Reduce Wrinkles and Fine Lines Using Honey, Lemon, Nutmeg and Cinnamon Mask
Edited by Witz Taluban, Eng, Lynn, Jmgf and 21 others
The aging process cannot be completely prevented, but there are several ways you can slow it down. As you age, you will begin to notice fine lines and wrinkles popping up in different areas of your face that become more pronounced over time if they're not dealt with immediately. While there are several over-the-counter products that can prevent and reduce the appearance of wrinkles, you can avoid exposure to chemicals and save money by opting for natural prevention methods. Using a face mask made from ingredients you probably already have in your kitchen two or three times a week can help plump your skin, improve circulation and brighten the skin tone.
Wrinkles and fine lines are exacerbated by a number of external factors, but they're ultimately caused by the loss of collagen in the skin, which in turn, reduces the elasticity and volume of the skin. This collagen and elastin serve as a support system for the skin to help keep it smooth, strong, supple and resilient. However, when the skin fibers break, the skin will lose its strength and elasticity, and fine lines and wrinkles will then begin to form. Actions and repeated expressions like frowning, squinting and even laughing are some of the actions that can cause lines on the face.
Aging is a natural process that everyone will inevitably go through. Luckily, there are a number of prevention and delay methods that can be made to postpone this natural occurring process of wrinkle formation, and one of that makes use of the facial mask procedure.
- 1 Types of Wrinkles
- 2 Causes of Fine Lines & Wrinkles
- 3 Face Mask Recipe
- 4 Tips
- 5 Warnings
- 6 Questions and Answers
- 6.1 Does cinnamon, nutmeg and lemon on skin really work for wrinkle reduction?
- 6.2 Does honey and cinnamon prevent wrinkles?
- 6.3 Does nutmeg plump facial lines?
- 6.4 You just said lemon, and there is nothing to mix. What are the ingredients that I need to mix?
- 6.5 Have you any remedy for my problem?
- 6.6 I have ugly fine lines around the mouth and the skin is slack. Will this mask help tighten my skin as well? Thanks?
- 6.7 Tired face, no shine, and wrinkles around the eyes?
- 6.8 What should I do to my saggy face?
- 6.9 Will lemon and honey alone get rid of discoloration on the face like acne scars that are brownish and reddish color? How long will it take to diminish them if applied routinely?
- 6.10 I have questions about glycolic acid, and cinnamaldehyde?
- 6.11 I am a 20 years old guy, but very conscious of my skin?
- 6.12 I tried everything on the market, What should I do to reduce wrinkles and fine lines?
- 6.13 Best way to get rid of wrinkles, acne scars, sun damage puffy eyes?
- 7 Comments
Types of Wrinkles
- 1Dynamic wrinkles.
- 3Static wrinkles.
Causes of Fine Lines & Wrinkles
- 1Wrinkles and fine lines are a naturally occurring process. As a person gets older, the collagen and the elastin begins to break down, and without the means of having a strong support system for the skin, the lines and the wrinkles start to become visible on the face. The aging process is one of the top reasons why wrinkles and fine lines appear on the skin because the body's ability to hold in the moisture is lessened as the age increases.Aging processes.
- 2Excessive damage from the sun's harmful UV rays causes the skin layer that holds in the moisture to lose all the water content. Overexposure from the sun ultimately damages the skin cells from within, and it can even lead to skin cancer. It will result in fine lines, wrinkles, and discoloration.Sun damage.
- 4Eating healthy foods, sleeping 7 or 8 hours a night and drinking at least 8 glasses of water are some of the most important habits to develop if you want clear, supple skin. If you're lacking sleep, healthy nutrients and water, your body can't keep up with the essential healing and repairing processes, and it will eventually show in your skin.Unhealthy habits.
- 5We all know that smoking is bad for your lungs, can lead to heart disease, bad breath, yellow teeth, and a stinky house, but most don't know the effects it has on the body's aging process. Smoking or being exposed to second hand smoke causes us to age prematurely, and thus causes the aging and drying out of our skin leading to fine lines and wrinkles.Smoking.
- 6Stress has a huge effect on appearance, especially when it causes you to neglect your basic health and skincare. It can also cause premature cell death, shortening of telomeres and expression lines from frowning and furrowing the brow.Stress.
Face Mask Recipe
Face masks are one of the best ways to push moisture into the skin to leave it plump, glowing and youthful. Plus, the topical application of face masks will effectively create an environment that can alleviate stressed skin and smooth out lines and wrinkles. Most of these ingredients are inexpensive and easy to find, and some you might already have on hand.
