Properly Cut and Trim Fingernails for Men
Edited by MsBarbs, Eng, bec7012, Nuance
Hi, you are watching a video on VisiHow. Today, we are going to teach you how to trim your fingernails. This is video is geared toward men, obviously, as there would probably be a lot more equipment here if it were for women.
- 2Another helpful tool is this little device here. It's used to push back your cuticles. Cuticles - the skin around your fingernails. If you don't push the cuticles back you'll notice the skin starts growing over your fingernails and looks unsightly. It is also a breeding ground for bacteria, which can cause infections.Advertisement
So, let's get started. I'll show you how each of these tools works.
- 1First, we will begin with the nail clippers. As you can see, my fingernails are a little bit too long. I let them grow just for this video to better demonstrate good grooming, guys, for your nails. We're going to start from one edge or the other and just clip. It's that easy. Clip. And move over again. Clip. Now we have the fingernail off to the side. The nail is clipped. After you've finished the first nail, continue until all ten are clipped. For this video, however, we are just going to show you the nail grooming process using only one nail.Advertisement
- 2Now, we we're going to deal with the cuticle, which is this little piece of skin here. Push that back very gently, very carefully. It's possible to injure yourself. If you push it back too hard, or too far, you can end up cutting yourself. It's important to soak your hands before you work on your cuticles. I like to wash the dishes before doing this. If you soften up the skin first, it's easier to push back the cuticles. Many times nail clippers will come with a little file that flips out and serves the same purpose as well. Now you have your cuticles nice and neat and pushed back.
- 4Wipe your fingers off and there - we have a neat well-manicured nail. It does look a little bit white or rough at the moment, but again this is a video for men. If you are like to put a clear coat on your nails, or put colored nail polish on them, if you're interested in that sort of thing, there is nothing wrong with that, perhaps you're a metro-sexual or a little more modern than I am. However, you'll know about nail polishes and the other creams and other things you can use, which I don't have. I am not going to paint my nails red; my wife would be angry if I used her nail polish.
- 8Use the nail clipper to push in, just a little bit there, and then you make that cut. Again, I am pushing in on the bottom. Let me show you on the edge. Pushing in and then I'm going to make that cut. Push here, one more time, I am actually going to do it two times here. One and then just get the little bit of the edge here, okay. Let us get that out of the way.
- 10In fact, the most important part of this is not the nail trimming or the nail filling but moving the cuticle back. Women know a lot more about fingernails, generally, than men. If you don't know about pushing these cuticles back you are going to have little pieces of skin that pop up here and there. It's going to look bad and any woman who sees it is going to know you don't know how to groom your nails properly. It is unprofessional in a business environment as well.
- 11A little bit of time and care. As nails grow on an average of a quarter of an inch a month, you'll need to do this every second week. It's not the sort of thing you have to do every day. As you can see, there is a big difference between the cut nail and the uncut nail. That may not be terribly visible, but it definitely is visible if you are in a professional environment, or are doing anything that draws attention to your fingers. Bacteria tend to grow under the fingernails so trimmed nails are best. Also, if you have a lovely lady in your life, best not to scratch her with long, untrimmed nails. So that is it for today. Thank you for watching VisiHow. We look forward to seeing you again.
Video: Properly Cut and Trim Fingernails for Men
Questions and Answers
Categories : Beauty & Aesthetics
Recent edits by: bec7012, Eng, MsBarbs