Play the Trumpet with the Correct Embouchure
Edited by Toradze, VisiHow, Eng
Hi! You're watching VisiHow. In the previous video, we played intervals. This is a video tutorial series on how to play the trumpet. In this video tutorial, we're going to talk about the embouchure.
- 1The embouchure is the use of the lips, tongue and teeth that affects the production of sound by controlling the airflow. When you blow through the mouthpiece, you form your lips to match the shape of the mouthpiece. Using this shape will move the air in a single narrow direction.We will discuss what the embouchure is and its effectiveness while playing the trumpet.
- 2As a result, a resonant sound will be produced; and you will be able to play for a longer time with your gained stamina and endurance, even hours with a good embouchure and breathing. Proper development of the embouchure will avoid pressing the mouthpiece against the lips and causing pain.The embouchure allows the prevention of air from escaping from the sides of the mouth while playing the trumpet.
- 5If your exhale is airy, or your become tired, take a break. Like muscles, embouchure needs to be built over time. Work on focusing exhaling the air on a single point; after that, you can build endurance and embouchure, which helps play longer and higher too.The correct embouchure ensures quality sound.
Please make sure to view our next tutorial on how to Use Your Diaphragm for Playing the Trumpet. This was a tutorial on how to play the trumpet with the correct embouchure. If you have any questions or comments, please leave them in the space below. Thank you for watching VisiHow!
See more tutorials on playing the trumpet:
- Tune a Trumpet
- Play Staccato on the Trumpet
- Stand in the Correct Posture While Playing the Trumpet
- Play Legato on the Trumpet
- Empty Spit out of the Trumpet
- Play with Lips Trills on the Trumpet
- Improve Double Tonguing Notes on the Trumpet
- Play Arpeggios on the Trumpet
- Play C Chromatic Scale on the Trumpet
- Play Intervals on Trumpet
- Do Buzzing Exercises When Playing the Trumpet
- Use Your Diaphragm for Playing the Trumpet
- Buzz with Lips when Playing the Trumpet
- Buzz When Playing the Trumpet
- Hold the Trumpet
- Single Tongue the Trumpet
- Gain Endurance to Play Long Notes on the Trumpet
- Play the Trumpet with the Correct Embouchure
Video: Play the Trumpet with the Correct Embouchure
Categories : Music
Recent edits by: VisiHow, Toradze