- 1 teaspoon of honey.
- 1 tablespoon of plain yogurt.
- 1 teaspoon of lemon juice
- Pinch of ground cinnamon.
- Pinch of ground nutmeg.
- 1Stir well with a spoon, and add a few tablespoons of warm water to help meld the ingredients together.Mix all ingredients together in a bowl or cup.
- The lactic acid that is in the present in the yogurt manages to exfoliate unwanted skin cells and lightens up your complexion, which can also help erase discoloration and dark spots.
- The honey plumps up the skin with natural moisturizers, and in addition, is lush in antioxidants and has antimicrobial attributes.
- Cinnamon flushes out toxic chemicals from your skin and gives you a rosy white glow.
- Nutmeg makes the skin plump, which can temporarily reduce and remove fine lines and ugly wrinkles.
- This mask works best when applied at night. Your face will be much smoother and relaxed the following morning.
- Lemon juice adds citric acid, which lightens and also exfoliates the skin. It works great for blackheads and big pores, and it can help eliminate dark spots and acne scars, over time.
- Ingredients to be used for the face masks are subject for evaluation, allergic reactions to the ingredients must be taken into consideration before the actual application to avoid any complications or inconveniences.
- Do not overdo the ingredients in the mixture, so that you may prevent skin irritation.
Questions and Answers
Does cinnamon, nutmeg and lemon on skin really work for wrinkle reduction?
Cinnamon, nutmeg, and lemon are each individually used in homemade beauty remedies. What if they are all mixed together in one mask? Would they be as effective? The mixture made from all these three ingredients has not been proven to reduce wrinkles, but can still be beneficial to the skin. If you would like to get rid of acne scars and inflammation, the mixture would be very helpful.
From what I have found the results may vary. Your best bet is to give it a shot. If it does not work, then at least it was not as expensive as many types of face lotions that don't work well either. Treatments can affect everyone differently so be sure to follow directions carefully when doing it the first time.
Does honey and cinnamon prevent wrinkles?
Yes, the combination of cinnamon and honey is perfect, with each having its own skin benefits. When they are mixed together, the effect is even greater. Honey and cinnamon mixed together will not prevent wrinkles, but it will reduce their appearance. Skin aging cannot be stopped, but the appearance of aging can be slowed down through the use of any remedies.
Yes, it does, you can mix the honey and the cinnamon for best result. It will help your skin to neutralize and prevent acne. Thus, once acne is have already been prevented, then it can help the skin to prevent wrinkles and pimples.
Does nutmeg plump facial lines?
If you are referring to the efficiency of the nutmeg plump in reducing facial lines, the answer is yes. Below are some of the properties of nutmeg that make it one of the most used natural home-remedy beauty products to effectively reduce wrinkles:
- Contains macelignan. The macelignan found in nutmeg is actually an active polyphenol that's been scientifically proven to increase the volume of fat (adipose) tissue in the skin reducing wrinkles.
- Contains several compounds that slow down the formation of elastase. The elastase is an enzyme that breaks down elastin in the skin forming wrinkles.
The anti-aging properties of nutmeg mentioned above make it one of the best natural skin care products that efficiently reduce wrinkles and facial lines.
You just said lemon, and there is nothing to mix. What are the ingredients that I need to mix?
As per the Article, you need to mix all the ingredients, the one you gathered for your mask. Here are the ingredients again to what you need to mix them thoroughly in a bowl:
1 teaspoon of honey
1 tablespoon of plain yogurt
1 teaspoon of lemon juice
Pinch of ground cinnamon
Pinch of ground nutmeg
Here is the procedure as well:
1. Get a bowl or a mid-sized cup
2. Use your blender or grinder for the Nutmegs and cinnamon
3. Put all the ingredients into a bowl or the mid-sized cup the mix it thoroughly and add a small amount of warm water.
4. Wait until a couple of minutes for you to have it cooled down then apply it on your face and leave it up to 10 minutes before you are going to remove it.
Have you any remedy for my problem?
Wrinkles and dark circles around my eyes
There are several natural ingredients that can help reduce dark circles and puffiness under the eyes. Place thinly sliced potato on each closed eye for up to 15 minutes, then rinse with cool water. Repeat this morning and night, and you'll notice a big difference in your dark circles in about a week. You can also try grated cucumber mixed with equal parts honey. Apply it to your under eyes and let it sit for 15 minutes before rinsing with cool water. It can help reduce puffiness and add moisture to help smooth out fine lines and wrinkles.
