Make Your Hair Thicker Naturally
Edited by Donna, Eng
Thick hair is an indication of health, beauty and youth. There are many causes of thinning hair including excessive emotional or physical stress, side-effects from medications, smoking, recreational drug use, environmental pollution, skin allergies, using hair products with lots of chemicals, a vegan diet (which is short in the biotin that is essential for hair growth), a change in hormones and taking hormonal therapy.
Unfortunately, as most people age their hair tends to become thinner because their hair follicles shrink. Nutrition can affect the thickness of your hair; for instance, if you are a vegan that does not consume eggs (which contain hair thickening nutrient called biotin), then you're hair might be thinner than those who do eat eggs. A change in your hormonal or taking hormonal therapy can also make your hair thinner as can side-effects from medications.
Thankfully there are remedies for helping you grow naturally thicker locks.
- 1 Apply A Fenugreek Seed Hair Mask
- 2 Rub Virgin Olive Oil Onto Dry hair
- 3 Apply an Avocado and Olive Oil Hair Mask
- 4 Apply an Egg and Olive Oil Hair Mask
- 5 Apply Coconut Oil and A Hot Towel
- 6 Apply an Amla Powder and Coconut Oil Overnight Hair Pack
- 7 Apply A Castor Oil Pack
- 8 Apply an Orange and Apple Puree Mask
- 9 TIPS AND TRICKS
- 10 Comments
Apply A Fenugreek Seed Hair Mask
Fenugreek seeds contain nicotinic acid and proteins that are known to stimulate hair growth and help strengthen the hair roots. They also contain Lecithin which helps heal a sensitive scalp and clogged hair follicles. Lecithin also adds shine to the hair. Another bonus is that fenugreek seeds have been known to cure dandruff as well as return color to graying hair.
- 1Soak four tablespoons of fenugreek seeds in pure spring water.Advertisement
- 2Grind the seeds into a paste using a blender or coffee grinder.Advertisement
- 3Add two tablespoons of coconut milk to the seeds to make a paste
- 4Mix the paste in your hair and use it to massage your scalp and hair.
- 5Cover your head with a towel and leave the mixture on for 30 to 60 minutes and then shampoo the mixture out.
Rub Virgin Olive Oil Onto Dry hair
This is one of the simplest remedies for thinning hair and one of the most effective. Olive oil contains essential fatty acids that can help your hair retain moisture and look shinier and thicker. Do this treatment every three days and watch your locks grow thicker and more lustrous.
- 1Pour two teaspoons of extra virgin olive oil into your hand and rub it all over your dry scalp and hair.Advertisement
- 2Rub it all over your hair and massage it inbeing sure to coat every strand.
- 3Leave the olive oil on for thirty minutes to an hour.
- 4Rinse with cool water followed by a short shampooing,
Apply an Avocado and Olive Oil Hair Mask
Avocados contain Vitamin E and long-chain fatty acids that are great for maximizing hair volume and adding shine to each each strand. Do this hair mask two times a week and watch your hair become thicker and glossier.
- 1Mash an entire avocado with one tablespoon of olive oil.
Apply an Egg and Olive Oil Hair Mask
Eggs contain protein, the building blocks of hair structure, as well as biotin, which helps grow hair and give each strand more tensile strength (meaning the hair is less likely to break or split.) Olive oil is deeply moisturizing and smooths hair cuticles so that your hair appears thicker and shiner. Do this treatment two to three times a week to create real gloss and more volume.
- 1Beat two large eggs in a bowl with a hand whisk until the mixture is foamy.
- 2Add two teaspoons of a quality virgin olive oil
- 3Leave on for fifteen minutes and rinse out with a light shampoo.
Apply Coconut Oil and A Hot Towel
Coconut oil helps the hair shafts attract moisture so they plump up and make your hair look thicker.
- 1Do this treatment two to three times a week to see improvement in the thickness and shine of your hair.Warm the coconut oil in the microwave for about five to ten seconds until it is warm to the touch but not going to burn your hands or scalp.
- 2Apply the oil liberally to your scalp and hair.
- 3Wrap a wet towel that has been warmed in hot water and leave it on for thirty minutes.
- 4Only use shampoo if your hair feels really greasy from the treatment, meaning that you applied too much.Take the towel off and rinse hair under cold water to make it super thick and shiny looking.
Apply an Amla Powder and Coconut Oil Overnight Hair Pack
This pack rescues inflammation, clarifies the scalp and helps your hair be stronger and shinier.
- 1Mix one tablespoon of Amla powder with two tablespoons of coconut oil and heat for two seconds in the microwave.
- 2Make sure the mixture is blended well and massage it into your scalp and through to your hair ends.
- 3The next morning you can shampoo your hair as usual.Wrap your hair in a towel and leave the mixture on all night.
Apply A Castor Oil Pack
Castor oil has a viscous texture to it that help protect thin hair from toxins and tearing and nourishes it with Vitamin E and fatty acids.
- 1Make sure it is not too hot to touch before removing the oil to apply to your hair.Heat two tablespoons or more of pure castor oil in the microwave for 1-3 minutes.
- 2Apply the warmed oil to your scalp and use a comb to distribute the oil evenly from the root the tip of the strand.
- 3Leave the oil on for three hours and the rinse it out and shampoo lightly.
Apply an Orange and Apple Puree Mask
The acids and Vitamin C in the orange juice help to clarify and heal the scalp and the apple puree creates shine and body that helps you hair appear thicker. This type of clarifying treatment could be done every two to three days to stimulate your hair follicles to grow more hair.
- 1Mix two tablespoons of orange juice with a quarter cup of apple juice.
- 2Apply to scalp liberally and blend it into your hair.
- 3Follow up with a light shampoo.Leave this mixture on for half an hour and then rinse well with cold water.
TIPS AND TRICKS
- Amla powder can be bought at any local health food or whole foods store.
- Try to buy organic ingredients as they will be more effective.
- Shampooing lightly is recommended after most treatments because you do not want to strip the hair strands that you just treated of their oils and nutrients.
- Most packs can be applied to either dry or wet hair but dry hair may be a bit more effective as it is more porous and can absorb oils and nutrients more efficiently