Minimize the Risk of a Stroke by Intaking Garlic Daily
Edited by Shalom, Robbi, Lynn, Nerissa Avisado and 1 other
Do you have a fear of suffering from a stroke? Or think that having a stroke may be like the end of the world? If you have already been diagnosed as hypertensive then you know that you need to do everything possible to prevent the occurrence of a stroke. Likewise, if you have been warned by your doctor that you are at risk of developing chronic high blood pressure, then you would also be interested in looking for ways to control your blood pressure and minimize the risk of a stroke.
Hypertension is defined as a condition where an individual's blood pressure persistently measures at 140/90 mmHg or greater. Hypertensive individuals are usually given a combination of thiazide-based diuretics, calcium channel blockers (CCB), or angiotensin converting enzyme inhibitors (ACE-I), beta-blockers, and alpha-blockers. These medications are prescribed with the purpose of regulating blood pressure and averting the possibility of a stroke.
Some people, however, are not quite hypertensive because their blood pressure does not fulfill the condition of being persistently monitored at 140/90 mmHg. But, they may have alarming spikes in their blood pressure from time to time. They may also be good candidates for chronic high blood pressure because of their body weight, their lifestyle, or disorders they are suffering from. Not all "pre-hypertensive" individuals are given medication. Most of them are asked to exercise, lose weight, stop smoking, stop drinking, and go easy on the salt.
Finding Natural Interventions
Most people who suffer from strokes have chronic hypertension, or other conditions that bring high blood pressure but the reality is, sometimes not it is possible to predict when someone will we be affected by stroke. But, one of the natural remedies for people who are hypertensive is garlic. Some say garlic does not taste good while some say garlic is just a condiment that adds flavor to food. Actually, garlic is one of the best herbal medicines.
Garlic as Cure through the Ages
Anthropological studies point to the use of garlic as medicine during ancient times. As early as 2700 BC the Sumerians were using garlic as medicine. At around this time in China, garlic seems to have used for the same purpose. It was also used as a remedy for people with depression.
The value of garlic was very much appreciated in ancient Indian medicine. It was mentioned in the Vedas and used as a tonic to cure malaise, cough, skin disease, hemorrhoids, and poor appetite. Likewise, during this historical era the Egyptians and other ancient civilizations also used garlic as a medicinal plant.
Interesting Tidbits about Garlic
- When King Tut's tomb was opened, it was found to contain bulbs of garlic in its different chambers.
- Greek midwives used to hang garlands of garlic in birthing rooms to ward off evil spirits.
- European folklore credits garlic with the power to ward off the evil eye, and keep away werewolves, and vampires.
Uses of Garlic
- In 1858, the antibacterial activity of garlic was noted by Louis Pasteur.
- 1Apart from being a blood pressure regulator, many traditional health practitioners have identified other uses for it.Garlic (Allium sativum) has been around for thousands of years as a medicinal plant.
- 2Garlic is believed to possess antiviral properties that help fight a host of conditions such as colds, and allergies.
- 4Garlic is known to help lower blood pressure and cholesterol levels in the blood.
- 5It also causes the nervous system to hormones that boost metabolism.Garlic contributes to weight loss because it contains allicin, which is a natural appetite suppressant.
- 6It is known to help in reducing certain types of cancer. The list of these cancers includes esophageal, colon, and stomach cancer.Garlic is known to lessen the impact of free radicals, toxins, and carcinogens.
Garlic as a Remedy for Hypertension
To help minimize the risk of having stroke, eat garlic daily. At every meal and snack, eat either fresh or salted garlic. A simpler way of getting sufficient garlic is to make a preparation that you can use daily.
Note: The garlic in your olive oil can also be used for sauteing and for making delicious garlic bread.
===You will need:===
- 30 bulbs fresh garlic
- 2 to 3 cups of extra virgin olive oil
- Clean and dry glass jar
- 1Put half a cup of extra virgin olive oil in jar.
- 2Peel and finely mince 20 bulbs of garlic.
- 3Immediately drop the finely minced garlic in the oil.
- 4Carefully add oil to the jar to keep the garlic submerged. Don't add too much oil. You just need to make sure the the garlic is not exposed to prevent the garlic from becoming discolored.Do not allow any of the minced garlic to be exposed.
Administering the Garlic Remedy
- 1Take your blood pressure faithfully twice a day - once in the morning and once in the evening.Begin a record of your blood pressure.
- 2Take 1 heaping teaspoon of your oil and garlic mixture every morning.
- 3Take note of your daily blood pressure.
Tips, Tricks and Warnings:
Garlic is said to help individuals lose weight. In turn, this weight loss is one of the factors that can result in lowering blood pressure. However, no matter how magical garlic may seem, it cannot cause weight loss unless you do the following:
- Keep your sodium consumption down to less than 100 mmol per day.
- Maintain Normal body weight.
- Do aerobic exercises for at least 30 minutes, 4 times a week.
- Revise your diet. Make sure you have a lot of fruit and vegetables daily. Specifically, you should consume at least 5 portions every day.
Categories : Garlic Usage & Benefits
Recent edits by: Nerissa Avisado, Lynn, Robbi