Set Kids Mode Parental Controls on Samsung Galaxy S5
Edited by Leomar Umpad, Daniel, kaykay, Dougie and 14 others
- 1 Reset PIN Code if Locked Out
- 2 Kids Mode PIN Code Recovery Steps for the Galaxy S5
- 3 Turn ON Kids Mode and Parental Control on the Galaxy S5
- 4 Turn OFF Kids Mode and Parental Control on the Galaxy S5
- 5 Tips and Tricks
- 6 Questions and Answers regarding Kids Mode for the Galaxy S5
- 7 Comments
Reset PIN Code if Locked Out
Hi, you are watching VisiHow and today we are going to show you how to reset the pin code on kids' mode if you have locked yourself out and you are not able get back into your phone. It is actually much simpler than you think it may be. What you need to do is hold the power button, which is the one here, on the right, for a second or two until the power off or restart options appear. They're both really the same. We are going to use restart, which is the third option, or you can use power off, which is the first option. If you power it off, you will need to turn the phone back on. If you just press restart, the phone will restart itself.
- 9We don't need to worry about setting up a kid's profile. In fact, sometimes if you tried to set up a kid's profile it will cause the application to stop working. See, "unfortunately Parental control has stopped". It is not an issue as we have accomplished what we needed to do which was getting our phone out of kids' mode.Okay there we go now we have reset everything.
- 20That is it folks. It is that easy to reset your password when you are locked out of your phone because you set up kids' mode. Thanks for using VisiHow have a great day. We look forward to helping you out more with another video in the future.We can just tap the back button, and back again, which gets us back into the kids' mode.
Video: Set Kids Mode Parental Controls on Samsung Galaxy S5
Kids Mode PIN Code Recovery Steps for the Galaxy S5
Locking yourself in Kids Mode is more frustrating than your kids getting the phone.
Kids Mode is great, but if you forget the PIN, you're stuck in Kids Mode, unless you can reset it. These steps will tell you how to reset the phone when you're stuck in Kids Mode and forgot the PIN.
- 1Power off your device.
- 2This will power on your device.Press and hold the 'Power' or 'Lock' button for about two seconds.
- 3Once the 'Samsung' logo appears, press the 'Volume Down' key, and hold it, until you see the Kids Mode lock screen.
- 4When you see the lock screen, you should also see 'Safe Mode' in the lower left of your screen.
- 5Swipe your screen from as you normally would to unlock the device.
- 6Select 'TouchWiz', which will reset your password.
- 7Note that in some cases you may need to remove your battery, and then reinsert it. After that, you will need to press and hold the 'Power' or 'Lock' button, as described in step two to restart.Restart your phone.
- If you aren't able to reset your password from Safe Mode using Parental Controls, you can restart your device normally after restarting in Safe Mode and turning off Kids Mode, and then use Parental Controls to reset it.
Turn ON Kids Mode and Parental Control on the Galaxy S5
Make sure you know how to use Parental Controls before activating Kids Mode.
To learn how to set Parental Controls on Samsung Galaxy S5, follow the detailed steps below:
- You can press the Home key (lower-middle hard key) on your phone to get to the Home screen, or in some cases, you can also press the Back key (lower-right shift key) repeatedly until you are taken to the Home screen.
- If Kids Mode is not installed, you will have to install it by pressing and holding any empty place on your Home screen, which will bring up the 'Widgets' or 'Apps' menu. From there you can scroll down to Kids Mode and add it to your device.
- Kids Profile - allows you to view and edit the profile page of your child. You can edit your child's name, profile picture, and birthday.
- Activity - allows you to view the activity summary of Kids Mode. Tapping on this option will allow you to see the most frequently used applications, and the total hours they have used Kids Mode.
- Daily playtime limit - allows you to set a certain number of hours for your child to play with your device. Kids Mode will remind them of the remaining hours and minutes from time to time. Upon reaching the daily limit, Kids Mode will go to sleep mode, and will display a sleeping crocodile.
- Applications - allows you to add or remove applications on Kids Mode.
- Media - allows you to add or remove music files, video files, and other media files from Kids Mode.
- General - allows you to Block the Back key when on Kids Mode, change the application's PIN, Reset Kids Mode, and check for application updates.
- Kids Store - allows you to download and install applications specific to Kids Mode. There are a number of applications on the Kids Store. Some are free, while others require purchase. Exercise diligence and caution when downloading applications for your children. Make it a habit to check the application by playing with it for a while to make sure there are no inappropriate contents. This is especially true of applications that have in app ads.
- Applications installed from the Kids Store will not appear in the normal applications folder. You need to go to Kids Mode to be able to use them.
Turn OFF Kids Mode and Parental Control on the Galaxy S5
Kids Mode changes the way you interact with your device, and disables some buttons.
Once Kids mode is activated, you cannot go to the phone's normal Home screen by pressing the Home key. You also can't go Home by pressing the Back key. Kids Mode must be turned off in order to get out of the application. To turn off Kids Mode, follow these steps:
Tips and Tricks
This article is part of the VisiHow series of tips and tricks on how to use the Samsung Galaxy S5.
Kids Mode gives you more control over your Samsung Galaxy S5 when your kids use it. Whether they are little, and you don't want them calling other countries, or they're a little older, but you want to limit their access to the device, or the applications they use, you'll love Parental Controls. You can change your child's profile, set daily playtime limits so your child won't spend excess time on the phone, add and remove applications or media files from Kids mode, and download and install child-friendly applications from the Google Play Store for Kids (accessible while in Kids Mode).
You may also want to learn about how to install and use Kids Mode on the Samsung Galaxy S5, or make an emergency call while in Kids Mode. Just click on either of those links to be taken to a detailed VisiHow guide with steps and instructions.
Questions and Answers regarding Kids Mode for the Galaxy S5
I am stuck and have never set this up and can't get out?
Please help, how can I get out of this program
Locking yourself in Kids Mode can be very frustrating. Thankfully, it is relatively easy to get out of it. You can just use Safe Mode, and bypass the Kids Mode password lock. Please reference the beginning of this VisiHow guide for detailed step by step instructions on disabling Kids Mode when your device is PIN locked.
See more questions like this: How to deactivate kids mode on Galaxy 3 tab, I have done as instructed by the site now how do I revert back to normal mode? It seems not to change away from the safe mode because I can't find some of my applications on my phone again. Please help resolve
How do I add audio files (music, story) on extSdCard in Kids Mode?
In Kids Mode I'd like to add audio files - audio stories - I have on the extSdCard. In Parental control - Media - +, I can see the video files on the card, but not the audio ones. However I can access them fine outside of kids Mode. There is "Albums" on the top left of my media screen (cancel is on top right) but tapping on Albums doesn't open anything. I'm wondering if I need to install some sort of music player app and then put the stories/songs in there.
VisiHow QnA. This section is not written yet. Want to join in? Click EDIT to write this answer.