Restore accidentally deleted photos or files from your Mobile SD card
Edited by Eng, Charmed, Dougie, Grimm and 2 others
We depend on our smart mobiles more and more, and the more we depend on it, the more we face situations. Almost all of us have accidentally deleted folders full of wanted files or photos out of our mobile SD card. Doing so accidentally on our Laptop, we easily go to the trash pin, and restore them back, yet for mobile we don't have that feature, yet! So what to do if we did accidentally do that mistake of deleting files?
Things you need
- 1Your Mobile of course (Try to do that almost right after you have done the deletion to ensure that your deleted files or photos can be correctly restored).Advertisement
- 2Your USB cable (If you are on Android Mobile, simply detach the cable from your Standard charger),Advertisement
- 4http://www.partition-tool.com/download.htmA Recovery program, you may Google out those, or use the tool I will be demonstrating in this wiki:
How to achieve it
- 2You must have downloaded and installed the above program or any program similar, Now Run it.
- 6Click on "Next", you get to choose your media to look for lost files in, in this case you should choose your SD-card.
- 8Clicking "Next" will initiate the recovery process based on the options you choose, if all lost files is selected, you get to see all types of recoverable files, then you select which are those you need to recover, by ticking on the folder if you need all files within that folder to be recovered, or select individually.
- 9Next you select where to recover above selected files, I recommend recovering to a different place, like your Hard Disk, in a special newly created folder, like "Recovered files".
Tips Tricks & Warnings
- Always double check the confirmation pop-up when you are deleting files.
- The more time elapsed after deletion and commencing the recovery, the less it is possible to correctly recover deleted files.
- More time elapsed after deletion and commencing the recovery may also result in recovering distorted files, so check them.
- If "Deleted File Recovery" does not recover the files or photos you need, then as per above you need to try "Complete Recovery", which is a far more comprehensive recovery process.
Questions and Answers
SD card deleted and need to restore?
Hi I deleted all my files from a SD card. Is there a way that I can restore them using my Laptop?
Using the tips and suggestions provided in this guide, you will be able to recover deleted files from your SD card. While you might not be able to recover all of your deleted files, you should be able to recover most of them. The only exception is if you are attempting to recover files deleted a long time ago, in which case many of them may be overwritten.
Because of this, you will want to work to recover your files as soon as possible, before new data overwrites the old data, making it impossible to recover.
Categories : Tech
Recent edits by: sharky, Grimm, Dougie