Push a girl into the friendzone
Edited by Michael J., Eng, Lynn, VC and 3 others
Friend zone, or friendzone, is a contemporary term used to describe a relationship between two potential lovers, where there is, usually from one person's perspective, no chance at romance. Putting someone into the friendzone, might be a situation where an individual foils another individual's plans of advancing a friendly relationship into a potential romantic one, or a when there is a realization that your romantic partner is not a good fit, but you don't want to lose the friendship.
Getting "friend zoned" is an unenviable situation, especially if the person being rezoned is obsessed or in love with the one initiating the change. Because sympathy is almost always awarded to the friend zoned person, most people fail to realize that the situation can be just as challenging for the "friend zoner" as well. Saying "no" is nearly as difficult as accepting no.
If you are a guy who is longing to push a girl into the friendzone in the most ideal way, this article is for you. The following steps cover several approaches you can take based on the category your relationship falls into.
Before you implement the following steps, make sure you don't have any romantic feelings for the girl in question. Things could get even more complicated if you are emotionally indecisive.
- 1 How to friendzone a Girl Who is a Longtime Close Friend
- 2 How to Friendzone a Girl Who is an Acquaintance
- 3 Advice From a Girl
- 4 Questions and Answers
- 5 Comments
How to friendzone a Girl Who is a Longtime Close Friend
Pushing a girl you have just known a couple of days or weeks back to the friend zone can be quite a challenge if you start off on the wrong foot. What is more challenging is pushing a girl, who you thought was comfortably in the zone for years, back into the friend zone.
- 1If your close girlfriend has finally admitted her romantic feelings toward you, or her actions are indicative of advanced interest, be man enough to tell her the true score in the gentlest way and at the earliest time possible. Giving false hope only adds to the agony your girlfriend will have to bear the moment you officially reject her. It could even jeopardize your friendship entirely.Tell her straight up.Advertisement
- 2Be clear, concise, direct and to the point, but deliver it in a gentle manner. Explain honestly the reality of your feelings for her. You can even thank her for liking you and being honest about how she feels, but be sure you get your point across at the end of the conversation. Tell her how much you value her friendship and how much you want it to remain as it is, despite you not having the same feelings toward her, as she has for you.Don't mince words.Advertisement
- 3Try to inject some humor into what could be a serious and sentimental mood by offering to help her find a guy that is more worthy than you are, and remind her that friendships last a lot longer than romantic relationships.Humor.
- 4The next steps you take are influenced by how your girlfriend reacts to the rejection. If she seems to be taking it well, and she agrees to make a valiant attempt to forget her romantic feelings for you in order to preserve your friendship, be light hearted, and treat the incident as an isolated case not worthy of recollection, and proceed with your friendship as if nothing happened. That is if you really can't afford to lose your friendship.Proceed based on her reaction.
- 5If she decides to continue stepping on the gas pedal despite the red light and turns into an obsessive admirer, then you will have to carry out more serious tactics, like gradual avoidance or worse, even totally disappearing from her life. Not only does this step free you of the extra baggage, but it might also make her realize the kind of friendship she is losing by continuing to act on her romantic feelings, even after you've said you don't feel the same way. It might, however, just take a few weeks or a couple of months away from each other to sort everything out.Her feelings haven't changed.
- 6If she has reacted terribly to the rejection, you can try to ask her friends to help her understand the situation and console her. If possible, try and talk with her parents, and don't be afraid to discuss the matter with them. They might be the most capable people to guide her out of this emotional situation. This is also a way of demonstrating you still genuinely care for your friend's well-being.Seek advice or assistance from your mutual friends or her parents if she becomes emotionally unstable.
How to Friendzone a Girl Who is an Acquaintance
It's much easier to friendzone a girl with whom you have not established any form of genuine relationship yet. She could be that girl in your biology class who sneaks in a wink or two during lab sessions, or that lovely woman you met at your friend's party who instantly took a liking to you, and texts you every morning - before your alarm goes off.
Apparently, good looks and oozing sex appeal often comes with unwanted perks. One good skill to have when you possess these characteristics is the ability to push girls into the friend zone, granted, of course, that you still want to maintain a "friendly" relationship with them. If you don't, you can end any hopes she has of a relationship with you, and move on. Here are some steps that might help you carry out this endeavor.
- 1While there are girls who become even more attracted to a man whose demeanor is aloof, they will eventually grow tired of the standoffish game if you commit to consistently playing it, day-in and day-out, or at least whenever she is around. Interest begets interest. So if you don't show interest, the girl will eventually back away.Stay aloof.Advertisement
- 2If you are a frequent traveler, then this is a pretty easy step. This is a good way to cool down whatever intensifying romantic feelings she has for you. You can expect to maintain that casual friendship you have with her whenever you meet each other only every month or two. Distance is one of the most notorious relationship-breakers on Earth. Many longtime relationships have faltered due to prolonged absence of visual and physical contact. Imagine how potent this situation could be for destroying a blossoming one.Be constantly away.
