Pair Playstation 3 Controller (PS3) to Samsung Galaxy S3
Edited by Adrian Penaflor, Maria Quinney, Lynn, Eng and 5 others
Is it difficult to play a game on your Samsung Galaxy S3 using the touchscreen controls? Don't worry! Here's a HowTo on pairing a PlayStation 3 controller with your Samsung Galaxy S3.
Prerequisites (What You Need To Make This Happen)
- Your Samsung Galaxy S3 must be rooted, or it must have a root access.
- Sixaxis Controller app must be installed on your Samsung Galaxy S3.
- Samsung phone USB cable (Type A USB to micro USB) It's the cable that came with your phone.
- Convert (Type A USB female to mini 5 pin male) You can purchase this on eBay or Amazon for $2.
- Samsung Galaxy S3 desk stand (optional).
Root Your Samsung Galaxy S3.
If your phone is already rooted then skip these steps.
- 1First, check the model number of your phone. Tap "Menu" | "Settings" | "About Device" | "Model Number". Make sure your model number is GT-i9300 or GT-i9300T because if its not, then it may not work or it may ruin your phone.Advertisement
- 2Turn on debugging mode. Tap "Menu" | "Settings" | "Developer Options" | tap "USB debugging" | "OK".Advertisement
- 3Turn off the phone (complete power off).
- 4Go to download mode. Press and hold the "Power" button + "Volume Down" button + "Home" button, at the same time until you see a warning message.
- 5Press the "Volume Up" button to continue.
- 6Connect the USB cable of the phone, to your computer. Make sure the (Kies) driver is installed.
- 7Go online on your computer and download the CF-ROOT FILE HERE.
- 8After the zip file has been download, extract the file on your computer. The outcome of the file must be a ".tar" extension.
- 9Download ODIN 1.85 HERE, and extract the two files in it.
- 10Run the Odin3_v1.85.exe and check if the ID:COM box if its yellow. A yellow box indicates your phone is connected. If the box is not yellow, you need to check your connections or install the phone drive on your computer.
- 11Tick "Auto Reboot" and "F. Reset Time", and don't tick anything else in that section.
- 12Tick "PDA". Click the PDA button and browse the *.tar file that you have just extracted and click "Open".
- 14Meanwhile, on your Samsung Galaxy S3, wait until it reboots twice automatically, and you're done rooting it!
Connect the Cables
Sixaxis Controller App
- 1On your Samsung Galaxy S3, go to the Google Play Store.
- 2Search and install the "Sixaxis Controller" app.
- 3Run the app and tap "Start".
- 4Tap "Grant" root access.
- 5Once it has paired, and Bluetooth has been activated on the controller, you can now unplug the USB cables.
Tips Tricks & Warnings
- Warning: Rooting your phone will void its warranty. You are the solely responsible for your phone, so do so at your own risk.
- Not all games are supported.
- If you want to see if your Android device is compatible with the "Sixaxis Controller" app, you can install the app called "Sixaxis Compatibility Checker", available on Google Play Store.
- If you are done playing, you need to tap "Stop" on the Sixaxis Controller app to set your keyboard back to normal mode.
- You can also read this similar article: How to connect Xbox 360 controller on Samsung Galaxy S4.
Questions and Answers
Can you tell me what I need to play Android games on HDTV with PlayStation 3 controller?
My phone is Galaxy S3 Neo. I will buy an MHL cable with HDMI and USB.
VisiHow QnA. This section is not written yet. Want to join in? Click EDIT to write this answer.
There is no user reviews.