Save Files in Adobe Illustrator CS6
Edited by Freya, VisiHow, Eng
You're watching VisiHow. In this tutorial, we're going to show you how to save files in Adobe Illustrator CS6 in Windows 7.
- 12Then you can click one of the file formats below.Click the "Save as type" drop-down menu.
- "Adobe Illustrator (*.AI)" to save as the format that allows you to save multiple artboards and to open the document in other versions of Illustrator.
- "Illustrator EPS (*.EPS)" is best for saving combined vector and bitmap images, as well as multiple artboards.
- "SVG (*.SVG)" and "SVG Compressed (*.SVGZ)" are best for saving high-resolution vector images for web. The compressed version reduces file size by 50-80 %, but you may be limited with where you can open the file later.
- "Adobe PDF (*.PDF)" is a reader version, which is good for when you need to show your document to others who don't have Adobe Illustrator installed.
- "Adobe FXG (*.FXG)".
This concludes our tutorial on how to save files in Adobe Illustrator CS6 in Windows 7. If you have any questions or queries regarding this tutorial, just add them to the comment section below. Thank you for choosing VisiHow!
Video: Save Files in Adobe Illustrator CS6
Categories : Software
Recent edits by: VisiHow, Freya