- 3Little explanation is needed here. Few girls can withstand the sight of the man they are interested in flirting with other girls. You can even introduce your girlfriend to the one you are flirting with by saying, " By the way, this is [insert your girl friend's name] a good friend of mine." The effect of that statement may or may not immediately reflect on your girlfriend's reaction, but it will probably leave a lasting impact to her psyche.Flirt with other girls in her presence.
- 4The goal here is to turn her off and cause her to have second thoughts about pursuing any serious romantic relationship with you. Think of having a conversation with one of your close guy buddies where you brag about how you hit-and-run with women whenever you want to. The key here is to sound natural. Of course one way to sound natural is if you have actually walked your talk, but it is not necessary to be a bad guy in order to look or sound like one. So make up stories. You are your own scriptwriter this time.Talk about your previous relationships and on how you toyed with the girls of your past.
- 5They say when it comes to romantic attraction, physical appearance is half of the battle. The other half is personality. Now that you have unintentionally won half of the battle after you have attracted her with your looks, try to intentionally lose the battle by projecting a bad personality. There are a couple of ways to do this. Here are some of the common ones:Show your Yin.
- Show off your vices. This is particularly easy if you actually have vices to show and if your girlfriend actually hates the vices you have. If the former doesn't hold water, well, you have to remember that you are both the scriptwriter and the leading man of this show you can always make things up if you will.
- Show off your bad habits or mannerisms. A good example is picking your nose in front of her. You can always come up with and project your own set of habits for her to abhor.
- Scare her off with odd and scary interests. Talk about your obsession for serial killer movies and books, or anything that could bring chills down her spine. Fear is a good way to stop romance in its tracks.
- 6Agreeing to go to an event with her as your sole companion only adds fuel to her romantic fire. It will always be a step backward and should therefore be avoided.Never go out with her without common friends around.
- 7Well, this is sort of a last resort. This step requires a lot of courage, as it could affect your reputation if not set up carefully. However, this is certainly one of the most effective methods. Girl's instincts sometimes lead them to befriend gays, so if you act like one, they will likely see you as a "friend" and not as boyfriend material. Be sure to effectively perform the role. If your girlfriend discovers your pretense, she will find a way to break through it and you will have to consistently repel her advances until she eventually decides to surrender.Pretend to be gay.
Advice From a Girl
- Although this article suggests showing off other girls so the girl you don't want will lose interest - this doesn't always work. Many women are more intrigued when the man they are interested in attracts other women. It may backfire.
- While we're on the subject, don't flirt with a friend of hers to dissuade her affections. You'll only create issues with their friendship.
- Remember, when convincing a girl you're a cad, just to get her to back down, three months down the road, when the girl of your dreams asks this same girl about you, well, your dream girl may just walk on by, as well as others. News spreads fast. If you make up stories about how badly you treated women, be prepared for the fallout.
- Really? Lie to her and make up bad stories about yourself? Do you ever want to date again - - - ever? How about be honest, tell her you aren't interested, and hold fast.
- Lying is very bad advice. So is making up stories, picking your nose in front of her, and pretending you're gay.
- Try these.
- Tell her the truth.
- Don't get into an argument about it, there's nothing to argue.
- Tell her you are flattered by her attentions...because you should be.
- Be firm but kind.
- Don't backslide.
Questions and Answers
My question is quite simple. How do you push away a girl who is expressing love to you through messages?
This one girl is telling me how I'm her number 1 etc. But she isn't my type. I'd love to be friends with her because she tells me that I keep her strong, but I don't want anything more than that. Help?
Just keep telling her how you value such a person who is a good friend and express your gratitude of putting you as her number 1 acquaintance. Tell her that you have many unique friends, and that you are proud that she is among them. Tell her how you like some girl a lot and ask for advice. Hypothesize on her being a great company with her boyfriend (even if she does not have one) if you had a girlfriend and went out to a cafe, museum, or library together, for example.
How do I friend-zone my own girlfriend?
No details man, how do I friend-zone my own girlfriend?
Try the advice from a girl - above.
How to friendzone a girl in a friendly manner without scolding her?
I met a girl since grade 7th. Now we're in grade 11th and she still can't get over me.
VisiHow QnA. This section is not written yet. Want to join in? Click EDIT to write this answer.
Categories : Relationships
Recent edits by: VisiHow, MrsMaxwell, VC