Set Up Parental Control on Android
Edited by Jellysuky, Dougie, Maria Quinney
Do you want to control the time your children spend on the Android tablet? Do you want to block some certain apps from running on your Android smartphones? Or do you want to track what they do with their Android smartphones? Restrict a user account to block access to apps, games and features which might be inappropriate for your children.
Enable parental controls for Android tablets
- 1Open Settings icon.Advertisement
- 2Scroll down the Settings page until you find Users, tap on it. Then click General tab at the top of the screen first (Example: Samsung's tablet).Advertisement
- 3Add a new profile by tapping on the small icon of a person next to the magnifying glass in the top-right corner. As we're setting this up as a child's account, touch restricted profile.
- 4Set up a PIN or passcode for your user account.
- 5You will now see a list of all the apps currently installed on your tablet. Scroll down this list, adding a tick next to each app you want to block access to. When ticked, the app is allowed.
Enable Parental Control on Android by Restricting In-App Purchases
- 1Open the Play Store.Advertisement
- 2Touch the menu button in the top-left corner of the Play Store (next to the search box).
- 3From the menu which appears, press Settings.
- 4Find the User controls heading and tap on Require authentication for purchases.
Enable Parental Control on Android with Android Tracking
Enable Parental Control on Android with Content Filtering
- 6Tap on each one you'd like to restrict and choose an age rating. Press the Home button when you're finished configuring.
There is no user reviews.