Select Movies to Watch on a Movie Night
Edited by Angelique Siapian, Ronald Disney Magat, mahalia jovita b. bugasto, Doug Collins and 1 other
Bonding with someone, may it be your friends, family or special friend is way more awesome than bonding by yourself. I mean, get real, what are you going to do on a dull night? Of course reading is an option but come on! You don't really want to be labeled as a Socially phobic person, right? Another option is to watch a movie, but watching alone? Where's the fun in that? Go grab your neighbor or whomever you want to spend time sharing popcorn with and let's pick the best movies on your movie night.
Consider these factors
- 1Women love Romance, Men love Action. It's not passé, it's a fact. It's not stereotyping, it's a fact. Need I say more? To be perfectly honest, this is the major problem in finding out what to watch. Did you ever experience going out on a movie date with your girlfriend/boyfriend and then you found yourselves fighting over what to watch. FRUSTRATING! The sad part? You end up apart. True story. Kidding aside, the first thing you have to face is to consider the genders of the ones your joining a movie with.Gender.
- 2"Oh, my baby brother can't watch this! It's too obscene!" said the adult that is you. Consider the age of your company. If it's an adult then by all means watch "Saw", "The hills have eyes", or any brutally gory movies you can imagine. If there's a child with you, think again. Don't scar the poor child's mind for the rest of his/her nights. Try watching Disney movies. Humor the child, you've been a child once.Age.
- 3How are you related to your company? Is she your mother or girlfriend? Is he your brother or you boyfriend? Because naming your relationship is also a consideration with regards to choosing the right movies. You might want to try "Freaky Friday" for your mom-daughter bonding or "Big Daddy" for your dad-son bonding. If it's with your boyfriend or girlfriend, choose a romantic movie or take advantage of horror movies (much recommended for guys out there) to have a reason to cuddle. See me wink? ;)Relationship.
- 4When someone say "night" we still wonder what time of the day is "night" anyway aside from it being dark. Night may refer to late in the evening or early in the morning. So also consider the time. If you're going to watch "The Shining" at 1 in the morning, you might want to reconsider. The timing is also good to set the mood. It's up to you if you really want to watch creepy movies at 1 in the morning.Time of the Day.
- 5Let's face it, watching foreign movies is kind of cool but sometimes there are some expressions or traditions that you are not familiar with, thus making the story a little blur. If you don't want to read subtitles because instead of focusing in the good parts of the movie you are focusing on reading the subtitles, you might want to pick a movie that has the same language as you are using.Language.
Steps on how to pick the right movies
- 1Don't assume. Sometimes the trouble starts when you don't ask. Be nice and start asking if they already have a movie in mind to watch. Jot it down until you have a list of good movies.ASK.
- 2Since you already have the list of good movies (assuming you have copies of that movies), it's time to compromise. Let them know the movies you really want to watch have like a voting contest. The least voted movies should be debunked.COMPROMISE.
- 3Right now you have the best movies of you and your company's choice. What movie has the greatest votes? That movie has to be the first one you're going to watch with them so that everything's fair.MAJORITY WINS.
What are the choices anyway? (list of genres to choose)
- 1This kind of genre involves a lot of physical action. It revolves around fist fighting, gun fighting, chases, explosions and the likes. The protagonist of the story usually has to prove something and will go to great lengths to achieve it. Examples are The Matrix, Commando, Die Hard and Mission Impossible.Action.