Make a fat bomb for your weightloss
Edited by Ian Gabriel T. Tolledo, Maria Quinney, Inukshuk, Lynn and 11 others
FAT BOMBS!!! I capitalized that so you'd know just how HOT and trending fat bombs are today. Now you might be here for one of two reasons. One, you have tried dieting or fasting and have stumbled on this website looking for a guiltless snack to satisfy your cravings, or two, you're here because by now you realize that fat bombs can help you lose weight, maintain good health or just make a healthy snack alternative. Whether it's the first or latter, you've made the right choice in coming here and deciding to try fat bombs. This article will introduce you to fat bombs, along with their health benefits and some recipes. After this, you'll learn how to get fab with fat bombs.
- 1 Fat Bomb: What is it and how does it work?
- 2 Chocolate Fat Bombs
- 3 Ice Cream Fat Bomb Recipe
- 4 Fat Bomb Smoothie
- 5 Lemon Fat Bombs
- 6 Hard Core Fat Bomb
- 7 Some Precautions
- 8 Tips Tricks & Warnings
- 9 Questions and Answers
- 10 Comments
Fat Bomb: What is it and how does it work?
- 1Fat bombs are snacks/foods that contain a high concentration of fat. Oftentimes, fat bombs are consumed by people on low-carbohydrate diets, making it ideal for them.Advertisement
- 2Ultimately, fat is our body's main source of energy. It is the preferred fuel for human metabolism. Actually, people only require minimal amounts of glucose (sugar), most of which are supplied by our liver regularly.Advertisement
- 3Fats are essential nutrients for maintaining a healthy body. Our adipose tissue (stored fat), gives cushioning and insulation to our body's internal organs, aside from protecting nerves and distributing vitamins throughout the body.
- 4It may surprise you, but fat is the largest reserve of energy available for any activity. Fat is stored automatically by our bodies when we consume more calories than we should. Ever wonder why fat was more desirable than a slim body during the ancient times? Because come winter or famine, those fat reserves can be used to nourish the body.
- 5People prepare fat bombs for diverse and personal reasons. Some of those reasons are:
- Extra energy during athletic activity.
- Energy source when dieting.
- Alternative snack option.
- Leisure and fun (for some).
Chocolate Fat Bombs
These are the most common kinds of fat bombs, and if you're new to this, I suggest you try this recipe first.
- 3/4 cup melted coconut oil
- 150g melted salted butter
- 60 drops liquid Stevia
- 150g almond butter
- 50g cocoa powder
- Cayenne Pepper (optional) FYI - spicy food makes you sweat more, and aids when you're dieting.
- 1Stir all ingredients in a big bowl, making sure they are mixed well.Advertisement
- 2Put the mixture into small cake holders (cupcake, muffin, etc).
- 3Put into the freezer for half an hour. You can also keep your fat bombs in the freezer if you want.
This batch's content would contain 91% fat, 5% carbohydrates and only 4% protein. Of course you could try putting other ingredients in the mix. Some suggestions are nuts, cream, honey, vanilla extract, cocoa nibs from cocoa plants, dried fruits, etc.
Ice Cream Fat Bomb Recipe
Guess you thought this was impossible, right? You can make your own low-carb fat bomb ice cream with this recipe.
- 1 cup Walden Farms whipped peanut spread
- 1 cup granulated Stevia
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3 scoops protein powder (any flavor you like)
- 1Pour the heavy cream into a mixing bowl.
Fat Bomb Smoothie
This just keeps getting better. In today's world of artificial drinks, smoothies and energy drinks are substitute for "sugar drinks". Here is the recipe for your very own fat bomb smoothie.
- 11/4 cup of water
- 21 cup of dark leafy greens of your choice. Swiss chard and Spinach are great in this shake.
- 31 scoop of whey protein
- 41 cup of full coconut milk
- 52 raw egg yolks
Instructions: In a large cup, mix all these ingredients, add in crushed ice, and just like that, you're done! Enjoy it with your favorite fat bomb chocolate snack.
Lemon Fat Bombs
A healthy snack with a twist - a lemon twist.
- 4 tablespoons of virgin coconut oil (preferable).
- 4 tablespoons of softened butter.
- 4 oz. of softened cream cheese.
- 4 tablespoons of Truvia or sweetener of you choice (use sparingly).
- 4 tablespoons lemon juice, or the juice from 1/2 a lemon.
Instructions: Start off by creaming together the butter and cream cheese, then add the other ingredients one at a time, mixing well in between. You can adjust the flavor to your taste. Put in silicone candy molds. Refrigerate until frozen. Enjoy!
Hard Core Fat Bomb
The following fat bomb was posted by a reader in the comments but I felt it was deserving of its own section in this wiki.
I use fat bombs if I am hungry and it's not time to eat yet. All I use is:
- Take 1 Tbsp organic extra virgin coconut oil.
- Drink a big glass of water and goodbye hunger for a while.
No carbs at all, but I know it's not for everyone.
As with any other dietary/supplementary foods, you should take precautions when trying out fat bombs for the first time, as there might be some ingredients in the recipe that may not agree with your stomach. However, this is just your tummy adjusting to high fat concentrate of a food, and it should settle in a day or two.
- 2Don't Eat Fat Bombs When:
- You are just experimenting and not really serious about it.
- You want to try making them with carbohydrate-rich foods (it defeats the purpose).
- You're allergic to one of its main ingredients (e.g. coconut oil, chocolate, milk, etc.).
