Properly Do Oil Pulling with Coconut Oil
Edited by Catherine Marqueses, Maria Quinney
Coconut oil pulling is a topic that has been making rounds online for several years. Although there are no sufficient studies to support its effectiveness, many claim that it's something worth trying. In this method, the oil is swished in the mouth for 30 minutes until all the toxins are absorbed. And then, it is spit out.
While the entire method sounds easy to do, many individuals fail to perform it properly. So in this short post, we aim to teach you how to do oil pulling with coconut oil properly.
What You Need
What You Should Do
- 1The moment you wake up in the morning, go to the bathroom right away and do coconut oil pulling.Advertisement
- 230 minutes is the preferred amount of time but you may have to build up to that.Grab 1 or 2 tablespoons of Organic Extra Virgin Coconut Oil and swish in your mouth for at least 10 minutes.Advertisement
- 3Do not swallow the oil and swish gently so as not to tire out your cheeks.
- 4Coconut oil hardens which can lead to residue on your water pipes.Spit the oil outside your house or in a container, and not in the sink to prevent clogging.
- 5Brush your teeth like you do normally.
Why You Should Do Coconut Oil Pulling
Oil pulling does a lot of good things for our health, but here, we listed 7 of its top benefits.
- 1All you need is coconut oil and your teeth will be as white as snow! Coconut oil has antiviral and antibiotic properties that help brighten and clean the teeth. Do oil pulling within two consecutive weeks and you will be surprised with the results.Oil pulling whitens the teeth and limits the need to see your dentist for any teeth whitening solutions.