Remove Chaton Spam from a Samsung Galaxy Phone
Edited by Doug Collins, Maria Quinney, Adrian Penaflor, Eng and 1 other
Do you get spam messages on your Samsung Galaxy phone saying, "I'm naked"; obviously from people you don't know? Maybe your wife asked you what the heck those messages are all about. Hopefully, she believed you when you told her it's spam, and you have no idea where it's coming from. Do away with this annoying problem today with the chatON app.
Many people have tried uninstalling the chatON app, but it comes installed in your Samsung phone, and you can't delete a built-in application. Also annoying is you cannot block unknown senders, only friends in your contact list. How useless is that? There are two options to get rid of these annoying text messages.
Method 1: Remove the ChatON Account From Your Samsung Phone
- 1Swipe down to slide down the status messages panel.Advertisement
- 2In the upper right, click on the "Settings" (gear icon).Advertisement
- 3Some Samsung versions have an "Accounts" tab icon in the top header.Scroll down to the section titled "Accounts".
- 4Click on the chatON account.You will find an account in that section called "chatON".
- 5This will remove the account from your phone but it does not actually delete your chatON account. You can easily add the account back at a later date, if you want to start using chatON again.On the bottom right, there is a button that says "Remove Account".
- 6Select "Remove Account" and BAM you will no longer receive any chatON messages :)
Method 2: Remove chatON Annoying Messages By Disabling Push Notifications
This method is less invasive. The account will still be on the phone, but the app will no longer be able to receive popup messages, alleviating the spam.
- 1Start the chatON app.Advertisement
- 2Click on this invisible button. Agreeably - this is not a very user-friendly interface. Every new version seems to be getting worse.There is an invisible button just to the left of your home button.
- 3A menu will appear with settings and options for the chatON app.
- 4Uncheck the "Push Notifications" option.
- 5Now you will not get any more of those annoying chatON spam messages.That's it!
If this wiki helped you, please pay it forward by writing a HowTo on something you know about :) Join us! We welcome new members.
Questions and Answers
Receiving unsolicited spam on chatON.
Seductive chats keep appearing on my Samsung S3.
In the application, bring up the message>>>select the number>>>select the option to block the number. If the problems persist then you can block the numbers as you receive spam from this free application.
Categories : Samsung Galaxy
Recent edits by: Eng, Adrian Penaflor, Maria Quinney