- 3Fats are generally good for our health; however, beware of too much fat intake. It may do you more bad than good. When that proper and optimal level is exceeded, over-consumption of dietary fat can lead to problems with your health as well as negatively impacting your athletic performance.
- Saturated fats are found largely in animal sources like meat, ovum yolks, yogurt, dairy products, butter, and milk. This kind of fat is typically solid at room temperature. Too much saturated fat may be linked to illnesses such as high cholesterol and heart problems. Because of this, saturated fat must be limited to a maximum of 10 percent of your total daily calorie consumption.
- Unsaturated fats contain monounsaturated and polyunsaturated body fats, which are typically found in plant food sources, and are usually liquid at room temperature. Unsaturated fats have benefits such as bringing down cholesterol and reducing danger of heart disease. Common food sources include canola oil and olive, bass, avocados, almonds, flaxseed and soybeans.
- Trans fats have recently been added to the nutrition labels on many products. Trans fatty acids are created (naturally as well as man-made) when a good unsaturated fat is manufactured into a solid. Trans fats, like saturated fat, must be limited because these increase cholesterol levels and the risk of heart problems. Many countries in the past few years have banned trans fats.Buttoni's Low Carb Recipes
Tips Tricks & Warnings
- The whole point in making fat bombs is to promote a healthier snack alternative. You can use your own kind of fat bomb recipes, make your own discovery and you'll be breezing into a carb-free diet in no time!
- Beware of fat bombs that have strong allergenic ingredients.
- Continue experimenting and individualizing your fat bombs.
- Along with nutritious snacks, an active lifestyle will help boost your overall health.
- You should use organic virgin pressed coconut oil, as this is the most beneficial.
Questions and Answers
What is a fat bomb snack? Which one is best?
Going turbo into "ketosis" is great news for those who want to trim off the excess flab, yet still achieve a healthy and revitalized body. Fat bomb snacks can kick off your diet to a good start, as it basically highlights a low-carb, low-protein, and high-fat diet, which includes the really good fats that our body needs. What's essentially great about these amazing fat bomb snacks, is they don't make you feel or appear as if you're on a strict diet because you have all these sumptuous treats lined up to please your cravings. Fat bombs are generically made to satisfy your sugar cravings, yet not leave you going bonkers reaching out for chocolates or that bag of potato chips whenever you become hungry. This is definitely a healthy substitute that doesn't require you to starve yourself, or drink ridiculous-tasting juices in order to achieve a flat belly and a slim silhouette.
There are a wide variety of fat bomb recipes that you can find online in the form of truffles, or bite-sized munchies and beverages like smoothies. The concept is pretty simple, but there are many different ingredients to use and ways to prepare these sugary tempting treats. This basically becomes like a healthy cheat because you get to satisfy your palate without compromising your diet. Fat bomb snacks actually train you to crave the "good stuff" - good fats, high protein, and low carbohydrates, which are highly beneficial to your body. Also, the common ingredients used for these fat bombs snacks like coconut butter or coconut oil, almond oil, nuts, eggs, dark cocoa powder, and sweeteners like Stevia are very affordable and basic, and can either be found in your own kitchen, or nearest grocery store. If you have allergies to some of the ingredients listed above, you can easily substitute them with equally healthy ingredients such as honey, raisins, vanilla extract, unsweetened fruits, cream cheese, and others to suit your taste. This recipe and pic are complements of DJ Foodie:Coconut-Cocoa-Macadamia
One great thing about making fat bomb snacks, is you can be creative and experiment with different ingredients, and move into a guilt-free snacking mode anytime you want. The best recipes are the simplest, but it all depends on what you prefer to have in your fat bomb snacks. Grabbing those mouth-watering morsels and yummy smoothies is definitely worth it, and helps you on your way to a healthy and holistic framework for slimming down via this sumptuous route. With the help of fat bomb snacks, you can take charge of your health today.
A fat bomb snack is a snack that contains a very high concentration of fat, that makes it one of the best weight loss snacks. The rationale behind it is that you are replacing the carbohydrates with fats as your body's main source of energy because complex carbohydrates causes the body to gain more weight because your body converts complex carbohydrates into glucose, which is further converted by your liver into fatty acids - causing weight gain. When ingesting fat bomb snacks, the fat stays longer in your stomach making you feel satisfied, and it also reduces the amount of insulin hormone in the blood. Insulin is a fat-storage hormone that uses the fat stored for energy - resulting in weight loss. In regards to your query, there are numerous fat bomb snack recipes out there, and the best one is the one that contains a higher concentration of essential fats with little or no sugar. Take for example, the fat bomb chocolate recipe above that contains the optional cayenne pepper, making it one of the best fat bomb snacks.
Translate grams please, and what is cocop?
Translate grams please, and what is cocop?
Sorry the poster meant to put Cocoa Powder and it has been corrected.
How many can you eat when you are on a high fat, medium protein and low carb diet please?
Fat bombs. How many should I eat a day? I have tried: made them haven't eaten them. I think it was caused by: I'm scared. I don't know how to use them.
Most people eat fat bombs once or twice a day as a replacement for their normal snacks. You want to make sure they are no bigger than a tablespoon for instance use mini cupcake wrappers and fill the wrapper half way.
Coconut oil separating from other ingredients?
The recipe I had was to blitz all ingredients in a blender. Oil had separated from the rest of ingredients, which have gone all gluggy. So I have oil & glug. How do I mix it so I can pour it into ice cube trays? I have tried: Microwaved it for 20seconds. I think it was caused by: My blender may be broken.
VisiHow QnA. This section is not written yet. Want to join in? Click EDIT to write this answer.