Prevent Having Different Kinds of Foot Diseases
Edited by Shalom, Eng, Lynn, Robbi and 4 others
Nearly everyone has a foot problem of some type during their lifetime. If you have one, you may be so self-conscious that you will feel strange about removing your shoes in front of other people.
How can you prevent this from happening to you? Here are some ways to prevent having foot issues of all types. In order to prevent this, you must know what the common different types of foot diseases are and their causative factors.
Different Types of Foot Problems
Bunions are experienced more by women than men. This is because of their footwear choices. High heels are the leading cause of bunions. Also bear in mind that not only high heels can cause bunions, but also flats. Any footwear without good and appropriate foundation for your feet may result to roll inward. Here are some ways to prevent them.
- 1Wear lesser heels. Exchange or switch those high heels with lower ones. It would be better if you'd wear wedge ones rather than stilettos. This gives your feet more support and foundation. And pick round-toe shoes over pointy shoes, this will give your toes more wiggle room.Advertisement
- 2Travel in comfortable shoes. When you are planning to go out for a walk or something, it would be best to wear comfortable shoes, like a pair of sneakers. There are many fashionable shoes on the market today.
- 3Diminish or minimize the agony that you're feeling. When you are wearing your shoes, and you are feeling pain, you may use bunion cushions to ease rubbing or friction and pressure.
- 4Visit your doctor (podiatrist). Consulting and asking your doctor is the best way to prevent any disease. Take action before it consumes you.
Hammertoes usually happen when you don't choose the right footwear. Too much pressure on your toes can also affect your bone structure. Here are some ways to prevent hammertoes.
- 1Proper circulation is important. Maintaining proper blood flow on your feet helps prevent foot diseases. Stretch your legs and feet to let the blood circulate.
Dry skin usually happens because of lack of water, exposure to too much heat, excessive scrubbing with soap, etc. Being knowledgeable about preventing dry skin on your feet is a benefit, both for coziness and health. Here are some ways to prevent dry skin on your feet.
- 1Apply lotion or creams. This is the best way to prevent dry skin. Regularly apply lotion to moisturize your skin.
- 2Keep yourself hydrated. Drink lots of water to prevent dehydration as this may be a cause of dry skin.
- 3Use gentle and mild soaps. Using certain kinds of soap may harm your skin. Be careful with what you choose and what you apply to your skin.
- 4Always take a bath or shower. Cleaning yourself is important also to prevent dry skin, not only on your feet, but also on your whole body. It's best to use lukewarm water.
Warts are a result of HPV, which affects the uppermost part of the skin. They can be itchy and they may bleed. When warts are knocked or bumped often, they may become irritated and the skin surrounding it may be hurting. Here are some ways to prevent warts.
- 1Wash your hands several times a day or as often as possible. Cleaning your hands helps prevent germs and viruses to come.
- 2Prevent from biting and chewing your nails. This might cause infection to your skin and is dangerous to your health.
- 3Never give out your own cleaning materials to other people. You should be aware of the people around you. Even if they don't have warts, they might still carry a virus.
- 4Wear shoes in public places.
- 1Make sure that your toenails are trimmed to average length.
- 2Cut your toenails straight.
- 3Wear shoes that are appropriate for your feet.
- 1Wear your own shoes. Never wear someone else's.
- 2Avoid wearing used socks. This might cause bad foot odor.
- 3Rinse off your feet.
- 4Apply anti-fungal creams or powders.