Recover from a Bad Day
Edited by Jeffrey Casel, Charmed, Innocent Yogo, Eng and 5 others
Sometimes, we do not know what to do if we are on a bad day, sometimes we tend to be angry to people and friends without no reason at all.
Here are some tips in order for you to get rid of your emotional stress from your bad day.
- 1They'll be sure to help you out through good and bad times and you can express your feelings to your friends when you feel like talking to someone and they'll listen to you and help you.Talk to some of your closest friends.Advertisement
- 2Dig in to your favorite foods because it can also help you relieve your stress and you will just forget that you have a bad day.Eat your favorite foods.Advertisement
- 3Some people will do hardcore training if they're having a bad day because sweating your stress away could be good.Do some exercise.
- 4"Laughter is the best medicine" a great saying for someone who is in a bad mood or in a bad day. Laughter can relieve stress and help you forget about your bad day in a flashLaugh it out.
Ways to change your bad day into a good day
- 1Having a mental conversation with yourself and not being too hard on yourself (goodbye perfectionism) will be very helpful. The key here is that everything you do should be positive and constructive and should not bring you back into a depressed state.The way you talk to yourself or the way you treat yourself is pivotal in ensuring you have a good day.Advertisement
- 2A lot of times in our life, we want to keep our bad day problems to ourselves. But sometimes, we feel just so bottled up that we want to burst, like an active volcano. Do not be in this state for a longer period because it might just drive you insane. Admit to yourself that you have a weakness and lack a certain knowledge or skill. Or even, that you lack a certain emotional skill or capacity to cope with a very stressful problem which makes your day so bad. Actually, the person you are going to ask help from will mean that you respect this person and his opinions and skills. This goes to show that this person has a certain dignity which you highly respect.Ask for external help.
- 3It is actually a sign of strength. You are secure about yourself, but you are humble enough to admit that you are not knowledgeable in all aspects of life.Asking for help is not a sign of weakness.
- 4Drive to the seashore and relish the fresh, salty breeze. Solitude, walking barefoot on the sand, with a beer in one hand can refresh your mind of negative thoughts acquired during the day. Stay as long as you can and enjoy the tranquility that a beach atmosphere can give you.Go to the beach.
- 5We all thought that everything great we do should be recognized by other people. But the end effect is different - it does not really make us feel good. Sometimes, we even feel resentful because the praise and recognition is not good enough for us. Try doing something good for a change without anyone looking. When in a grocery store, pick up items that have fallen off the shelf and put them back. Help a child open a door if it is too heavy for the kid to open by himself. In a bookstore, when you and another person reach for a book that is the last copy, make a grand gesture of telling him that he can have it for himself. Donate to a good cause, like cancer research or special child education, but donate in an anonymous way. Do not issue a check when donating because they will know who you are. When you overhear a conversation and you hear that someone really needs something that will help improve his standard of life - purchase that needed product quietly and have it delivered to his residence or workplace. Again, be the mysterious Good Samaritan. Surprise! You will have a good day.Do something nice even though no one will notice.
- 6This is the chance for you to improve. When you fail at something, it means there are aspects in what you do that is below par or needs improvement. Like for example, in a tennis match, you almost never beat your best friend. If you will observe his game in a video which you have taken secretly and mischievously, he might be weaker on the left side. So why not volley the ball more often on his left side? So rejoicing while failing might just make your day and improve your tennis game!When failing, do the reverse - rejoice!
- 7You might be surprised that the effect it will have on you is that it is as if a huge boulder have been lifted from your back. The mistake you made without your knowing it, was crushing you emotionally. So, saying sorry gets the load off your back!If you know you made a mistake or hurt somebody, say sorry.
- 8You have a setback today. So what? You have a lot of things going for you. It could be a perfect job. Or a business wherein the cash register is always ringing. Or you have a wonderful family - nice, sweet kids; great, loving spouse, and an added benefit - wonderful in-laws. Or a smooth round of golf wherein you beat everybody. All these pleasant thoughts will make your bad day a good day!Count your blessings.
- 9There are some folks who are just too dignified to be true! They always have the correct things to say. When they criticize constructively, you do not resent what they say, but rather, you absorb and soak in whatever words of motivation or correction they have for you. When you have a bad day, be with these people and you will go home refreshed.Visit people who you know will make you feel better about life and people in general.
