Play PC Games on the NVIDIA SHIELD
Edited by Adrian Penaflor, Lynn, Mac Evans Cerrillo, Eng and 7 others
The main purpose of NVIDIA Shield is to play Android games, but did you know you can also use it to play and stream your HD games on your PC? With the right PC requirements and settings, you can sync and play compatible HD games on you PC. This "HowTo" article will help you play PC games with your NVIDIA Shield:
- NVIDIA Shield
- Gaming PC
- CPU: Inter Core i3 at 3.1 GHz or equivalent.
- GPU: GeForce GTX650 or higher" Updated driver (Below than GTX650 is NOT supported)
- Memory: 4 GB RAM or higher
- OS: Windows 7 or Windows 8
- Games: Here is a list of: COMPATIBLE GAMES.
- Router: WiFi or wireless 802.11N dual band router. (802.11a/g wireless router" minimum). Check here for: RECOMMENDED ROUTERS
- 1Connect your PC to your local network (wired/wireless connection).Advertisement
- 2Run the "GeForce Experience" software.Advertisement
- 3Look for "Game Streaming".Go to the "My Rig" tab and scroll down.
- 5If streaming is enabled, and all requirements are met, then go to your NVIDIA Shield and connect it to the local wireless network.
- 6Press the "Menu" button, go to "Apps", and select the computer that's been enabled for streaming.
- 7Select a game on the list of games capable of being streamed.
Tips Tricks & Warnings
- Moving too far away from your wireless router will cause control delays.
- Make sure your wireless signal is optimized.
- You can turn off the PC monitor if you just want to play on your NVIDIA Shield (but the PC itself must always ON).
- Notebook/Laptop GPUs are not supported at the moment.
- The PC game streaming is in Beta state at the moment.
- If you can't see the "My Rig" tab, you need to update to the latest driver.
- Always keep the game's settings optimized so you can experience the total gaming pleasure.
- Using the software will automatically update the driver for you and even optimize your settings for the games. Go here to MANUALLY UPDATE YOUR DRIVER.
- Download the GeFORCE EXPERIENCE SOFTWARE HERE.
- You can download STREAM CLIENT SOFTWARE HERE.
Questions and Answers
I get don't have any supported PC games in the list.
I don't have any supported PC games in the list, even though I have borderlands 2?
Have you tried checking your system first to see if it's compatible with NVIDIA SHIELD? If not here are the requirements:
- CPU : Inter Core i3 @ 3.1 GHz or higher
- GPU: GeForce GTX650 and up, must be updated drivers
- RAM: 4GB minimum
- OS: Windows 7/ Windows 8
- Games: The check list is HERE.
If you pass the requirements, then DOWNLOAD THIS SOFTWARE, as it will be able to detect your game's settings for you, and it might be the solution for the error you've encountered.
Playing Windows games on NVIDIA shield.
Hello, I am very interested in the Nvidia shield TV. I have an old PC and I would like to replace this PC with the shield. I wonder if there is a way to play my PC games (Age of Empires II, NFS, etc.) directly on the shield. I have tried: Nothing.
VisiHow QnA. This section is not written yet. Want to join in? Click EDIT to write this answer.
Categories : Gaming
Recent edits by: Nuance, Astro, truthistruth