Make a Homemade Aloe Vera Facial Mask to Treat Acne
Edited by Charmed, Jan Margery Castillo, Eng, Robbi and 19 others
Aloe vera is one of the many herbs or plants that offer multiple benefits. It can help improve blood circulation and digestion, and it's great for detoxification. Among other things, this plant is renowned for its excellent skin-soothing and healing properties. It's especially useful for burns, sunburns, irritation, allergies and even acne. This humble plant that's found in many people's backyards or flower pots can be easily processed to create a simple yet effective facial mask to treat acne and soothe inflammation that causes redness."
For thousands of years, Aloe Vera has been recognized as a plant with medicinal and soothing properties. Whether it's used in traditional medicine or for aesthetic purposes, the plants have a lot to offer. It is no wonder, then, that it was called "the plant of immortality" among ancient Egyptians. Many modern day cosmetics contain Aloe Vera, making the products even more effective. Whether you want to get the full effects of the aloe plant or you just want to save some money, you can easily make your own acne treatment mask out of Aloe Vera and a few common household products. If you don't have your own aloe plant, you can substitute with store-bought 100% pure Aloe Vera gel.
- 1 Try One of These Homemade Aloe Facial Masks to Treat Acne
- 2 Aloe and Vitamin E Eye Cream
- 3 Reminders Before Using Aloe Vera
- 4 Signs of Aloe Vera Allergy on Skin
- 5 Ways to Prevent Acne
6 Questions and Answers
- 6.1 Aloe Vera and garlic homemade pimple cream for face acne?
- 6.2 What would be a substitute for lemon juice in Aloe Vera facial mask?
- 6.3 Can I put Aloe Vera gel on my face every night to clear it and make it soft?
- 6.4 How to reduce my eye wrinkles with Aloe Vera?
- 6.5 For how much time I must put the Gel on my face?
- 6.6 Aloe Vera and Vitamin E for glow?
- 6.7 How many uses does it take for a full use?
- 6.8 What does it mean to cover all affected areas?
- 6.9 Can aloe vera juice clear dark spots and can I use normal honey or it has to be organic?
- 7 Comments
Try One of These Homemade Aloe Facial Masks to Treat Acne
Aloe and Lemon Mask
This aloe mask features lemon juice which works as a natural skin brightener. It also helps fade dark spots and acne scars, so your skin will look much clearer after a few uses. If you don't have lemons, try limes or grapefruit.
- 1Take your Aloe Vera plant and choose a thicker stem. These typically have the most juice.Advertisement
- 2Cut the leaf at the base of the plant with a knife.Advertisement
- 3Wash the leaf under running water.
- 4Squeeze out as much aloe juice as possible into a bowl.
- 5Place the leaf on a chopping board and remove the cactus-like edges using a knife.
- 6Slice through the center of the aloe between the skin to separate it into two parts.
- 7Use a spoon to scrape out the aloe gel from each piece and put it in the bowl.
- 8Mash the Aloe Vera gel with 1/8 teaspoon of lemon juice. It can also help preserve the mask in case you want to use the remaining mask the following day. Avoid using more lemon, or you'll experience irritation. You may also use a blender to create a paste out of the two ingredients.
- 9Apply the Aloe Vera mask on the face and neck and massage lightly, avoiding the eyes.
- 10Let it sit on your skin for 15-20 minutes, then rinse with warm water.
- 11Pat your skin dry with a towel and apply moisturizer.
- 12The remaining facial mask may be stored in the refrigerator for use the following day.
- 13Keep up this regimen at least three times a week to clear away and breakouts, even out the skin tone and prevent new acne from forming.
Soothing Aloe and Honey Mask
This face mask combines the anti-inflammatory benefits of aloe with the anti-microbial and moisturizing properties of honey for a powerful treatment that can soothe and calm your skin while fighting acne at the same time.
- 1Add 1 tablespoon of Aloe Vera gel to a bowl. You can extract the gel from the aloe plant, or use a 100% pure Aloe Vera gel from the store.
- 2Add 1 tablespoon of honey to the bowl. Raw honey works the best, but regular store-bought clover honey is also suitable.