- 10Visit your neighbors whom you never talk to and praise the new coat of paint that they had splashed on their house during their last renovation. If you love the book that you are recently reading, email or Facebook the author and tell him how much you appreciate his book. Tell the street sweeper that you like the cleanliness of the surroundings, and it would not be possible if not for the labor of love of the street sweeper. You can never estimate the positive effect your sincere compliment will have on people who deserve the praise. This will encourage these people to keep up the good work or do even better craftsmanship. As long as your flattery is true, you yourself will feel good that you made the day of these people a good one.Sincerely compliment others when they least expect it.
- 11You know it was your idea. You were a major contributor to a project. You were the lead actor in a stage play. Sometimes, in the middle of a bad day, step back, take the backseat. Whatever opportunity shows itself that the praise and the spotlight be on someone else, give that moment to that person. He/she might be surprised that someone or a group of persons have recognized their work. This honorable gesture of yours will work for the betterment of all and for the camaraderie within your workplace or community. It will be a good day for you and them.Let someone take credit.
- 12Will you really let that frustrating event disappoint you the whole day? Will you allow your failure to win in a bidding event for a business venture tamper your emotions and be mean to the people surrounding you? Get that big rock from your shoulders! Life goes on. Things will turn for the better. For the moment, accept what is happening to you and shift your perspective to finding ways and means to end the day on a happy note! This time, after a failure, we have the freedom to choose what energy we want to channel to other people...is it positive energy or negative vibes? The next day, we do not want to wake up with a headache.Accept the reality.
- 13Get a hug or hug someone who is close to you and understands you. This could be a spouse, a child, a friend, a pet, a parent, a sibling. Make it a really warm hug which could comfort either you or the other hugger. This gesture will just win the day for you.Warm hugs.
- 14Get that old comedy DVD out and watch it again. There is nothing like having a belly aching laugh from something funny. When you are in the middle of a bad day, find something to laugh or smile about. Be creative about this because there will always be something funny that you will discover. After the laughter, you will find out that your head will become lighter and you will be in a better mood.Get a good laugh.
- 15The good thing about dance is that it is free. All you have to do is to play some music or have someone do a beat which is danceable. The sweat and the energy from dancing will erase the negative energy of the bad day away.Dance.
- 16When we are depressed and we are enclosed in our house, it feels so frustrating. Try going out into the garden, or prepare for a quick, relaxing walk on the street outside of the house. In a few minutes, you will feel yourself cooling down and feeling better again.Go outside and get some fresh air.
- 17One mechanism of our body that we take for granted is our breathing. It is one of the many blessings from God that is free, so we should be thankful for it. Especially during a bad day, be conscious every time you breath. Make every breathe count by making it a deep one (a few seconds, maybe 10 seconds per breathe). By the time you are breathing deeply for five minutes, you will have forgotten the reason why you had a bad day.Be conscious about your breathing and make it deep.
- 18If you love to sing, then there is no better therapy like it during a frustrating day. You have heard of people spending a lot of time in karaoke bars or just simply using their karaoke at home to relax. Whether in tune or out of tune, sing to your heart's delight, and your day will end on a pleasant note.Sing to your heart's desire.
- 19A really good kneading of your tired muscles from a professional massage therapist will brighten your mood and induce you to have a good night's sleep. An effective massage will even help in the better circulation of your blood. Me, having a bad day? No, Sir! I am living the life! You see, I am salivating on the pillow of my spa bed!Get a therapeutic massage.
- 20Everyone knows that a relaxing shower and long stay in the bathtub are very therapeutic.Take a long bath or linger in the bathtub.
- 21In spite of the bad day, start your prayer with worship and with gratitude to God for being our Lord and Saviour. And then pour out to Him all your troubles and lift them all up to Him. Prayer is one strong weapon against a bad day.Pray.
Tips & Tricks
- Have yourself a steamy bath or shower to relax your body from stress
- You can help someone else happy and by that, you can feel happy too
- Visit a home for the underprivileged sectors of society and you will appreciate your blessings. There are a lot to choose from: parent-less children (orphanage); special children (mentally handicapped); penniless cancer patients; the homeless; juvenile delinquents; childless senior citizens. Your visit will make them very happy, and your heart will feel glad too.
Categories : Mental Health
Recent edits by: Clownz, Maria Quinney, Jonathan