Organize Your Desktop Icons for Windows OS
Edited by Christine Cruz, Eng, Lynn, Doug Collins and 1 other
The desk is messy. Files and folders in disarray, picture frames face down, and pens without covers all make up the clutter on the surface of a desk. The worker pinches his nose in frustration. The work needed to be done is already piling up, and to boot, the chaos on the desk hampers the production.
The visualization above is likened to that of the computer desktop. Computer overload? Did you know that the computer's performance is be affected by the icons on your desktop? Does your computer take time to load? The culprit might be all the icons and shortcuts attached to your desktop. You need to clean it up, to get a virtual broom and dust off your desktop.
Why Do People Have a Loaded Desktop?
The desktop is another place where you can save files and other documents.
It's convenient for most people, since the files can be seen and accessed easily. Easy access, they say. You can open them easily, as they're just a click away. It becomes, however, very inconvenient once the icons are in disarray. A crowded desktop will slow down your computer more than you know.
Clean Up Your Desktop
Fortunately, there are ways to organize and clean up the desktop. Some are programs that still need to be downloaded, but there are those that are simple; basic.
- Fences. This tool lets you group your icons accordingly and then places them inside floating containers for easy access and sorting.
- Diswy. This tool lets you hide and unhide your desktop icons with just a single click.
- Sectioned Wallpapers. This is a quirky way to organize the icons on your desktop. If you want personalized sectioned wallpaper, you can create one with Adobe Photoshop or even with Paint. If you do not have the skills or the time to make one, you can search and download one with PhotoBucket or anywhere on the net. A sectioned wallpaper is already background divider of your icons making it easy to organize them.
- 1Custom Icons.
- SideSlide. This tool displays the contents of folders inside a scrolling window.
- FSL Launcher. This tool has a tabbed launcher that can be connected to your folders.
Arrange and Move Icons on your Desktop
For arranging and moving your desktop icons, the following links are provided: For arranging icons on the main menu of Apple TV For arranging and moving icons on your Microsoft Desktop
If you have problems with any of the steps in this article, please ask a question for more help, or post in the comments section below.