Merge your subtitles with movie file VLC Media Player vs MKVMerge Software
Edited by Ronniel Javier, Lynn, Alma, Lister Jhan Dugho and 19 others
Many people love to watch movies, and subtitles may be needed for you to able to understand, especially if the sound and video quality are bad, or if your hearing is not great. When you turn on subtitles in the movies that you watch, it can help you to understand the whole movie story. If you want or need subtitles on the movies you watch, you can merge the subtitle file to your MKV file so that the subtitles will always be available to you. You will need an MKV file of your movie for this merging process will work. But don't worry if your movie file is not MKV because you can convert it to an MKV file.
We've included an additional method using VLC Media Player, which is also free, and will work with multiple video formats, not just MKV. Remember that you need to have your subtitle file (SRT file) in the same location as your video file, and they both have to have identical filenames.
Method 1: VLC Media Player
- 18To make sure your subtitles are hardcoded, open the video file in VLC. You should see your subtitles displayed along with the dialogue.
Method 2: MKVMerge Software
- 1MKVMerge Software. This software is free, and you can get it at http://matroska.org/node/50.Advertisement
- 2Video Converter Software. There is a paid version available, but the free version is good enough. Get it at http://www.freemake.com/free_video_converter/.
- 3Your Movie and Subtitle File. Just search the subtitle file on Google.(Note: The subtitle should match the charset so that it will able to synchronize the voice and the text subtitle.
- 1Convert Your Movie to MKV File. If you already have the MKV movie file, that's good! Then skip this. If you have an FLV, MP4, AVI, or MPEG4 movie file, then you must convert it to an MKV file, using the software mentioned in the requirements section above.
Other way around
How it is done
- 2Choose the desired video.
Questions and Answers
How can I find the AVC converter program?
I need the link to download a trusted AVC program. Thanks in advance!
Here is the link to download AVC: AVC Ultimate.
Once you evaluate the program, you will need to purchase it for $49.95 on PC or $54.95 on Mac. It is available on the Any Video Converter Web page. Click "Buy Now" to purchase the fully functional version.
I cannot merge subtitle using vlc player with the method you shown?
I have followed all the steps mentioned by you but in the last step it is taking forever to stream.. kindly guide.. thanks.. After the last step of stream there is nothing displayed on the screen and subs are not addded.. I have tried: I have tried all the steps as provided in method 1. I think it was caused by: I don't know?? if I know what has caused the problem why would I ask you??
VisiHow QnA. This section is not written yet. Want to join in? Click EDIT to write this answer.
Categories : Software
Recent edits by: DeleteQnA, Maria Quinney, Jay