this article, please ask a question for more help, or post in the comments section below.
Categories : HTC
Recent edits by: Gordon, Thor