Sell Your Own Beats
Edited by Graciela Franchesca Rosario, Eng, Lynn, Nuance
Selling your beats can be worthwhile while you indulge your continued interest in making music. There are several ways to sell beats, and websites are available specifically set up to can sell them.
About Selling Your Beats
In modern pop music, a beat is described as a piece of composed music. As a musician, it's important to educate yourself on the sales and marketing of beats. Working in the music business can be profitable, and there are ways for you to sell electronic music. These include selling beats by contacting artists directly or using a website to sell your beats online.
Suggestions for Selling Your Beats
- 1The best and largest website for you to use to sell beats online is Soundclick. Producers and artists create an account and display their sample beats and then sell them. You can be successful using Soundclick marketing when you share your beats on social media such as Twitter, Pinterest, Facebook fan pages, etc. And you can also e-mail people who are interested and set up a website offering details of your beats and link it to your Soundclick profile.Advertisement
- 2Handle copyright issues. The samples you use to create your music must be royalty free. This applies to the content (vocals, melodies, sounds, etc.) that you take from TV shows, movies, and other songs.Advertisement
- 3Use videos to introduce your beats. YouTube can help you sell beats. You publish the beats and YouTube will bring you exposure. You'll get subscribers and views. Like YouTube Music Maker, Ronald Jenkees, he has 95,000 to 3 million video views and 77,429 subscribers. One camera that is ideal for making online videos is the Kodak Zi6 Pocket HD Camcorder, and it costs less $200.
- 4Socialize in forums. In the forums, you can share tips on how to make music, answer people's question, create great music, and give good feedback. Participating in forums will let you keep updated with new techniques, what's going on music, and feedback on your music. Forums that you may participate with are:
- 5You may also use MySpace to let people listen to your music.
- Post on MySpace bulletin once a week when you produce new music.
- Do not post more than10 bulletins a day, because it will look spammy.
- 6Give away samples of your beats.
- 7Post two to three beats in a forum.
- This will bring people to visit your website and possibly purchase high quality beats.
- Also you may include a rapper or DJ mentioning your name and MySpace address. Giving out free samples will get your name out there and attract paying customers.
- 8Place beats online everywhere. You may put them on MySpace and Roc Battles. In Roc Battles, you can upload beats, set your own price, and set it to either sell or lease. The website also offers an affiliate program, in which people can promote your beats and get their small percentage of the sale. Make sure that when someone wants to hear the beats, they are available to hear.
- 9Participate in online beat battles. Roc Battles has a section where artists and producers can display their talents. When you win, you get points, and the higher the points, the more exposure you get to the producers' charts.
- 10Show your music to people like rappers, managers, singers, engineers, musicians, song writers, and everyone. While you are networking, you must have the important details covered. Business cards including your name, email address, current phone number, and personalized web address are a must. You must make the beat the best of its kind because when you publish it on a social site, you are exposing it to buyers and many competitors as well.
- 11Upload your beats on YouTube. You may also insert on your beats some vocals mentioning your brand.
- 12Upload your beats on YouTube. You may also insert on your beats some vocals mentioning your brand.
- 13You may also list your beats on BeatStars.com and BeatBrokerz.com. They have varied commission fees and presentations. So visit as many music websites as you can.
- 14Track the progress of your sales. A website to help you with that is GetClicky. It is a tracking tool that you may place it on your MySpace page, or your website, and you can view where your traffic is coming from. And you can investigate which works and which does not work.
- 15Choose between exclusive and lease. Two methods to sell them is through exclusive and lease. Exclusive is to sell your beat once to an individual for a premium price. And lease is to loan your beat to the music artists as many times as you want for a low price each time. In the industry of selling beats online, leasing beats is more effective than selling it using exclusively, because it is more possible for a buyer to purchase a beat for $20 than $200, and using lease will allow you to sell the beat for many times, like 10 or more.
Create Your Own Website
Create a website. It's a wonderful place where to showcase your music. The wonderful thing about having your own website is that you have control over your website and there are no commission fees.
- 1One of the easiest and best building platforms is WordPress.
- 2Make your beats available on your web site.
- 3Include an online payment processor like PayPal and an online shopping cart.
- Now create a brand for your music. This will help people identify you.
- 4Put a web address in your forum signature, email signature, and on blogs when you place a comment in the URL section.
- Your skill in producing hot tracks will be your score when you publish it for sale. Be patient because sales may not come soon. And try to create remixes with artists' vocals. Some people don't see the quality of the beat until they hear the vocals on it.
- Create the right beat. The better the sounds of your beats are, the more that they will be in demand. You must properly master sounds and mix tracks correctly. You may purchase samples and sound kits on MasterProducers.com .
Questions and Answers
How to lease and sale composed beats?
You can rent or lease a beat by contacting the composer or owner of the site. You can usually view this information by searching the song in order to get the composers information in regards to rent/lease the beat.
Categories : Music
Recent edits by: Lynn, Eng, Graciela Franchesca Rosario