Open, Close and Manage Apps on Google Pixel and Pixel XL
Edited by Jay
One of the greatest features of the Google Pixel and Pixel XL is the ability to find, open, view, and manage applications. Practical and useful apps make the smartphone experience all that much better, and knowing how to access and edit your device's applications is valuable information.
Let's face it, without being able to use apps, a smartphone wouldn't be nearly as convenient, and would mostly resemble a device from the 90s, minus the massive screens of course.
Below we'll take you through everything from uninstalling an app, right through to opening two applications in split screen mode.
Open, Find, and Close Apps on Google Pixel & Pixel XL
Configure, Disable, or Delete Apps
View Two Apps in Split Screen Mode
- 1After a few seconds, a black divider line will appear with all other open apps below.To view two applications at once, go to an app, then tap and hold the "Recent items" button for 2-3 seconds.
Disable Background Data for Apps on Pixel & Pixel XL
Tips, Tricks and Warnings
- To save on battery power, close any apps you're not using.
- Be careful which apps you temporarily disable. In our example above we used the Play Store app, if you disable it, you will not be able to search for new apps.
- Save time by placing your most frequented apps on the home screen.
- Use split screen when you have to switch between two apps often.