Make Your Own Free Christmas Gift Tags
Edited by Robbi, Lynn, Eng, Rebecca M.
One of those little things that we don't think about for our holiday gift giving are the small Christmas gift tags that each gift requires. They can be costly and what's more, you don't really get what you're looking for if you're getting the ready made variety.
Holiday gift tags aren't that hard to make if you have a computer, a printer and a little imagination. In fact, you can even make the stick on variety if you like by using stick on name labels or mailing label paper that is peel and stick.
Creative thinking and a little cruise around the internet will help you to find the free images that you're looking for on various sites that offer free public domain photos or free Christmas clipart.
How to Make Your Own Christmas Gift Tags
You will Need
- Graphics software such as MS Paint or Gimp.
- Christmas Clipart or Free Public domain photos
- 8 x 11 standard sized paper, either card stock or sticker paper
- Printer and ink
- 1Open a new image in your graphics program which is sized 8.5 x 11.5.Advertisement
- 2Divide the image visually or using a snap-to grid into the number of gift tags that you would like to create.Advertisement
- 3Your imagination is the only thing that can stop you on this step of the project.On the top or bottom of each area which will be a unique gift tag, add a small image, clipart or even some text if you prefer.
- 4Fonts are out there online, which will give you the means to say it with a little more flair. Free online font downloads will give you dingbat fonts and a wide range of free Christmas fonts and text with flair.Add a To and a From on the gift tag, using a lovely script if you like.
- 5Combine all of the images and text onto the page and save your image as a png or jpg.
- 6Load the printer up with paper of the variety that you plan to use for your printing project.
- 7Print out the gift tags that you've created.
If You're Graphically Challenged - Here's a Freebie from VisiHow
- Sized correctly for one sheet, simply click on the image here to get to the larger photo. That photo too is clickable and has a larger version.
- Right click on the largest version and save it to your computer.
- Print the sheet on a regular sized 8.5 x 11.5 sheet of card stock or sticky paper.
- You can either stick on your gift tags or if you elected to use card stock, use a hole punch and punch one hole into the gift tag. Tie it onto the gift using a pretty piece of ribbon.