Replace the Battery on Samsung Galaxy S3
Edited by Timbuktu, Eng, Maria Sharon Ubando, Florence I. Edim and 2 others
Some people, even those who are familiar with mobile phones, can still get confused about opening the housing or cover of the phone, and how to remove, replace or re-insert the battery. Many people may be concerned that they will damage their mobile if they press or try to open the mobile cover without any real idea what they're doing. Below are instructions for how to remove, re-insert or replace your battery.
The current battery for Samsung S3 is an under-powered one. Rumour has it that it will be coming out with an extended battery so we can enjoy our smartphones longer. There are already extended batteries available, but if you are still using the current battery that came with your purchase, check out some tips on how to enjoy longer battery life.
- 1 Instructions
- 2 Ways to Prolong Your Battery Life
- 3 Apps that Can Enhance Android Battery Life
- 4 Questions and Answers
- 5 Comments
- 3Now you should be able to remove the battery from the mobile.
- 4To put the battery back or put in a new battery, simply place the battery the way it was, line up the gold contacts of the battery to the gold contacts of your mobile, and then push the battery back into the mobile.
- 5Then slide back in the back cover.
Ways to Prolong Your Battery Life
Like with most Android smartphones, one of the biggest problems Samsung S3 users have is its short battery life. This is due to:
- Large screen display (5.3")
- LTE connection
For active users, charging it all the time is no fun. Here are a few tweaks you can use to prolong the life of your battery.
- 1Turn off certain turned on features until you need them, like Bluetooth, GPS and WiFi.Advertisement
- 2Turn it on only when you need it.Turn off the LTE.
- 3This can also take up a lot of your battery life.Check if your NFC and S-beam is turned on.
- 4Animated backgrounds also consume a great deal of battery power.Use an image for your screen that does not have much color.
- 5When the screen is on, even if you are not using it, the battery is still running. Adjust the timeout screen as low as you can (15-30 seconds maybe).Adjust your screen time out.
- 6The S3 luckily has this feature.Turn on Power Saving Mode.
- Go to the Settings tab.
- Look for the Power Saving option. You can find the option in between the Storage and Motion tabs.
Apps that Can Enhance Android Battery Life
- 1This can be downloaded from Google Play.Easy Battery Saver.
Questions and Answers
My son's S3 battery won't charge. I suspect it is charging port issue?
Has not been charging for few days and when I turned it on today, the battery life was 4%, plugged in the wall charger and looks like there was a charge sign for like 10 sec. Now battery is completely dead and phone won't turn on, even though the charger is plugged in. the port don't seem to be loose
It may or may not be a bad charging port. There are other reasons the phone might not be charging. Below, we've listed a couple.
- 1IF the battery charges, then you know it's the charger that's not working.Rule out your charger being the culprit by using another charger on your phone.
- 2Try and get another battery that will fit in your device so that you can check to see if the issue has more to do with your battery than your device.
- 3Always use the cable that comes with your device - as it's always the most reliable. If you no longer have that cable, buy the same make or a compatible cable.Often it's the cable.
If none of these issues are a problem, you will need to find a phone repair store to have your charging port checked.
I have put a new battery in my Samsung S3 and a red light came on for a second or two (as I have the charger plugged into the phone). I left it plugged in all night and I cannot turn the phone on!
Am I missing something? Battery is eb-l1g6lla 2100mah. I have tried: Just plugging it in all night. I think it was caused by: I do not know how to start up a new battery!
VisiHow QnA. This section is not written yet. Want to join in? Click EDIT to write this answer.