Set Up Xbox One Smartglass
Edited by Batkingnz, Eng, Lynn, Nuance
Xbox One SmartGlass is an application for the Xbox One and your compatible devices. It allows you to use Windows 8, Windows Phone 8, iOS and Android devices to control and interact with your Xbox One console.
Uses for Xbox One SmartGlass
You can use Xbox One SmartGlass to:
- 1Control the home screens of the Xbox One, as well as certain applications.
- 2Use your compatible devices as a virtual mouse and keyboard for some applications on the Xbox One.
- 3Use your compatible devices as a media controller for apps such as Hulu and Netflix.
- 4SmartGlass will also work as a remote control for your set top box if you have connected it to your Xbox One.
- 5Browse the web using your compatible device and Internet Explorer on the Xbox One.
- 6Use your compatible device to launch in game companion apps for select games and apps.
What You Will Need
So, is SmartGlass is already installed on your Xbox One, but you want to start using it with your compatible device? This is what you will need to get stated:
- 1One of the following will work with SmartGlass.A Device.
- A Windows 8 compatible device such as a PC, Windows 8 Tablet or Windows RT Tablet.
- A compatible Windows Phone 8 device such as your Nokia Lumia or Samsung ATIV phone.
- A compatible Android device. This should be a smartphone, 7-inch or larger Tablet and it needs to be running Android version 4.0 or higher.
- An Apple iOS device. If you're using an iPod Touch, it should be 4th or 5th generation. Any iPad Mini will work, along with the iPad 2, 3 and 4. For iPhones you need to be using a 3 GS or later device.
- 2Your compatible devices will need a connection to the internet, preferably a fast WiFi connection for an optimal experience.
- 3Finally, you will of course need an Xbox One, connected to Xbox Live.
Installing the Software on Your Device
The installation is simple and painless.
- 1Follow the on screen prompts and accept any permissions the application needs to run.Go to the appropriate link below for your respective device to begin installing the application.
Using SmartGlass With Your Xbox One
SmartGlass offers advanced interactivity features for many games and apps across the Xbox One. The experience will change depending on the game or app, but there's a quick and easy way to see which ones offer additional SmartGlass support.
- 1Look at the tile (icon) for the selected game or app.
- 2SmartGlass compatibility is shown with a SmartGlass logo on the bottom right of the tile.
- 3Check out this Youtube video from Viso games for a demonstration of some official Smartglass features.
Tips, Tricks & Warnings
- 1That goes for your compatible device, as well as the Xbox One.SmartGlass works best with a fast network connection.
- 2Contact Microsoft for availability and release schedules.SmartGlass and the Xbox One may not be available in all regions.
- 3Be sure to experiment with the app anytime that you see the SmartGlass logo.SmartGlass works differently for every app and game.
Categories : XBOX
Recent edits by: Lynn, Eng, Batkingnz