Open a New Document in Photoshop CS6
Edited by Freya, Alexander Avdeev, Eng
You're watching VisiHow. In this video, we are going to show you how you can open a new document in Photoshop CS6 in Windows 7.
- 5Then, we can click "Preset". We can select the paper that we want. We can choose "International Paper" and a variety of different formats, depending on what we are intending to create. It is all right to keep it at "International Paper". We click "Size". "A3" is a usual choice for a high-resolution image. It depends on us: whether we are going to create something for the Internet or maybe we need even only the "A5" size. It depends on our personal preferences.
- 6Then, we can change the size manually as well. After we select the size, we can select the unit of measurements. The default unit is "Millimeters". We can edit "Width" and "Height" manually, which is a "Custom" preset. The size depends on specific requirements for the document and makes life a bit easier.
- 8Then, we should check "Resolution". The default value is "300". We have the option to change the measurement units. We can change this value depending on if we are going to be uploading the document to the Internet, if we want to print the document, and so on. The higher the number, the higher the resolution. Depending on our document, we should research that as well.
- 9We may want to ensure that we are going to be at "RGB Color" in "Color Mode". This is the most compatible color mode for printing from home or office. The selection can be "Grayscale" also, but everything we will create will be in black and white. We can also select "CMYK Color", which is mainly used for offset professional printing. Color conversion may take a long time. It is recommended to stay at "RGB Color" not to have any problems.
- 11We also have some "Advanced" options below. In this video, they are not touched, as the default settings are the most compatible. Depending on what we are intending to create, we might want to edit the "Color Profile" and "Pixel Aspect Ratio" options using the drop-down menu. We are going to click away from the selection and leave it as it was.
- 16Then, we can turn the image 180 degrees or 90 degrees clockwise or counterclockwise. Let's turn the image 90 degrees clockwise. We can see that the image will be in the landscape layout.
This is a VisiHow video. We've just shown you how you can open a new document in Photoshop CS6 in Windows 7. If you have any questions or comments, feel free to add them to the section below. We'll do our best to get back to you.
Video: Open a New Document in Photoshop CS6
Categories : Software
Recent edits by: Alexander Avdeev, Freya