Salt And Pepper Ribs
Edited by Seighart, Eng, Alma, Rebecca M. and 2 others
Asian cuisine has gained popularity all over the world in recent years. You will find numerous styles of Asian restaurants in almost every city and town. There are many things that set this particular cuisine apart from other ethnic foods, but one of the main things that make it an original is the taste. The unique blends of herbs and spices that are used in Asian cooking creates a combination of flavors that is unparalleled.
Another reason that eating Asian food is such a profound experience is that many Asian cultures hold to a firm belief that the preparation is not just a craft, it is an art form. This is very apparent in the presentation of a plate of carefully arranged Sushi or in the precise placement of a certain food item on the plate. In some cases the placement of the food on the plate can actually tell a story.
Salt and pepper ribs are a wonderful example of Asian cuisine, where the dining experience encompasses all of the senses. You are treated not only to the wonderful taste of the dish that you are serving, but also the pleasing appearance and wonderful aroma. This is not a difficult dish to prepare, so if you're new to cooking, this is the perfect place to begin.
- Oil for deep frying
- 10-12 ribs trimmed of all fat and gristle
Spicy Salt and Pepper
- 11 tablespoon saltAdvertisement
- 22 tablespoons Sichuan pepper cornsAdvertisement
- 31 tablespoon five spice powder
- 4500 ml water
- 11/2 teaspoon garlic finely chopped
- 21 tablespoon caster sugar
- 31 tablespoon light soy sauce
- 41 tablespoon dark soy sauce
- 52 tablespoon rice wine
- 61/2 teaspoon chili sauce
- 71 1/2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 81 tablespoon cornstarch
- 91/2 teaspoon meat tenderizer
- 101/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 111 egg
- 13/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 23/4 cup cornstarch
- 1Prepare all the ingredients and place them in the miss en place bowls for easier and faster preparing/cooking.
Note: Photos above are just sample brands of the ingredients. This does not mean that the same brands are needed in preparing this recipe. You can always change things according to your preferences.
The pictures are just sample photos on how to execute a certain procedure.
There is no user reviews.