Make a Chignon Braid Bun
Edited by Saira, Lynn, Eulalee, Eng and 1 other
The chignon braid bun hairstyle has rapidly become popular among many celebrities across the globe. It's popular because it's a casual yet elegant hairdo. The chignon is easy to do and doesn't take much time. It is good to start with freshly shampooed hair. If your hair is naturally curly, it is recommended that you straighten it before doing the chignon braid bun. If your hair is straight, you don't have to do anything but wash and blow dry or air dry it, then brush it.
- 1Bring all the hair to one side of the shoulder, off the nape of the neck. Then, tie your hair with a hair tie right at the nape of the neck to make it secure and to prevent flyaways.Make a side part on the side you normally part your hair.Advertisement
- 2Then tie it at the end once more. Wrap it up to the side in twists.Braid the hair by separating it into three parts and braid by moving the right over the center part and then left over the center part and back and forth all the way down.Advertisement
- 3They can then be tucked in with bobby pins towards the inside so they remain hidden. If you want this hairstyle to last more than just a couple of hours, spray your hair with mousse or styling gel before styling. After completing the chignon, spray it with a good hairspray to keep the hair in place.Another method is to make two braids and then twist them up together on the side of the neck.
- 4Push in and pull out at a rapid pace. This will take out a few hairs, here and there, and give a messy look, if you're going to a causal rendezvous. However, this hairstyle can work well for your evening functions, as well. You can also take out a few strands of hair from the front to give it a softer, more elegant look, especially if your hair is more along the coarse side.To give it a messy effect, take a teasing comb and use the pointed end to push slightly inward in different parts of the chignon.
Refer to the photos below to see how your hair should look at each phase.
Tips, Tricks & Warnings
- After completing the do, you can add hair accessories such as a butterfly clip or even beads to give it a more party-friendly effect, or to match the dress and accessories you have donned.
- Either way, this lovely chignon will more than likely attract admiring glances.
What to Avoid When Making a Chignon Braid Bun
- 1Do not braid your hair while it is still wet. Not only will this make your braid a little bit flatter than normal, it can also cause headaches, especially if it's overall hot outside. You are basically trapping the heat of your body and that causes the headaches. It is ideal that you let your hair dry normally first before you actually braid. If you do not have much time to wait, you can blow dry it and leave it for about 5 minutes before braiding.Wet hair.