Make a Free Video Call with Skype on Microsoft Lumia 535
Edited by Thor, Alexander Avdeev, piter, Eng and 7 others
Hello! Welcome to VisiHow! In this video, we are going to show you how to make a free Skype-to-Skype video call when using the Microsoft Lumia 535.
- 1 Steps
- 2 Video: Make a Free Video Call with Skype on Microsoft Lumia 535
- 3 Questions and Answers
- 4 Video call Icon not showing in my Lumia 535?
- 5 Comments
- 3In this example, Skype is pinned to the home screen. The tile has a blue background with the white Skype logotype, which is a white circle with a blue letter "S" in the middle. If the tile has not been pinned to the home screen, then swipe left to find it in the application menu.Find the Skype tile on the home screen.
- 8It is the leftmost icon at the bottom the screen, it is in the blue bar, and it has an outline of a video camera inside of a white circle. If the icon is pressed, the Skype application will attempt to communicate with the other Skype application on any device of the person to whom the call is made. Skype will open up the video camera, and the Skype application is going to try to access the camera of the contact. In the video, it is possible that the person will not reply owing to his or her being busy, but an attempt will be made anyway so that the tutorial demonstrates how to make video calls.Locate the video call icon.
- 9The frontal camera will be active. The application will call the contact, which can be seen by the image at the top of the screen. The image has a pulsating profile photo and the "calling..." line. It is going to try to call the person. In the video, the contact did not answer. However, the process to go through in order to make a free Skype-to-Skype video call has been shown.Tap the camera icon.
Video: Make a Free Video Call with Skype on Microsoft Lumia 535
Questions and Answers
Video call Icon not showing in my Lumia 535?
My friend tried to make a video call to my no. in front of me, but video call option is not showing in my contact. Other contacts that exist in her contact list are showing video call Option. I am also unable to see the video call option in my Contacts of my phone. Only call button is present. We Both are Lumia 535 user. Please help, how can I start a video call?
Please try to perform the steps below.
- 1Open Skype.
- 2Delete your friend's number from Skype.
- 3Add your friend's Skype name (it should be a Skype name and not a telephone number).
- 4He or she has to check if your name or number does not have a phone icon next to you. It should have a Skype icon.Ask your friend to read you, just in case, as a Skype name.
How can I use WhatsApp on Lumia 535?
How can I use WhatsApp on Lumia 535, please tell me
You can learn how to install WhatsApp on your Nokia Lumia 535 by reading the VisiHow article titled Install WhatsApp to Microsoft Lumia 535. There is a video tutorial included in the contents on that page to assist you further.
I updated 535 to Windows 10 after making video calls through Skype, it's showing " camera already in use "but not working?
I update 535 to Windows 10 after making video calls through Skype, its showing " camera already in use "but not working. I have tried: I used Line, Skype, Viber, etc.
- 1Launch your Skype application.
- 2At the bottom of the screen, select the More option and go to Settings.
- 3You will also want to sign out of your Outlook account or Live email account.Sign Out.
- 4Then go on your PC and Sign out of Skype.
When Skype was integrated into Windows 10, it caused a host of issues. For instance, I have to keep Skype signed out on my PC for my phone to be able to make video calls. I also have to sign out of my Outlook account before I make a video call. If you are still experiencing the Camera being used issue after these tips, install the app fresh again from the Windows Store.
Categories : Nokia
Recent edits by: Maria Quinney, umesh yadav, albert quenette