Make Your Own Ginger Drink
Edited by Grimm, Zack, Dougie, Eng
Hi, you're watching VisiHow. Today, I'm going to show you how to make your ginger drink. This is a ginger drink that can be used to make ginger ale or simply ginger water. Because ginger is a bit spicy if you will and has a bit of a bite to it, it doesn't necessarily need to be carbonated to have the taste of ginger ale. However, it's also extremely effective in helping with sour stomachs or anything you may have where your stomach feels bad. Perhaps you've eaten something that didn't sit well, or maybe it's the morning after a party and you had a little too much to drink. In all these cases, ginger is a great thing to eat. In fact, the University of Maryland in the United States had determined that ginger is one of the best natural remedies for curing stomach aches and problems. So what I'm going to do is teach you how to make a quick and simple ginger drink.
- 1To start with, you'll need a nice and good-sized chunk of fresh ginger root. I do not recommend anything other than fresh ginger root. All I'm going to do is cut it into pieces with a knife. Each section is going to be cut into a piece, minus these little octopus-type pieces on the end here.Advertisement
- 2Then what we're going to do is take a standard potato peeler and we're going to peel the ginger. Some people prefer to do this by hand, but I'm not one of them. However, if you are the type of person who thinks that this is something that should be done by hand, there's no reason you can't do it. It just takes a bit longer, at least if you're like I am and not so fantastic at peeling things by hand. So, just get all of the peel off. Now the reason we're taking all of the peels off of this is because the ginger root peel is very bitter, and if you make a ginger drink like I'm going to show you and you do not remove the skin, it'll taste horrible. It doesn't matter how much sugar you put in or what you do, it's just simply going to taste bad. However, if you follow these instructions, this is a very good drink. In fact, it's something that I drink almost on a daily basis.Advertisement
- 3So now let's cut the head up here. Any parts of it you feel aren't up to your standards, just cut them off. This drink you're making is for you, so no one else is going to be judging your performance. All that's important is the taste. And the most important part of having a good taste is getting all of the peel off.
- 4I've now got three lovely pieces of peeled ginger here. Now what we're going to do is cut them into small little pieces, like this. It's kind of like how you would cut potatoes before frying them. So we cut each of these into pieces. You don't need to be fancy at all. Just cut them. Remember as you're cutting, ginger is a root, so it's sometimes a bit tough to cut. But that's OK; it's to be expected. Instead of putting these on the plate, I'm actually going to put them in my beautiful orange and white polka-dot bowl. Now our ginger is cut up nicely. You can see we've got it in the bowl here.
- 5What I'm going to do now is get a fresh bowl full of water. So now that our bowl is full of water and we've got cut up ginger there, we can just leave this on the stove and cook it for about two hours on low heat or low simmer, and once it's done let it cool down. Then what I like to do is pour everything, including the ginger, into a big container that can go in the refrigerator, and I add some sugar or honey to sweeten the taste. It's also quite nice to sometimes add tea if you like to have that sort of taste as well.
- 6And this concludes my tutorial on how to make yourself your own ginger drink. Thanks for watching VisiHow. Have a great day, and we look forward to seeing you on some of our other videos in the future! Thanks again.
Video: Make Your Own Ginger Drink
Categories : Beverages, Drinks, Smoothies, & Cocktails
Recent edits by: Dougie, Zack, Grimm