- 3Stir the ingredients with a spoon until they're well-combined.
- 4Apply this mask to your face or any other areas of the body, making sure to cover all affected areas.
- 5Leave the mask on your skin for 20 minutes.
- 6Rinse your face and or body with warm water to remove the mask.
- 7Pat your skin dry with a towel and apply moisturizer if desired.
Aloe, Milk and Sugar Mask
This mask soothes, moisturizes, brightens and fights acne with the additional power of sugar and milk. Sugar is a natural source of glycolic acid, which aids in cell turnover. It's also a humectant, so it helps draw in moisture. Milk has been used in skin care for thousands of years because of its soothing, moisturizing, brightening and toning properties.
- 1Combine 1/2 tablespoon milk and 1 tablespoon sugar until the latter completely dissolves.
- 2Add 2 tablespoons of freshly prepared or store-bought aloe gel.
- 3Apply the mask to your face.
- 4Leave the mask on your face for 20 minutes.
- 5Rinse off the mask with warm water and pat dry with a towel.
- 6Apply a moisturizer to the skin if desired.
Aloe and Vitamin E Eye Cream
Aloe combined with vitamin E makes an excellent natural anti-aging eye cream that helps to reduce and prevent wrinkles, and it's especially good for sensitive skin. Apply this at least once a day to reduce fine lines and soothe the delicate under-eye skin.
- 1Mix aloe gel with vitamin E. Puncture a vitamin E capsule with a pin and squeeze out the contents into a bowl with 1 tbsp. Aloe Vera gel and stir it well with a spoon.Advertisement
- 2Apply the mixture to the skin under your eyes. Lightly pat it into the skin with your ring finger. Allow it to absorb before applying makeup.
Reminders Before Using Aloe Vera
- 1Aloe vera may cause irritation to allergic or sensitive individuals. Apply a small amount of aloe gel to your skin and wait for a reaction. If it reacts, then do not attempt to use it.
Signs of Aloe Vera Allergy on Skin
- burning sensation
If you are allergic to tulips, garlic or onions, your skin may react to Aloe Vera usage. It has also been found that prolonged use of topical Aloe Vera may lead to the development of skin allergies that manifest with hives and eczema. If this occurs, wash off the aloe immediately and take an over-the-counter antihistamine.
Ways to Prevent Acne
In addition to an aloe treatment mask, there are many other things you can do to get rid of acne and prevent new breakouts. Combining more than one method increases your chances of getting clear, glowing skin.
- 1Wash your face twice daily. Use a gentle, mild cleanser. Even if your skin is oily, harsh cleansers only strip and irritate the skin, increasing redness and making any current blemishes more noticeable. Moisturize each time you wash with a non-comedogenic moisturizer designed for your skin type. Avoid harsh scrubbing. Always remove any makeup before you go to bed.
- 3Let your face breathe. Do not use makeup too often. If you have to wear makeup all the time, ensure you choose cosmetics which are non-comedogenic. If your skin is sensitive to most foundations, try a natural mineral powder help even out your skin tone without triggering breakouts. There are many formulas available for all different skin types, whether you have dry, oily or combination skin.
- 4Take advantage of spot treatments.
- 5Try a retinol cream. Retinol-based creams and lotions are ideal for the prevention of both acne and wrinkles. While over-the-counter retinol creams don't contain a huge percentage of the active ingredient like some prescription retinoids, they can work in the long term to limit the development of new acne. Retinol is a vitamin A derivative that helps stimulate collagen, increase cell turnover and exfoliate dead skin cells, which prevents clogged pores. Apply a thin layer once in the evening, and follow up with a soothing moisturizer to prevent dryness and irritation. One excellent retinol product is Neutrogena Anti-Wrinkle Night Cream.
- 7Wash your towels and pillowcases often. Wash the towels and washcloths that you use on your face each time you use them to avoid spreading bacteria to your face. Wash your pillowcases at least once a week.
- 9Hydrate. Drink plenty of water. Water can help flush toxins out of the body and keep the skin moisturized from the inside.
Look better and boost your confidence with healthy, glowing and acne-free skin.
