Make a cupcake stand/cupcake tower β cupcakes & mini cakes
Edited by Shiza Ahmed, Charmed, Eng, Alma and 6 others
When serving cupcakes or cakes, it makes for a flashier presentation if you serve them on a cake stand. To make it even better, you can choose the same color for your stand as the icing on your cupcakes, or you can incorporate the pattern of your cupcakes into the cupcake stand to make it look more exciting. In this article, you we will show you how to make a cupcake stand. So gather all the materials, and get ready to make a cupcake stand.
- 1 Make a Cupcake Stand
- 2 Cupcake Stand for 100 Cupcakes Using Styrofoam Circles
- 3 Questions and Answers
- 4 Tips, Tricks and Warnings
- 5 Comments
Make a Cupcake Stand
This particular design will hold about 51 cupcakes.
What You'll Need
- 2Each 2" High in sizes: 2x6" and 2x7".Styrofoam Cake Dummies:
- 3Satin Ribbon.
- 4Thick Paper.
- 5Glue Stick.
- 6Craft Glue.
- 7Carpet Tape, Strong Double Sided.
- 8Metal Pins.
- 9A Pair Scissors.
- 10A Pencil.
Directions to Making a Cupcake Stand
- 7Use Strong double-sided tape so the cake dummies stay in place on the cake boards.Now the time has come to assemble the stand.
- 8When you have assembled cakes on the stand, don't move it too much.
Watch this [https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lgQy5toFRBs HOW TO MAKE A CUPCAKE STAND VIDEO}
Cupcake Stand for 100 Cupcakes Using Styrofoam Circles
Cupcakes have been the go-to party dessert in recent years. A breakthrough from the usual layers of cake, the trend is a fondant cake on top and the rest of the layers are made up of cupcakes. Aside from a being a break from traditional desserts, serving cupcakes has proven to be ideal. Why? You do not have to cut these into pieces because these are already individually wrapped. Aside from being a centerpiece and dessert, the cupcakes are also easy to serve to the guests.
Now that you have learned how to make a cupcake stand to hold 51 cupcakes, now we will focus on creating a cupcake stand for 100 cupcakes, still using Styrofoam circles. You know what they say - the more the merrier.
The materials you need and steps are the same ones mentioned above, with a slight difference in the numbers and measurements. Listed below are the exact measurements of the materials you will need. Styrofoam circles in the following sizes:
- 8 inch diameter
- 11 inch diameter
- 14 inch diameter
- 17 inch diameter
- 20 inch diameter
The first layer, which is 8 inches in diameter, can hold the fondant cake. The space in between each tier must be 3 inches, resulting in a 20-inch high cupcake stand. The second tier can hold 15 cupcakes, the third tier has a capacity of 18 cupcakes, the fourth tier can hold up to 24 cupcakes and the last tier holds 36 cupcakes. This totals to 100 cupcakes, plus the fondant cake on top.
Dress Up Your Cupcake Stand
Aside from the design mentioned above, you can dress up your cupcake stand depending on the theme or color palette of your party. Wrap the edges of the tiers with ribbon, which can be many different prints or hues. A great idea is to carry over the print or hue to the fondant cake on top. The pipe keeping the entire stand in place is best wrapped with a ribbon to ensure the tiers do not move.
Questions and Answers
How to make mini cake boards and cover them for a perfect presentation?
Cake boards are essential to ensure that the cake that will be presented in a neat, tidy and appealing way. Making a personalized cake board is one way to customize the size and design according to the preference and the theme of the cake. To start making the cake boards:
- Cake Foam Board
- Printed Wrapping Paper/Foil
- Spray Glue/Tacky Spray
MAKING THE MINI CAKE BOARDS
- 1Determine the size of the cake board that you will be making.
Tips, Tricks and Warnings
- If you find that one layer of Styrofoam circle will not hold the cupcakes, you can use two pieces to make it more stable.
- Use just the right size of pipe to ensure nothing falls out of place especially when the cupcakes are already in place.
- Before placing anything edible on the cupcake stand, make sure that no glue, screws or debris is left on the cupcake stand.
- Also, do a trial run before embellishing your cupcake stand, this will avoid having to redo the entire stand when you find out it cannot hold all the cupcakes and everything is already set.
- Have fun decorating the cupcake stand. It will look better as a centrepiece when the embellishment and cupcakes go well together.