Properly Greet Hotel Guests on the Phone
Edited by Hotelier, priya, Eng
Calling from Outside of Hotel
Hello, and thank you for watching VisiHow. Today, we'll be discussing how to properly welcome a hotel guest who is calling from outside of the hotel. Many times in hotels, you will be able to see on the screen if the person who is placing the call to you is calling from inside or from outside of the hotel. There are different ways that you should greet these potential or current guests.
- 1This is whether they are being answered for the first time, or if they are being answered as a transferred call. We should answer the calls within 3 rings, so the guests are not kept waiting. If a guest is kept waiting for too long, they may become impatient, and might be a little bit upset if or when we finally get to them. They may not call us back, and we may lose their business.To begin, a standard is that all calls to the hotel should be answered within 3 rings.
- 8If you have any questions, comments or suggestions, please leave them in the space below.This concludes our tutorial on how to provide a hotel greeting for an outside call.
Video: Properly Greet Hotel Guests on the Phone Calling from Outside of Hotel
Calling from Inside of Hotel
Hello, and thank you for watching VisiHow. Today, we will be discussing how to properly greet a telephone caller from inside the hotel. Many times when we are working the PBX or reception, we will have a telephone that has a screen. We will be able to tell whether someone is calling from inside or outside of the hotel. Then we should respond accordingly in order to provide them the appropriate level of service.
- 1This standard is to keep a guest or a potential guest from waiting too long. If we do keep someone waiting too long on the phone, they can become irritated when or if we do finally get to them. They may also hang up the phone and not call us back, and we may lose their business entirely.To begin, all calls to the hotel, whether they are coming from inside or outside the hotel, should be answered within 3 rings.
- 8Try sometime to answer the phone once when you're smiling, and once when you're not smiling. See how people respond to you. Also, you can see how you respond to other people when they're answering the phone. It's much more pleasant to be in a conversation with someone who you can tell is happy. So always, even on the phone, wear a smile. To demonstrate how to provide a proper greeting for an inside call coming from within the hotel, we could say, "Good morning, Mr. or Mrs. Smith. Thank you for calling reception. This is Suzanne speaking. How may I assist you?"All of these things should be said with a smile.
- 9If you have any questions, comments or suggestions about this tutorial, please leave them in the space below.This concludes today's tutorial on how to properly provide a hotel greeting for an inside caller.
Video: Properly Greet Hotel Guests on the Phone Calling from Inside of Hotel
Categories : Hospitality Industry
Recent edits by: priya, Hotelier