I have ugly fine lines around the mouth and the skin is slack. Will this mask help tighten my skin as well? Thanks?
Slack skin, fine lines around mouth
This mask will introduce moisture and help plump the skin, which will help smooth out fine lines and wrinkles anywhere it's applied, so the skin will look tighter. Use it at least two or three times a week for the best results.
See more questions like this: Can lemon juice alone help reduce fine lines
Tired face, no shine, and wrinkles around the eyes?
Hello sir, I am 32 years old guy. I have a very tired face, no shine on the face, look older than my age and getting wrinkles around the eyes, and my beard hair is getting white. Please help me, how can I get my face to shine and get a fresh look and how to get rid of wrinkles which I am getting around the eyes. I have tried: Nothing tried. I think it was caused by: I don't know, I even have enough sleep
Exfoliate your face twice a week using a face wash with exfoliates or make a paste using baking soda and water. Moisturize using a facial moisturizer that contains lactic acid which will renew your skin cells and help with wrinkles. The facial product aisle in a store is not just for women. Boil curry leaves in water and drink a cup of the curry tea daily to prevent your gray beard.
What should I do to my saggy face?
My chin, my eyes, and the corner of my mouth are full of wrinkles, how can you help me. I see you put this mask honey lemon yogurt nutmeg
The mask you mentioned above in this article will help improve the fine lines and wrinkles on your face.
Will lemon and honey alone get rid of discoloration on the face like acne scars that are brownish and reddish color? How long will it take to diminish them if applied routinely?
Discoloration marks on face from acne scars.
Acne scars take time to heal, but lemon and yogurt have acids which exfoliate dead skin and encourage new cells to produce. Lemon juice also has brightening properties. Honey is a moisturizer, so it won't totally fix the scars, but providing moisture to the skin can keep it healthy and encourage healing. Use the mask at least two or three times a week, and work your way up to daily if your skin responds well to it. You should see a reduction in the discoloration within a few weeks.
I have questions about glycolic acid, and cinnamaldehyde?
'Why does the cyanohydrin derived from formaldehyde, seem to help skin? I have heard both that it strips a thin layer of mostly dead skin cells off the surface, and that, formaldehyde, can also be produced from E-cigarettes, because they use glycol, or propylene glycol, glycolic acid, etc, in their liquid tobacco, and that it is toxic if vaporized, and what is all of this formaldehyde stuff? AND is glycolic acid similar to cinnamaldehyde? Can I have your email?
Glycolic acid is similar to cinnamaldehyde but most skin care products only contain glycolic acid. Cinnamaldehyde is used to make acetone. Formaldehyde is only used in clothing to make it wrinkle free. Though is sometimes an ingredient in tobacco products, it does nothing for facial wrinkles and in fact using tobacco products cause wrinkles.
I am a 20 years old guy, but very conscious of my skin?
My facial pores clog, even though I mask my face when getting outside. Avoid pollution and best in diet. I have a question, should I stop smiling to avoid wrinkles
Stopping a smile does not stop a wrinkle from forming. Your pores are clogging because of excess oil production and even when you cover your face, you are introducing bacteria from the cover to your face. Use an oil free moisturizer as well as exfoliate your face twice a week.
I tried everything on the market, What should I do to reduce wrinkles and fine lines?
I need help, I am 52 years old with problems, wrinkles, and lines, can you help me? Everything on the market I tried and got no results it seems it got worse Hormone Treatment Therapy will help you with over the market products. In your 50s, you lose estrogen which is needed to combat wrinkles. Add flaxseed to your diet and look for food and facial products containing soy.
Best way to get rid of wrinkles, acne scars, sun damage puffy eyes?
Hello Mister, I would love to heal my skin, I had rosacea, lived in Florida , I am not a homebody, like to be in the sun , now live in new England, I am Irish, so my skin is sensitive to everything, I think I have allergies, my eyes are puffy a lot. So people are making fun of me, One lady said in front of a lot of people that I look 60, but I am only 40. Any suggestions. How to heal skin, and learn to live again without being laughed at. I have tried: All kinds of skin creams and natural, turmeric, bananas, all kinds of products from commercials and over the counter. I think it was caused by: Rosacea, Sun, Stress, Sugary foods and drinks, Sleeping on my stomach, because it's the only comfortable position, and it comforts my stomach from IBS.
VisiHow QnA. This section is not written yet. Want to join in? Click EDIT to write this answer.