Restore the Secondary/Alternative Language Keyboard on HTC
Edited by Eng, Neo Mann, Charmed
Have you ever faced a situation where you had a secondary language installed like Arabic, Chinese... etc., and you were able to switch between them and English Default Language, yet suddenly your keyboard only shows English language?
Well, first let me show you why that happens. As you can see from the photo next, there are two icons with similar naming, in which you might mix tapping on.
- 3So if you mistakenly tapped on this icon when you need to go to settings and even if you discover that you had mistakenly hit the wrong icon, and used the Back soft-key, the secondary keyboard will be reset to the default keyboard, as you can see from the photo next.
- 4To fix this, on any text input field like in message input field, long press on the input field for 1-2 seconds and release,
Tips Tricks & Warnings
- On any input field, long press the input field and tap on input method to see active keyboards, if you still can see the secondary language keyboard, then nothing is messed up. and that can be easily restored as per above instructions.
- No one is perfect, everyone of us might face similar situations, just remember to read every prompt you get before tapping on Next or OK.
- Although, above shows that you did not follow the wrong route, yet that happened. And if you are reading this, that means you are on the right track to fix the issue you are facing.
Categories : HTC
Recent edits by: Neo Mann, Eng