Navigate a Document in Microsoft Word 2010 Using Hotkeys.
Edited by Eng, Jen M
Hello and welcome to VisiHow. In this video, I'm going to show you some Hotkey Commands in Microsoft Word 2010. It will help you navigate through a word document and highlight text in a faster more efficient way without having to use the mouse.
- 1Use arrows to put the cursor where you would like it, press the shift button, and then press the Down Arrow, and you can highlight and select text very quickly. It is very useful; it's a lot easier than using the mouse and having to get the position right. You can just use the arrow keys in the bottom right-hand corner of the computer.The first thing I'm going to show you is a way to select text.
- 5If I press Ctrl + right or left arrow, I will move one word at a time. It is a lot faster than scrolling one letter at a time. So if you want to get somewhere and you don't want to use the mouse or the mouse pad, you can scroll very quickly by scrolling one word at a time using Ctrl + left or right arrow.If I want to move around, I'm going to use the arrows but obviously it's only going to move one letter at a time.
- 6I could just press the Down Arrow and scroll through the pages, and it's quite fast, but it isn't exactly what I want to do. If I press Ctrl + Up or Down it's going to scroll to the last or next paragraph. It gives you a little more control over what's happening, and it can also be very fast if you need it to be. It helps you jump to the next paragraph in a fast, efficient way.We can also move and scroll one paragraph at a time, that Is also very quick.
- 7If you close the document and then reopen it, you can press Shift + F5 and this will take you back to the place you had been before you closed the document, the place you were last time, the place you finished.To save you even more time, there's an option to return to the place you were when you closed the document.
- 8If you have any suggestions or questions, please leave them in the comment section below. You've been watching VisiHow.It Is how to navigate a Microsoft Word 2010 document in a simpler and more efficient manner.
Video: Navigate a Document in Microsoft Word 2010 Using Hotkeys.
Categories : Microsoft Suites
Recent edits by: Eng