Open a PayPal Account
Edited by Pia Marie Villamante, Lynn, Graeme, Nuance
PayPal is one of the leading electronic commerce businesses that permits money transferring and payments to be done over the internet. Money transfers made online act as an electronic substitute for paying in the usual method, like money orders and personal checks. PayPal is a financial institution that processes payments for commercial users, auction sites and online vendors, by charging a fee. They may also charge a fee for receiving money, not only for sending. The fees charged vary on the currency used, the payment choice used, the sender's country, the receiver's country, the quantity sent and the receiver's type of account. The fee is usually small, but when you start to count how many transactions are done in a day, you begin to wish you'd thought of it first.
PayPal became a completely extra owned company of eBay in October 2002, but they broke up in 2014 and now work independently of each other. PayPal is a public corporation. Its headquarters is in San Jose, California. The company has also some operations in Dublin, Ireland; Toronto, Canada; Tel Aviv, Israel; Chennai, India; Kleinmachnow, Germany; Charlotte, Austin, Omaha, and Scottsdale in America. PayPal's founders were Peter Thiel, Luke Nosek, Elon Musk, Ken Howery and Max Levchin. Its president is David Marcus and CFO is Patrick Dupuis. From last July 2007 until today, PayPal has also managed within the European Union as a Luxembourg based bank.
- 2Choose your preferred country and language.
- 5You may also leave it blank and add that later. Bear in mind that when you do not add any credit/debit card on your PayPal account, you will not be able to deposit any amount of money, so it is recommended that you add that as soon as possible.You will be asked to connect your bank account or credit/debit card to your PayPal account.
- 7Just validate your account and you're good to go.
How to Verify You Paypal Account
- 1First authenticate your email address.
- 2Then log in to your PayPal account.
- 3Select "Get Verified" on your account overview.
- 4Choose the verification method you want to use.
- 5Put in your info and then choose "Continue".
- 6Select "Confirm", then select "Submit".
How to Insert your Debit/Credit Card
- 1Tick on the "My Account" tag.
- 2Then next choose the "Profile" sub tag.
- 3Select "Add/Edit Credit Cards" on the financial info column.
- 4Fill in the card form.
- 5Then tick on "Add Credit Card".
- 6Now you have added your card to your account.
Recent edits by: Graeme, Lynn, Pia Marie Villamante