Reduce Your Stress and Anxiety Using Lavender Mist
Edited by Deepthi Gottumukkala, Eng, Lynn, Marian Raquel F. Roncesvalles and 2 others
In this technology-driven and fast-paced lifestyle, many people experience immense pressure on a day-to-day grind. Whether you are a student, entrepreneur, or an employee, the constant demands and expectations in any given arena can leave one tired and stressed-out at the end of the day. Every individual do experience stress, anxiety, and even some depressive mood swings at different points in their lives. It is essentially how you deal with all the stress that can make the difference. A person's level of anxiety and stress differ in its gravity and complexity. When you feel emotionally stressed or burnt out, this actually alerts your mind and body state that something is off key. Do you experience a huge amount of stress and anxiety in your daily life? If yes, do not worry! Lavender mist is exactly what you need for those low times. Just spray a couple of drops, inhale, and relax as you immediately sense your stress and worries drifting away from your mind and body. This provides your mental and bodily state a sense of balance and harmony which has been disturbed by countless external factors.
No essential oil can be as captivating and calming than lavender oil which is remarkable for its lingering fresh, fruity, and floral scent. Lavender mist or Thalictrum rochebruneanum, is a six- to eight-foot tall plant which blooms with gentle and fragrant lilac flowers. Its scientific name is "Lavender officinalis" or "Lavender angustifolia" which produces a transparent lavender oil color with a slight yellow tinge. This plant grows its best during mid-spring to late-spring and is . lavender oil which is extracted from these flowers or leaves are widely known for its numerous health benefits especially for aromatherapy uses. This is cited to be one of the top 10 aromatherapy oils in the world that has popular wide range of uses at an affordable price. In fact, lavender oil is regarded an absolute health, cosmetic, and even culinary necessity for every home due to its versatility, efficacy, and safety. This is regarded to be safe for general use by both adults and even young children. In fact, this can even be used by people who have highly sensitive skin and even pets love its soothing scent. Lavender is commonly used for aromatherapy in its therapeutic or pure oil form which can either be directly applied on the skin (topical use) or inhaled with the use of vaporizer or diffuser as lavender oil mist. Dilution is also not required for lavender oil usage. Also, lavender leaves or flowers can also be dried and used as an organic extract for dietary purposes or for tea preparation.
Top Benefits of Lavender Oil
- 1Remedy for Stress, Anxiety, and Depression.
- 2Treatment of Cuts, Burns, and Wounds.
- 3Promotes Relaxation and Sleep.
- 5Treatment of Dizziness and Headaches.
- 6Reduce Fatigue.
- 7Effective Insect Repellent and Insect Bite Treatment.
- 8Treat Dry or Chapped Lips and Skin.
- 9Boosts Flavor of Any Food or Drink.
Steps to Prepare Lavender Mist at Home:
- 11 part vodka
- 22 parts distilled water
- 31/2 part lavender essential oil
- 41 small and clean spray bottle
- 1Take a clean bottle of your choice.
- 2Add and mix all the ingredients into the bottle.
- 3The use of such will allow the lavender oil to completely mix with water.If you do not want to use vodka in your preparation, you can use plain clean water instead or epsom salts and even witch hazel.
- 4Once you are done with the adding, mixing, and shaking process, your fragrant lavender mix is ready to use!
- 5Shake well before each use.
Lavender Mist Uses:
- 1This can also be used for your furniture or an air freshener at any given space (at home or your workstation) to add a calming and welcoming note.Spray the mist on your pillow and bed sheets, and musty rooms if needed in order to generate a fresh atmosphere for inducing a relaxing sleep.