Remove Warts Using Home Remedies
Edited by Nerissa Avisado, Lynn, Alma, Eng and 1 other
You don't have to live with unsightly warts on the skin. Moreover, know that these seemingly innocent HPV (human papillomavirus) can do you more harm than good. Though 60-70 percent of warts are actually harmless and will eventually go away even without treatment, know that more than 70 percent of cervical cancer is caused by HPV growing on the female genitals. The body's immune system can knock out the virus the same way it gets rid of common colds. If you like to help your system to accelerate the process a bit, why not find out about natural ways and home remedies for safe wart removal?
What's up with Warts
A wart is typically a small, benign skin growth or tumor that grows on a person's hand or feet. It is caused by a strain of virus called the HPV or human papillomavirus. The virus stimulates keratin, a hard protein layer found on the skin, to be produced at an unusually fast rate. There are myriad known types of HPV and about 30 can cause warts to grow in the genital area.
They may manifest different physical appearances, depending on which part of the body it is growing on and how thick the skin is. For instance, it may look flat and smooth, but there are warts that can also appear like a bump with a rough texture. There are blood vessels that supply it with oxygen and nutrients. Severe cases of warts can cause the deformation of skin lines and creases. A wart that grows on the sole of the foot is referred to as a verruca.
Warts are infectious, meaning that they can be transmitted from one person to another, either through direct contact or indirectly by sharing personal stuff like towels. The virus enters the skin or epidermis through cuts or openings.
The Different Types of Warts
Know the different types of warts that can cause unsightly growths. Not all are harmless and inconspicuous; some types can cause you discomforts and grow immensely in size. Among those that you need to be worried about are the genital warts. These are primarily transmitted through intimate sexual contact. Aside from genital warts, there are about five other major types.
- 1Verruca Vulgaris or Common Warts:
- 4Verrucas or Plantar Warts:
Natural and Safe Wart Removal Home Remedies
The growth of warts is a sign that the immune system is weak, which is why pregnant women and children make easy targets for HPV. Thus, battling warts entails prophylactic boosting of the immune system and using of botanicals to eradicate the virus and treat the wart. If the wart is not causing you undue pain or is not spreading, a strong immune system is enough to fight it off. Here are some home remedies to for safe wart removal that you can try:
- 1A strong immune system will help prevent, growth and spread of the HPV. Living a healthy lifestyle, eating a balanced diet, exercising, and sleeping well and getting plenty of rest are important in boosting the immune system.Bolster your immune system.
Medical Treatments for Warts
Consider seeing a doctor for wart treatment if the wart is causing you pain, is changing its appearance, bleeds easily, and is spreading quite fast to the other parts of your body. If you want the wart taken off for medical or cosmetic reasons, ask your doctor about safe procedures. Generally, one or a combination treatment may be recommended:
- 1Salicylic acid.
- 2This is a medical procedure that makes use of a very cold liquid, which is sprayed onto the wart, freezing and destroying the cells in the process. This is performed exclusively by healthcare professionals and may require the use of a local anesthetic. An OTC equivalent is sold in pharmacies (dimethyl-ether/propane spray); it should not be used on the face.Cryotherapy.
- 4This is a medical procedure in which the wart is burned using an electric current.Electrocautery.
- 6This is an invasive procedure that is resorted to only when all else has failed. This is generally performed under local or general anesthetic. Big warts are cut out while smaller warts may be removed using a curette.Invasive surgery.
- 8This is a derivative of vitamin A that can disrupt the growth of warts.Retinoids.
- 9Bleomycin (Blenoxane).
There are certain things to remember insofar as warts are concerned. First, you do not need to be pestered by them. Second, a healthy lifestyle and strong immune system are the best ways to prevent the growth of these skin outgrowths. Third, there are safe, inexpensive and natural ways to get rid of them. And fourth, you can also seek medical help if you want to accelerate the process and you have the budget.