Open a Small Used Clothing Shop
Edited by mahalia jovita b. bugasto, Lynn, Eng, Christine dela Cruz
Opening a small business may seem easy, but it is actually the other way around. If you do not know what to consider as a business, then you'll have a dilemma. When it comes to business, you have to make sure that you start a business that every human being would "need" to have. Fail safe businesses include clothing.
You have to look at the market (the people who might be buying your stuff). You have to make sure that your clothing business will cater to the people who are around your area. So let me give you more tips on what you should do before you can open a small used clothing shop. Used clothing is not just "in" - it has now become a fashion. It is considered by many to be the "normal" shopping way. That is why, if you will be starting a business, it's better to start with something that is out of the ordinary and also affordable.
Things to Consider
- 1The Market - You have to check out who and what types, or even the class of people you will be selling to. You cannot sell Gucci to middle class men and women, right? So you have to determine the people who will be buying your stuff.Advertisement
- 2The Location - Always take into consideration that the location where you will be placing your business in will be in the "limelight" or in the midst of everything. Do not settle for a location that is within a location. A good location should be in the middle of everything to make sure that people will notice you and see that you are selling something that they need.Advertisement
- 3The Budget - Before starting a business, make sure to check your budget. The location, the market and the items should fall into place with your budget. If you start a small used clothing business, you should have ample start-up money - around $10,000-15,000 for costs and buying some of the items that you will be selling, paying for the rental location, and making some other miscellaneous purchases.
- 4The Items - When you are selling something like clothing, you have to consider the buyer's budget. You also have to consider the quality of the clothes you are selling. Buyers would like something of everything. Your clothes should have diversity and it should have almost everything. For example, if your customers will be looking for blouses, you should have them in different sizes to give them what they want and a lot of choices.
- 5The Advertising - Any type of business should have advertisement. Since you are just starting small, you can use an advertising trick that is free, which is using the power of the people. Spreading the news by word of mouth that you have a shop opening, using the power of the people starts with your family members and friends. They will then share the news with their family members to their friends. You should also invest in tarpaulins, flyers and even a decent sound system to catch the attention of the passersby and potential customers.
- 6Once you have considered the things mentioned above, then you are ready to start your own small used clothing store. Good luck! And more power to you!
There is no user reviews.
Categories : Business & Management
Recent edits by: Eng, Lynn, mahalia jovita b. bugasto