Questions and Answers
Aloe Vera and garlic homemade pimple cream for face acne?
The Aloe will help to heal and seal your skin, though the garlic is only helpful if you're eating it fresh. Do not put garlic directly on your face, especially if you have terrible acne. Scientific tests done with garlic have not shown it to be helpful in fighting acne when applied to the skin. However, wild basil oil and tea tree oil have been known help fight acne.
When eating garlic, keep in mind that it needs to be freshly cut or crushed when you eat it to get the best benefit. Leaving it to sit for a long time will cause it to lose most of its beneficial properties. Also, remember that these are natural remedies, and they don't work instantly. In most cases, you'll need to wait several days to see any real results. See more questions like this: Should it be applied on wet or dry face
See more questions like this: Aloe and honey mix mask. How long can it stay before getting bad?
What would be a substitute for lemon juice in Aloe Vera facial mask?
In our country, we don't have lemon plant, so I ask for its substitute, thanks anyway
You can try substituting grapefruit or lime juice for the lemon. If you don't have access to those, try the honey and aloe or milk, sugar and aloe masks listed above.
Can I put Aloe Vera gel on my face every night to clear it and make it soft?
My face has blemishes, I want to clear it. Also, I don't want my skin to age quickly
You can put Aloe Vera gel on your face every night to help clear and soften it. Try the aloe and honey mask listed above to clear, soften and moisturize your face then rinse it off after 20 minutes. If you want to apply a spot treatment that you leave on overnight, apply pure Aloe Vera gel just to blemishes and rinse your face in the morning.
How to reduce my eye wrinkles with Aloe Vera?
My eye lower side is very wrinkled, my age is 35, but I look like I'm 45
Try mixing 1 tbsp. Of Aloe Vera gel with the contents of 1 vitamin E capsule until it's fully combined. Apply this under your eyes daily as an eye cream. You can also try the honey and aloe or milk, sugar and aloe masks listed above since they're moisturizing and can reduce the appearance of wrinkles when used on a regular basis.
For how much time I must put the Gel on my face?
Aloe Vera gel. I want to know because it is too important for me
If you're making one of the masks listed above, leave it for 15 to 20 minutes before rinsing. Technically, you can apply pure Aloe Vera to your face and leave it all day or overnight before washing. For people with dry skin, this can make your skin feel tight or uncomfortable, so you can add a moisturizer on top of the aloe, try using pure aloe gel as a spot treatment for blemishes and oily areas of the skin. You can also mix the aloe with vitamin E, for a more moisturizing feel. Experiment to find out what feels and works best for you.
Aloe Vera and Vitamin E for glow?
Could l use Aloe Vera and Vitamin E on the whole face as a night cream?
Yes, you can combine the contents of a vitamin E capsule with Aloe Vera gel and apply it to your whole face as a night cream. It will soothe, moisturize and heal your skin without the addition of chemicals or unwanted ingredients that can cause a reaction on sensitive skin. The addition of vitamin E will add an extra layer of moisture for dry skin, and it will result in a smooth, glowing complexion.
How many uses does it take for a full use?
Does it take 10 times to have clear forehead of acne and pimples?
You'll most likely have to apply an Aloe Vera mask daily for at least a full week for noticeable benefits. Clearing acne isn't typically an overnight process--in some extreme cases, it can take weeks or even months for the treatment to take full effect. The best and most effective method of clearing up acne is combining various forms of treatment and using them on a long-term basis. Proper diet, skin care, and spot treatments are the best course of action. If your acne doesn't clear up after a few weeks of making these changes, consult a dermatologist.
What does it mean to cover all affected areas?
Kindly clear the above meaning because if we put a mask on our face so how can we cover them
Apply the mixture until you see no visible naked skin on your face except for the eyes and mouth areas of your face.
Can aloe vera juice clear dark spots and can I use normal honey or it has to be organic?
I have dark spots on my face and baggy eyes so can alovera juice clear that also if mixed with honey can it be any type of honey or it has to be raw
VisiHow QnA. This section is not written yet. Want to join in? Click EDIT to write this answer.